Purple Lightsaber Crystals

KiraHalcyon

That's not entirely true. There are some books that have loose lore, but most of them have to adhere to the established Lore. And to add any kind of a new concept, it has to go through George.

George Lucas does not pre-approve content. he has lackeys to do it for him.

With SW:G it was some guy with the last name of Blackman from Lucas Arts that was responsible for approving content. And he was really bad at it.

Edited by CriticalMasses

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from what I've learned so far, if you haven't heard.

Available to the Empire as a PVP weapon.

Republic apparently has access to a purple crystal drop from a raid boss, not a world boss.

No other methods of obtaining have been reported.

Also their has been 0 comment from anyone at Bioware about why purple was restricted in this manner.

Especially since their game artists couldn't keep their grubby mitts, off them when gearing NPCs.

Give Republic a NON RAID source for purple colored crystals WITH OUT STATS, I really don't care.

Welcome to Bioware. After Weekend Beta testing started they clammed up. At launch, they promised to communicate more, but this has not happened at all. The only time GZ deigned to comment on threads was usually to chew someone out in Beta.

And as I told him at that time. During beta, if you want to stay quiet or chew out players, fine. But once the product is launched, you will have to step up communication and actually respond without ripping someone a new one. Because we are now paying customers.

Obviously they did not take this to heart.

The fact is. all of the basic colors should be non restricted and easily obtainable. Bioware needs to do this ASAP. Their patches have been pretty pathetic as it is. Fixing one or two things here and there. Bringing servers down for 8 hours of maintenance weekly. (sometimes longer).

Supposedly they have a bug-fix team and a separate content team. Truth is, they need a 3rd customization team, because this game is going to need entire patches dedicated to expanding customization options. And Color Crystals need to be a top priority.

I am glad they listened to us though and gave us a "few" container hilts to craft at level 400 artifice. But it irks me that there aren't more, and the ones they did throw out there aren't that great. The lack of imagination and the linear thinking with reference to design on this game is extremely disturbing.

Bioware's got a potential winner, but they really need to be pushing a lot of this stuff now, and some of it should have been handled in Beta.

I don't know why I seem to be the only one that thinks "Named" crystals should be the only rare DROPS that come from raiding, world bosses, and PVP.

If we all pushed for these changes as a cohesive whole, maybe then Bioware would stand up and take notice and get moving.

I agree with you, CM. Purple crystals shouldn't be high-end, endgame, raid-level content. I can understand them being a little more rare than the Red/Blue/Green crystals, because after all, we only saw one purple lightsaber in all of the Star Wars films. But by that logic, Yellow and Orange should be even rarer than Purple, because those were NEVER seen in the films. Yet in game, not only is yellow far more common than purple, it's the only color crystal you can buy from vendors, transforming it from "rarer than hen's teeth" to "common as dirt."

And of course, the Light/Dark restrictions on Blue/Green/Red crystals is just ludicrous, but that's a whole other topic.

Some say quests others say RE'ing! My take is RE'ing what you craft & hope to get it as a new schematic!

There shoulnt be any restrictions on color for light sabers. any faction should be able to express them selfs as they wish.

As for the color change restrictions. Its very easy to work around but it cost you money. The way to get around the dark lightsaide trait is have someone get the item that is the require side and have them put the crystal in that you want that is not bind on pick up. Put the crystal in the hilt. Hilts are the real problem here imo. You can not compare them on the screen with the Crtl click feature so i have a little pic to go off of then i do not like it at the same time a great hilt i like is dark side only. ***? Only way i have found to fix this is to get the level 48 one which i am 1 level from. The hilt is restricted but the crystal is not or vise versa.

Cliff notes: Get friend that is lightside or dark side to put your crystal in your saber BEFORE you equip it to bind it to you.

As for the color change restrictions. Its very easy to work around but it cost you money. The way to get around the dark lightsaide trait is have someone get the item that is the require side and have them put the crystal in that you want that is not bind on pick up. Put the crystal in the hilt. Hilts are the real problem here imo. You can not compare them on the screen with the Crtl click feature so i have a little pic to go off of then i do not like it at the same time a great hilt i like is dark side only. ***? Only way i have found to fix this is to get the level 48 one which i am 1 level from. The hilt is restricted but the crystal is not or vise versa.

Cliff notes: Get friend that is lightside or dark side to put your crystal in your saber BEFORE you equip it to bind it to you.

I believe the color crystal being modded into the item is what changes the alignment requirement.

I.E. putting a Red Color Crystal into a Neutral Lightsaber then alters the weapon forbidding anyone Light 1 from using it.

I believe the color crystal being modded into the item is what changes the alignment requirement.

I.E. putting a Red Color Crystal into a Neutral Lightsaber then alters the weapon forbidding anyone Light 1 from using it.

Untrue, there are RED lightsabers for Light side as well.

The purple crystal recipe drops from the Belsavis World Boss, the Primal Destroyer. I've seen 3 of them drop (2 Lethal and an End), and I know there's a Power one as well.

It requires a Magenta Adagen crystal, which I've yet to see, even in EV and HH. The rumor is that you find Columi (T2) light sabers with purple crystals in them and RE them to get the Magenta Adagen, but I've not found one nor am I likely to RE one if I do, as it will likely be an upgrade for me.

I've seen the White Crystal Recipe drop from the Alderan World Boss (didn't win that one either) but no clue where the recipe mat for it comes from. No one I've seen in game has the Purple saber yet.

The above is true and I even know where to get Magenta Adagen crystals from.

The problem is that many people don't wish to share this information because purple crystals require a bit of work to get, are rare, cool, whatever and could possibly sell for millions, as long as the masses don't know how to get them.

But the thing is, the information is out there for those who bother to use Google. You might have to sift through a lot of crap to get the correct information but it's definately out there in full detail.

On a sidenote, Magenta Adagen crystals are unique so you can only have 1 purple crystal crafted at a time unless you send your Magenta crystal to an alt before getting another one.

PS: I'm still looking for a republic side artificer on Hidden Beks who can craft purple crystals :) Can provide the Magenta Adagen crystals myself + a crafting fee.

Edited by Fsixknight

Purple is not Magenta.

Magenta is not Purple.

They are two different colors.

The ability to craft a Magenta Color Crystal does not grant the ability to craft a Purple Color Crystal.

So far, everything I have seen is that Magenta is a separate, distinct, unique color from Purple. If this is not true, and Magenta Adegan Crystals go into a schematic CALLED "Purple (Type) Crystal," then I retract all of the above.

That is for a Magenta crystal.

A Magenta crystal is not a Purple crystal.

That's for sure.

I just saw a Magenta Lightsaber in game, and I have only one thing to say about that color...

PINK!!!!

Seriously, it isn't a barbie pink, but that is still a pink Lightsaber.

I am not touching the Magenta Crystals with a Ten-Foot Pole!!!!

Not true.

I've tried this with orange "bind on equip" lightsabers and as soon as the old crystal comes out the saber it binds to you.

I'm playing as a dark side Jedi Sage with a red lightsaber, but I wish I had a purple. I don't like how few color choices I have in the game while leveling. Also color stones should not have stats, they should be cosmetic so you can choose what you want. As it is now everyone who is min-maxing is going to use pink as soon as they find it just because it's got the highest stat. I always used purple in the KotOR games, why make it so hard to get in TOR?

Doesn't look like you can anymore. I've been trying to get my hands on an orange crystal, but haven't found any guns, or sabers that you can remove the crystals from, other then the Legendary ones you can buy with commendations, so, that may be the best bet, go blow your commendation badges on sabers with purple/orange, and hope you can learn them that way.

Orange Endurance crystal schematics are sold by Artificing vendors.

i personally want an ORANGE one.

until 220 that i have my artifice now, i cant make orange, or purple crystals. stupid.

GIEF ORANGE!!

See my answer above. High end artificers can make blue-quality Orange crystals (which require level 47 to use them)

Edited by Tarka

There are purple crystals as terrain objects on Ilum too, but they aren't interactable.

if u are talking bout PINK and not PURPLE then...

Maybe you need to do something to get it interactable.. just sayin ;)

Tatooine is were you should start to look.

And if u get it interactable.. bring a tank and healers!

Edited by paxattaxyo

I'm playing as a dark side Jedi Sage with a red lightsaber, but I wish I had a purple. I don't like how few color choices I have in the game while leveling. Also color stones should not have stats, they should be cosmetic so you can choose what you want. As it is now everyone who is min-maxing is going to use pink as soon as they find it just because it's got the highest stat. I always used purple in the KotOR games, why make it so hard to get in TOR?

See, I don't object to color crystals having stats, so long as THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME STATS. Thus the equipment is still usable to provide bonuses, and you get to choose them for aesthetic purposes. This is pretty much the way the common crystals all work now. . . a blue-quality Red Fortitude Crystal gives the exact same bonus as a blue-quality Green Fortitude Crystal, so the only reason to use one over the other is because you like green better than red or vice versa (or that stupid Dark/Light restriction.)