so i just got merciless slash....

FryChikN

keep slash in the rotation... you will still use it alot

Oh yeah

Almost 3 k hit for only 5 focus (or 4 depending on spec), its definatelly a must

Zeaulous = merciless + cauterize, thats almost 6.5k in about 5 (+ the 6 secs of cauterize) secs and on top of that you get 30% reduction on target speed depending on spec and abilities :)

I guess you're right. But how do you run out of keys on your keyboard?

Q, E, R, T, F, C, X, Z

Shift + All of the Above

Alt + All of the Above

I assumed he was running out of toolbar slots since I have the same problem.

I have 30 keybinds and they are almost full. Sents successfully have more binds than most classes in WoW after 3 expansions.

It wouldn't suck AS much to me if I could have 3 bars on the bottom...having to scan my LEFT action bar to see what's up is really awkward.

and i really have like no more room for keybinds :/.

once you get merciless slash should i pretty much never have to use slash? or should i still be keeping slash in rotation?

I had a little trouble with new skills too.

If you have not done this yet, this is a way you can free up a few keys.

Your Juyo Ataru or Shi chu forms don't need to be on a visible quickbar (you can put them on another quickbar page you never use)

This frees up 3 hotkeys. Another thing you can do is remap your UI keys (such as map, inventory ect) to keys on the other side of your keyboard.

Third thing you can do is to use your scroll wheel up and down for hotkeys (instead of camera zoom in and out) and assign camera zoom in and out to your arrow keys if you don't use them for anything else.

There are a few other ways to free up hotkeys but these are the easiest to do and work for everyone.

Let me know if these tips were helpful. :)

maybe i just dont have enough keybinds i use..

1,2,3,4,shift+Spacebar,`,A,S,D,F,G,Z,X,C,V + shift of the letters.

normally thats all i need for keybinds in other games.

I like more keybinds but that's me.

I use 1,2,3,4,5

ctrl 1,2,3,4,5

ctrl q,w,e,r,t

q,w,e,r,t

tab,

ctrl +tab

space

2 gaming mouse buttons

scroll up/down scroll button mapped

ctrl + space

a,s,d,f,g

ctrl s,f,g, (ctrl a and d are umappable for some reason)

z,x, ctrl +z, ctrl +x, c, `, ctrl + `, f1,f2,f3,f4,f5

well those are my keybinds. I play with mouse in the left hand though so it might be different for you.

edit: almost forgot H :)

edit 2: oh yeah, i forgot the arrow keys too. so that's another 4 - 4 for wasd movement so that'ts...

49 active hotkeys and I still feel like I could use a few more though....

forgot shift+tab so i guess I use 50 active hotkeys...

Edited by RakeHoxven

regarding keybings you can always change the basic movement a bit from w-s-a-d to e-d-s-f.

This way you have q-w-a from the left free to be bound and r-t-g from the right side.These are the binds that require little to no movement from your finger. Then you can bind some more on your mouse. I am using G700 and have 10 skills bound to mouse buttons. with those 6 it is almost enough to never click on the skill bar.

Oh and you can use shift + E / D (again, to minimise finger movement) for two relics. Add s /f for medpack / adrenal if you want.

I use a Razer naga for the number keys from 1-10 + Q,E,R,T,F,X

I really should start to add shift binds as well...

However, since my WoW days I've come up with a bind map system for the numbers to correspond to class ability uses instead.

1,2,3 - Primary attack/healing skills, in ToR 1 is the dedicated "free" attack, which soaks up one button that I'd normally use for a heavy attack/heal that I don't use as often (In WoW, this was the mapped button for stormstrike) 2 is the spam button for a focus dump attack or filler. 3 is generally an utility attack or expensive fast heal. On my Sentinel, 3 is the force leap button.

4 is generally a damage over time or HoT button for the most part, but always an instant attack (In WoW this was unleash elements.)

5 is the AOE/ utility button, except on my operative where it's what I push for awesome shanking power (hidden strike.)

6 is for damage resistant stuns (such as debilitate) I'm still trying to figure out what to map to this button on my melee force users, but it will probably be stasis/force choke.

7 is a second DOT button, cauterize goes here and never leaves this spot. (Before SWToR this was my "proc attack" button, such as lightning bolt on my shaman for when maelstrom weapon hits full charges and such, an attack you can't/won't use until a certain effect procs)

8 Is a special button, on any character with any kind of stealth ability, this is where that lands. Force camo will probably be here, however on non-stealthy characters I use it as a secondary AOE bind.

9 Non-damage resistant and/or AOE CC button of awesome utility and glory. Not so much on sentinels.

10 Persistent CC effects go here, hex, sheep, sap, sleep dart... You name it. Disable droid will probably go here.

And the letter keys I just bind to whatever CCs or attacks that don't match any of these or are in excess of the one button per role rule.

So on sentinel I have Q bound to Blade storm, E to Zealous strike, R to zen, T to rebuke, F to overload saber and X to kick.

I should probably just make a shift+e bind for kick...

I have to admit to still clicking health packs, it's a bad habit I got into and I havn't been able to kick it yet...

Edited by Morticoccus

I played EQ2 before coming to SWTOR and in that game you simply didn't need keybinds. I could just stand in one spot and click my hotbars 90% of the time. Changing gameplay styles has been a challenge for sure but I started off slowly and worked my way towards where I am now.

Started out simply doing 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Eventually added a few letter keys, Q, E, R, F, and V. These took some getting used to.

Eventually mapped Shift R to my force leap, because it felt really natural for me.

Added ~ for my huttball pass, shift+space for my dispatch, and got a Razer Death Adder, (Cheaper than naga) and used those extra few buttons as well.

I've got about 90% of my needed abilities mapped right now and as soon as I'm completely comfortable with them I'll add one more key. The one big one I odn't have mapped yet is Riposte, and I'm starting to click it alot more often now so I think I'm going to find a good place to map it before this weekend and shortly thereafter I'll be pretty close to where I want to be.

I have 30 keybinds and they are almost full. Sents successfully have more binds than most classes in WoW after 3 expansions.

It wouldn't suck AS much to me if I could have 3 bars on the bottom...having to scan my LEFT action bar to see what's up is really awkward.

i think you could enable the skills on cooldown to be shown just above those 2 bars in the middle. if not, then i guess it was in tera :)