Why do people bash Tracer Missile spam? What else are we supposed to do?

Kentontudor

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Necro or not; it is ironic that nobody complains about tracer spam now even though the build calls for it. I guess as long as it sucks,we are all happy. Really wish they would have changed how the class plays in stead of leaving it as is while also making it less effective.

Necro or not; it is ironic that nobody complains about tracer spam now even though the build calls for it. I guess as long as it sucks,we are all happy. Really wish they would have changed how the class plays in stead of leaving it as is while also making it less effective.

it never should have been complained about in the first place. every class had an interrupt from launch, bad players just didnt now how to use it

it never should have been complained about in the first place. every class had an interrupt from launch, bad players just didnt now how to use it

Well; it's hard for me to say I wouldn't have complained about it being designed that way back then, because I didn't play one until after the nerf. Maybe I would have been ok with it had I felt it was effective; but I think even then, it was just a poor design to have a single channeled ability require it to be spammed repeatedly as the base for most the procs in that class. It's terribly boring even if it is effective.

I kind of feel the same way about pyro PTs as it stands now as far as being boring.

Edited by Technohic

Stand behind a sniper, works like a charm. Guarantee you'll be higher on the DPS chart because of it.

until the sniper rages at you for attracting every enemy smasher on the field.

sniper sits comfy in little pillbox unable to be lept to...along come herp a derp a merc stands next to him. Both smashed for 6k.

Not Mercs/Mandos, they aren't to happy.

Don't a lot of ranged classes have a single attack that they spam more than others? Tracer missile, snipe, ion pulse, TK throw, etc...

Tracer missile is just annoying that's all. You can interrupt it and shut down a Mercenaries ability to build damage. It doesn't do a whole lot of damage alone. Its really an annoyance to be hit with a Grav round multiple times because it is something that is incredibly easy to shut-down.

Tracer missile is just annoying that's all. You can interrupt it and shut down a Mercenaries ability to build damage. It doesn't do a whole lot of damage alone. Its really an annoyance to be hit with a Grav round multiple times because it is something that is incredibly easy to shut-down.

You know whats funny is how its just an annoyance and not something to be feared. Tracer/Grav is the mercs/mandos primary weapon as it is what the arsenal spec is built around and it should be feared like some other classes abilities, but its simply an annoyance.

What is with all these necros lately?

I actually find them quite interesting, looking back at how the game was a year ago. Sometimes I just go back a few hundred pages to read threads about how Sorcerers and Concealment Operatives are overpowered while Marauders need a buff.

I know, I was arguing in favor the of the tracer-spammers. People bash them, but a large number of classes have a single attack that their build is based around. Unfortunately, for the tracer-spammers, theirs really isn't worth anything.

The simple reason is that the single ability is overpowered, not the Merc per se.

Introduce a cooldown to the ability, lower its damage, or prevent it from critting and nobody will complain anymore.

You can't be serious. With current state of Arsenal class PvP performance, these changes would kill the spec big time. We got enough nerfs already and cannot counter any melee class at all.

And we caught one.

I don't think so mate. A a full EWH geared Arsenal Merc playing from the release, I wouldn't consider myself a "Tracer spammer". It takes a lot of devotion to play one these days of "lolsmash" era :).

You can't be serious. With current state of Arsenal class PvP performance, these changes would kill the spec big time. We got enough nerfs already and cannot counter any melee class at all.

Check the date on that quote. What's funny is they DID reduce the damage, and then suddenly everyone found their interrupt button and now we're the laughing stock of 50 PVP.

GG BW. GG.

One of the reasons why so many people complained about Tracer spam, aside from not knowing where is the interrupt button, was the fact that animation was one of the most visible and loud animation on field. Big bombs all over the place annoyed and grabbed people attention. Ever noticed why people complain about tracer spam, but grav spam was usually not mentioned?

Later on they switched animation with fusion missile, but it was too late. Class was nerfed to the ground.

Check the date on that quote. What's funny is they DID reduce the damage, and then suddenly everyone found their interrupt button and now we're the laughing stock of 50 PVP.

GG BW. GG.

Indeed. Not only the interrup button but force push/choke/leap it all interrupts our damage abilities, so basicaly all an Arsenal can do is stand there and get raped. Not to mention 2 melees attacking you at once. And all BW can say is that we lack "escapability". What a joke. Where are the pre 1.2 Legacy times when Mercs were just fine? Sure they should have fixed the incorrect tracer debuff stacking, but that should have been the end of it. Instead they nerfed Mercs to the ground.

My rotation:

I think commandos and mercs need combat stealth like sents/maras. It would be good for escaping to range to set back up to spam tracers... ;)

That actually would make a lot of sense. In KOTOR I and II we saw the mandalorians using stealth all the time, and in other games we see troopers with stealth capabilities.