State of open-world PvP on my PvE server

Dogjutsu

The Illum 'PvP' norm on my (PvE) server:

Rebs and Imps look around the PvP area until they find each other.. when they do they both call out in general for people to join and/or invite friends to the ops groups until there is a nice group of ~8 (or however many) on both sides. The capture points are switched up until roughly even, if one side has fewer guys, the other side gets more cap points so that the valor exchange is even-ish.

The two sides group into tight balls 20 or so meters apart. The two sides negotiate how many rounds need to be done to get everybody their dailies. It is decided which side gets to kill first. A timekeeper notes the time, and one team kills the other group.

At soon as the killed players die and respawn at the med center, they type '/stuck' and get instantly teleported back to where they died. Once everybody has respawned and /stuckaported back, the other team takes their turn getting their kills. The killed team /stuckaports back to the meeting place, and the two sides have a /dance party for 4 minutes until the timekeeper announces it is time to start again.

If somebody hasn't been clued into how things work and are running around actually trying to get into fights, somebody generally tells them to chill and come join the kill trade.... they usually do.

PvP chat on Illum is almost ALWAYS looking for Op groups to kill trade. Don't know that I've seen anybody try to form a group with the actual intent of PvP'ing. I once witnessed an Imp guild group break up a kill trade session between another Imp group and a Reb group, but generally, all is peaceful and cooperative on Ilum.

So just thought I'd share the absurdity that is Illum PvP on my PvE server -- hopefully some of you out there on PvE servers actually have some fun, open-world battles there; I suspect that is not the norm.

Anyway, the absurdity of it all inspired me to post this in hopes that it will contribute to the general chorus of malcontent with Illum PvP, and help lead to a real, rewarding, and fun PvP system outside of the WZs..

Haha, the level of organization and commitment you folks are willing to go to for your precious "peace" and "convenience" is downright impressive.

Is this normal for all PVE servers? The closest my server got to this was when Ilum stopped working and they sat around chatting and racing for armaments. Of course some terrible, terrible, terrible people took it upon themselves to destroy this peace.

Now that Ilum's back up, it's back to a massive zergfest of blood and guts, which sounds preferable to whatever you have. It's certainly not PVP, and since this is Ilum we're talking about to begin with, that's saying a lot.

There was some nice fighting in our PvE server in Ilum, low pop server so there really wasn't any zerg groups. Most of the time it was roughly equal sized ops group fighting for central.

Then a week or so ago someone started kill trading, and that's the way it has been ever since. No more fighting.

Ilum is a joke.

Edited by Youmu

My server we stand on a bridge and shoot each other, the bridge is determined by the side with the greater population out there (bridge closest to lowest pops spawn). Why you guys take time to figure out wind trajectory is beyond me, this isn't rocket science.