Whats really wrong with this game

namingsway

without trying to be rude, the only thing wrong with this game is the bugs. its 100% not the games fault if you don't like it. You want a harder game they're out there. You want a game with better pvp, they're out there. More often than not they are not the high profile shiney new MMO because those do tend to cater to the middle.

LFG Tool = breeding ground for D-Bags that drop group when things don't go their way.

Making people interact with each other builds interpersonal relationships which weeds out the good from the bad.

Nah this wont fly anymore, I find D-bags in my server most the times, so no, cant see it as a good excuse.

There's nothing really wrong with this game, sans the graphics bugs and general crap that they keep patching. You just want it to be WoW with lightsabers. All of you. It's not, get over it, quit if you can't deal. Seriously, it is just that simple.

Yeah yeah, call me a fanboi (though I don't know why, this is the first BioWare game I've ever played - and the first Star Wars game as well) - but the above statement is still true.

It's not WoW, it hopefully never will be, move on.

Nah this wont fly anymore, I find D-bags in my server most the times, so no, cant see it as a good excuse.

If anything makes D-bags it's a bunch of bored frustrated people who can't find tanks :)

I agree with you. That excuse ain't flying with me either.

Edited by JeremyDale

There's nothing really wrong with this game, sans the graphics bugs and general crap that they keep patching. You just want it to be WoW with lightsabers. All of you. It's not, get over it, quit if you can't deal. Seriously, it is just that simple.

Yeah yeah, call me a fanboi (though I don't know why, this is the first BioWare game I've ever played - and the first Star Wars game as well) - but the above statement is still true.

It's not WoW, it hopefully never will be, move on.

Daddymoofle, it was Bioware who decided to basically copy-paste WoW's endgame and move it over to this game. So don't blame us for BioWare's decesion to copy WoW - because that's exactly what they did.

And if you are going to copy WoW - you may well copy it's best feature also, because copying WoW's endgame but stupidly choosing to leave out its best feature makes absolutely no sense.

I only agree with your first point. The lack of any LFG system outside a VERY short comment and a flag that people have to search for, is pretty bad.

I disagree with your PVP comment entirely though. The bolster system is amazing because it actually allows lower levels to PVP and not just get farmed, so fights tend to be a lot more about skill than levels. Of course the lower levels always have the disadvantage, since they have fewer abilities and less skill points, but they have a fighting chance and it makes things more skill based than gear. Besides I dunno about other servers (mine is only a standard pop one during primetime, it's light every other time) but 50 brackets already killed PVP queues on my server, adding further brackets would just guarantee PVP's death on my server further.

And space combat is just meh. It was really fun until you realize your doing the same 5 long as hell missions over again, and only doing them because the dailies give good exp.

...stupidly choosing to leave out its best feature makes absolutely no sense.

The LFG tool is not the reason why WoW is successful. WoW is successful because it was the first MMO brought to the Western World that anyone could pick up and play. The LFG (and now LFR) tool is all about convenience; and though I agree that it helped a lot, it's hardly the game-breaker you're making it out to be.

Dual-spec would inherently solve the same problem that you're having with your lack of tanks (and no, I'm not talking about damn AC changes) - and that's in the works. Everyone who read about this game knew it wouldn't be in at launch, and immediately started ************ about it as soon as they got in to Early Access.

See, I'm not one of those d-bags who says "WoW didn't launch with blah blah blah" - I'm definitely one who believes that they should have launched in 2011 with what other games in 2011 already had, to be competitive - but it may just be possible that the developers don't know how to implement it correctly, or just don't want to.

Either way -- complaining on the forums about the game not being a complete WoW clone isn't going to help. If you want WoW with lightsabers - you can literally mod WoW's core files so that your Orc's sword looks like a damn lightsaber. You might get banned, but you CAN do it. :)

The LFG tool is not the reason why WoW is successful. WoW is successful because it was the first MMO brought to the Western World that anyone could pick up and play. The LFG (and now LFR) tool is all about convenience; and though I agree that it helped a lot, it's hardly the game-breaker you're making it out to be.

Dual-spec would inherently solve the same problem that you're having with your lack of tanks (and no, I'm not talking about damn AC changes) - and that's in the works. Everyone who read about this game knew it wouldn't be in at launch, and immediately started ************ about it as soon as they got in to Early Access.

See, I'm not one of those d-bags who says "WoW didn't launch with blah blah blah" - I'm definitely one who believes that they should have launched in 2011 with what other games in 2011 already had, to be competitive - but it may just be possible that the developers don't know how to implement it correctly, or just don't want to.

Either way -- complaining on the forums about the game not being a complete WoW clone isn't going to help. If you want WoW with lightsabers - you can literally mod WoW's core files so that your Orc's sword looks like a damn lightsaber. You might get banned, but you CAN do it. :)

It was Bioware that obviously wanted WoW with lightsabres Daddy, not us. That's what you aren't getting.

And I disagree with you. I do think WoW's excellent LFG system was why it's endgame was successful, at least for a great many number of its players.

That being said I should point out I despise WoW and hate the game with an intense loathing. But that doens't mean I can't recognize when they did at least one thing right. And when it comes to making endgame group-based content easily-accessible Blizzard gets Kudos from me, because they did an excellent job on that. And considering how very little there is to do on this game after 50 unless you are in a group - choosing to leave out a LFG tool was almost a sin IMHO.

But hey, adults can agree to disagree :)

Edited by JeremyDale

Wow, another one of these posts where a person asserts their bad game experience and expects what? some mod to come along and say 'we're sorry you can't beat a lower level than you, we'll send you some hardware and some free game-time' ? If you want to undercut the game, go post your dribble on 4chan.

There's nothing wrong with this game aside from the bugs/lack of content, but that's because it's a new game. The game shouldn't be tailored to one player's complaints and you can probably tell by the majority of responses on this thread that other people's experiences are vastly different.

The only part of your post I partially agree with is the lack of an LFG system. There's no reason to not have such a feature as it generally speeds up game-pace, allows you to meet new players and foremost standing in the Fleet spamming is a bad time-sink. HOWEVER I'm confident that in time there will be a LFG system added.

Edited by ChekhovBear

It was Bioware that obviously wanted WoW with lightsabres Daddy, not us. That's what you aren't getting.

No no, I understand that - who wouldn't want 11 million paying customers focused on rushing through your entire content process just to experience 3 or 4 revolving dungeons over and over again? ;) I get your point, I just see the journey more than the end I guess.

And I disagree with you. I do think WoW's excellent LFG system was why it's endgame was successful, at least for a great many number of its players.

WoW beat every game out of the box though, and they didn't add in LFG until the end of Wrath (when they had MORE subscribers than they do now). I don't think you can attribute the success to great encounter design to the ability for people getting to see it via random engagements.

That being said I should point out I despise WoW and hate the game with an intense loathing. But that doens't mean I can't recognize when they did at least one thing right. And when it comes to making endgame group-based content easily-accessible Blizzard gets Kudos from me, because they did an excellent job on that. And considering how very little there is to do on this game after 50 unless you are in a group - choosing to leave out a LFG tool was almost a sin IMHO.

I don't hate WoW. I'm not going to lie here, I saw this game and said "HOLY **** I CAN SHOOT LIGHTNING AND HAVE A LIGHTSABER?!?!" and I was sold. I played WoW for almost 7 years, and in that time I grew to really feel invested in my characters - and that was from more than getting server firsts on Kel'Thuzad, Prince, Mag, Gruul, Kael, Illidan, and the entire SWP raid. I'm over that now though - and I guess that might be why we can't agree on this "endgame is everything" part of the argument. Alas, it's just a different frame of mind.

But hey, adults can agree to disagree :)

Agreed; I do respect your opinion (which is :eek: on this forum for sure!) - it's cool though, to each his own. :)

There's nothing wrong with this game aside from the bugs/lack of content, but that's because it's a new game. The game shouldn't be tailored to one player's complaints and you can probably tell by the majority of responses on this thread that other people's experiences are vastly different.

Chill it. We love this game and we want the FINAL version. Go away fanboy. Community won't let you destroy another game.

Chill it. We love this game and we want the FINAL version. Go away fanboy. Community won't let you destroy another game.

Such a lackluster response. Throwing that word around on a forum is like using derogatory slang in real life. If you can't come up with something interesting, why bother taking the time at all?

I'm pretty sure that most people that post on this forum love the game, they're just pissed that it's not what they expected and want a change -- because, it would be sad if you hated it and truly unsubscribed, but still took the time to post. I mean, life, get one, y'know?

WoW beat every game out of the box though, and they didn't add in LFG until the end of Wrath (when they had MORE subscribers than they do now). I don't think you can attribute the success to great encounter design to the ability for people getting to see it via random engagements.

:)

That's a fair point but i do think their excellent LFG tool was a key ingredient in keeping their subscribers coming back, esepcially once they reached max level.

If there is one thing WoW does better than any other MMORPG out there, it's making their endgame dungeons easy to access for everyone. And I'm sure that appeals to a lot of players. Especially the more casual ones who aren't alligned with a serious endgame guild who does them regularly.

It really was the only thing about WoW I thought was particulary well done. Well that and I thought their landscapes were well-designed as well. It was the horrific combat and repetitive endgame that made me despise WoW so much.

Edited by JeremyDale

My opinion of what is wrong:

Graphics

Optimization of the game engine

Terrible looking end game gear for most classes

PvP lacking several features

I like the graphics :)

The combat is pretty fun also, and I love the companion system. My biggest beef with SWTOR is pretty simple, it's extremely boring after 50. So much so I don't even log in now unless my tank-friend is online, else it's just a complete and utter waste of my time.

When they add a LFG tool (which I hear they will be doing soonish) it may help with this though. The legacy thing has me interested as well.

My friend got me hooked on anticipated with this game and being a Star Wars fan it did not take long to be obsessed with it. To stave my hunger while waiting for the game to be released I watched countless 2 hour+ per video beta game play streams.

When I finally got the game (ironically ahead of my friend to his mild annoyance) it was pure bliss. Though I have to re-roll my character once (smuggler to Trooper) I never looked back. Leveling from 1 to 50 was the most fulfilling gaming experience I have ever had since the rush I had trying to complete my Pokedex :D

But then it dawned on me, I am 50 and where to next? Grinding for sweet PVP gear via "49 times out of 50 it will be Huttball", Hard mode flash points and operations reared their ugly heads. I decided to take a break

I want to give this game some more time to be fixed and to see more things to look forward to playing (I like the idea of a new warzone as promised, curious about the legacy system, future story content).

LFG Tool = breeding ground for D-Bags that drop group when things don't go their way.

Making people interact with each other builds interpersonal relationships which weeds out the good from the bad.

My ignore list does the same thing. And as long as they follow the typical format where you can't get PuGed to people you ignore, I'd only have to put up with a specific D-Bag once.