Have I lost Kaliyo? *SPOILER*

WitchKings

Iv just Finished Voss, level 47, and i was asked to return to imperial command after Voss, turns out they have been disbanded and been taken over by the sith ( I took the hand of Jaedus route). The new Sith guy in charge says Kaliyo must be taken into custody and will be tortured, and that the rest of my team can remain with me. Now I have been using her non stop since i got her and got her fully geared for my liking and affection around 9000.

Now she has just gone, and is unavailable to summon. So went to Correlia as it might just be a temporary thing and iv done the first class quest there and no mention of her at all and still unavailable.

Im now screwed having not used any other companion all game and I cant take on anything on correlia as all the other companions are under geared. Using Scorpio as she was the latest companion I got so the highest default gear. But its not cutting it.

So what do I do? Do I get her back and when?

Edited by WitchKings

I don't want to give away too much for risk of spoiling the story, but you do get her back. Just not on Corellia. I'm assuming you're a healer to be using your tank pet. As such, use Scorpio as an alternative. You should be able to gear her up relatively easily at the GTN if you have spare credits.

If you're really struggling, and I can't imagine you would be because I didn't...either group up with other players, or alternatively just go straight through the story missions and ignore side quests/heroics. It doesn't take more than an hour or two from the point you're at to complete the story on Corellia and begin the endgame. Kaliyo returns on the final furlong.

My greatest frustration was a bug that resulted from Kaliyo's disappearing whereby sending the remaining companions out on crew skills was bugged most of the time and wouldn't work normally.

As a concealment op, I went with Doc Lokin and havent looked back, even though I used only Kaliyo before. Things I used to barely scrape by with Kaliyo I breeze through with the Doc. Still I love Kaliyo and all but the Doc has become my main companion.

The real question is WHY WOULD YOU WANT KALIYO BACK WHEN SCORPIO CAN FILL YOUR TANK ROLE. Kaliyo is by far the *comic guy voice* WORST COMPANION EVER.

Because Scorpio is an inferior tank compared to Kaliyo.

Reasons.

1. Kaliyo is a BH. BH gear falls like rain. You can equip Kaliyo from BH drops from HM FPs. Where are all the droid gear drops? There isn't any.

2. Kaliyo is a ranged tank. You can turn off Storm, EMP Blast and Kaliyo will stay at range attacking caster targets. Scorpio has to run in or Jet Boost into range. If Scorpio gets knocked back, she has to run back in. Kaliyo can get knocked back and do damage with grenade or blaster fire while still holding aggro.

3. Because Kaliyo can ranged tank, she can 'pull' targets to her. Helping clear a path between nearby groups. Scorpio could taunt but then she will run in. If that group has knockback, she will most likely get adds from those nearby groups. I had this happen several times while I was forced to use Scorpio where as Kaliyo wouldn't have any issue at all.

4. The Belsavis daily gives Kaliyo an orange blaster and Scorpio a blue staff. How many moddable staves have you seen drop?

Worst companion goes to the ship droids. They aren't worth using in combat and because you can't gain affection with them, they take longer to do crew skill missions.

Edited by Brightglade

Fully geared, Scorpio is such a better tank than Kaliyo, its almost laughable. The tank's main job is to hold agro and not die so quickly, and that is where Scorpio just does a better job. Maybe its in the abilities, maybe its in the AI, but Scorpio does a better job.

Honestly, I just geared up Vector (due to one sequence where he told Kaliyo to beat it and nearly lost the fight because Vector had level 24 gear at level 45). Vector and I basically passed agro back and forth all through Corellia (this worked as I was a hybrid healer /dps spec)

Once I specced full concealment, and got Kaliyo back, she was unable to hold agro over me despite my best efforts, and often died way earlier than a tank should. I grabbed a few spare parts for Scorpio on the AH after starting the Belsavis dailies, and have not looked back since that time. Even though I have much better gear than Scorpio, she still does a much better job than Kaliyo ever did in holding agro, and not dying in 2 seconds.

if you seen the vector threads, you know im an obsessive... i just gear him out to do dammage, sit back, point him at the enemy, and heal heal heal heal, and pop up shield probe when i get hate

works well, and everyone loves how good a healer i am since vector does squish a bit.

OP - I had trouble for a bit as well when Kaliyo was taken away. After her little betrayal I would have gladly kicked her out the airlock, but I would have stripped her first.

I'm a sniper and used Kaliyo all the way through the game, she had great gear on her and i didn't bother equipping the rest with anything remotely modern - when they took her I had a hard time at first. Scorpio does a good job in the same role as Kaliyo, and you can buy parts/cores at Belsavis for credits if you have the cash.

funny thing is when they took her back since then i cant send random companions on crew mission i send doctor once on bioanalasys and when i try second time on same mission my "Send Companion" button is gray same goes for others.

whats up with that?

funny thing is when they took her back since then i cant send random companions on crew mission i send doctor once on bioanalasys and when i try second time on same mission my "Send Companion" button is gray same goes for others.

whats up with that?

it was buggy for me too. sometimes i could only send 3 out, sometimes 4, sometimes 2

moment i got her back i sent her back to the sweatshop.

This had to be one of the stupidest story decisions BioWare has made yet. They give you enough mission rewards and commendations to fully gear out yourself and one companion...but if you happen to pick Kaliyo, you're screwed when she gets yanked out from under you.

Now I've got to go drop a bunch of credits to get SCORPIO's gear up to par for Corellia, all because BioWare thought it would be funny to take the one companion you've probably been using the whole time away from you for a while.

Who thought this stuff up?

This had to be one of the stupidest story decisions BioWare has made yet. They give you enough mission rewards and commendations to fully gear out yourself and one companion...but if you happen to pick Kaliyo, you're screwed when she gets yanked out from under you.

Now I've got to go drop a bunch of credits to get SCORPIO's gear up to par for Corellia, all because BioWare thought it would be funny to take the one companion you've probably been using the whole time away from you for a while.

Who thought this stuff up?

It appears the first companion you get has more story action than the others.

• 1 month later...

I just had Kaliyo taken away (and didn't really care cause I've been using Dr Lokin for the last half dozen levels - he's pretty well geared so I don't care that Kaliyo got yanked... she's a pain in the *** anyway)

But I also can not send a reliable number of companions out on missions... one or two is always grayed out.

looking forward to that going away when i get her back

The real question is WHY WOULD YOU WANT KALIYO BACK WHEN SCORPIO CAN FILL YOUR TANK ROLE. Kaliyo is by far the *comic guy voice* WORST COMPANION EVER.
Actually, I find the doctor best, but it depends on your role and spec. Doctor is also easy to gear: since he also uses cunning, just toss him your previous gearset. And the doctor's carbonite allows me to get behind and backstab. It does go a bit slower, so I try to use DPS/tank companions, but I mostly do class quest + PvP and I do the class quest when still red.

SCORPIO unfortunately goes down like a sack of bing. Kaliyo should have good lvl 40 pvp gear; SCORPIO cannot get that. I also have not found a Sensor Unit (head) for SCORPIO yet. There is none of the GTN.

And finally, Kaliyo has +10 armstech efficiency, +2 underworld trading crit.

My Kaliyo got taken away as well which isn't a surprise. However I wonder if the storyline gives her back again later. I actually like to use her a lot and most of her disadvantages I can work with. The other companions I have been trying so far don't really fit my style of playing. I am a sniper btw....

Do we get her back at some point? :(

Trying to upgrade Scorpio but I dislike any tank charging in like she does...

You will get her back, just continue to do your class quest. The most annoying part to me when she was taken away not just that I died more, but also it screwed up my crew screen. Half of the time I can't send out more than 2 to do missions. On a lucky day I could send 4. It was rather annoying.

Scorpio comes with green gear that is really orange. Cybertechs have a low lvl recipe that makes a sensor unit with slots that is also green but really orange. Armstech have a lvl 45 techstaff recipe which I made purple. Also I always ran Kaliyo before and have the same crew mission bug. I only upgraded Scorpio's Armor plates due to I couldnt get better enhancements. Running scorpio did give me big affection though...