The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please allow Champion Bags to be opened Pre-50

Lexlo

I feel it would be a better system if players of any level open Champion bags for the commendations. To make post-50 PvP slightly more balanced for everyone.

Currently, I feel "Fresh 50's" are at a disadvantage (and may be a detriment to a team's effectiveness) when they enter warzones without basic entry level Centurion gear. Most "fresh 50's" queue randomly and hope that a team is good enough to carry them enough to obtain wins. This then turns into a disaster when multiple fresh-50's queue on the same team against a pre-made against properly geared players.

Instead of allowing players to purchase multiple Champion Bags (which can cause unnecessary inventory clutter), I simply ask to allow any player to open Champion bags to bank some Commendations so they can have a few entry-level pieces at 50.

(If need be, it could also be implemented so Pre-50's only get Centurion Commendations, instead of Centurion + Champion.)

So many people are already quitting because there is nothing to do at level 50 after you get battlemaster gear. It is doubtful that they are going to let people get champion bags before 50. The grind isn't even that big of deal at level 50. This game beats WoW, warhammer, and etc in terms of how easy it is to gear up at level 50.

MMO is all about grinding because grind = subs.

As for your inventory clutter issuer considering you can only have 1 of these bags pre 50 it shouldn't be an issue, but if you save your tokens I believe once you hit 50 you can buy 5 more giving a total of 6. As for the request to open before 50 I say no way. How about you go through the same process (which has been already made much easier) to get your gear as those before you.

I feel it would be a better system if players of any level open Champion bags for the commendations. To make post-50 PvP slightly more balanced for everyone.

Currently, I feel "Fresh 50's" are at a disadvantage (and may be a detriment to a team's effectiveness) when they enter warzones without basic entry level Centurion gear. Most "fresh 50's" queue randomly and hope that a team is good enough to carry them enough to obtain wins. This then turns into a disaster when multiple fresh-50's queue on the same team against a pre-made against properly geared players.

Instead of allowing players to purchase multiple Champion Bags (which can cause unnecessary inventory clutter), I simply ask to allow any player to open Champion bags to bank some Commendations so they can have a few entry-level pieces at 50.

(If need be, it could also be implemented so Pre-50's only get Centurion Commendations, instead of Centurion + Champion.)

No...

/10char

As for your inventory clutter issuer considering you can only have 1 of these bags pre 50 it shouldn't be an issue, but if you save your tokens I believe once you hit 50 you can buy 5 more giving a total of 6. As for the request to open before 50 I say no way. How about you go through the same process (which has been already made much easier) to get your gear as those before you.

I have two level 50's (one with full Champion Gear and about to hit BM and another with most Centurion finished) and I think the system is still moronic.

And I said there would be Inventory clutter if they allowed us to have more than one bag Pre-50 instead of just opening them.

So people like getting stuck with fresh 50s on their team who have 10-11k health and die in 3-4 hits?

Centurion gear/comms should be obtainable before level 50 because as it is, nobody even tries to go for Centurion gear, they save up for Champion.

I think Centurion gear/comms should be allowed, but not champ, it would probably encouraged geared players to stay in a warzone, I know my heart sinks when I see 1/2 my team made up of players that have less health and worse gear than my companions!

This is someone who PvPs while questing.

The "hardcore" players would hit 50 and have full champion gear for themselves and all their companions. They'd be getting like 2-4 a level easy :X

Read the bottom of the OP....

I dont mean this as an insult but that is a horrible idea. this is a mmorpg. I get what youre saying, but the parameters that the game are built upon would be contradicted by this method. Simply put, you cant open bags pre 50 b/c youre not lvl 50. Thats the REWARD for being 50, getting lvl 50 gear. you will stifle and stagnate your game by adhering to every insignificant necessity that people deemed is a suitable fix for a PRESUMED issue. fresh lvl 50s in pvp suffering is a PRESUMED issue. Maybe they want you struggle, when your fresh 50 and WORK hard for your gear.

Its a presumed issue because:

1: Youre not the only fresh 50 in every bg. everybody but you ARE not in champion/bm gear

2: its a team-based game, thus both teams will have a diversity in gearing. while you cant solo a BM, supporting mored geared players can lead you to a successful pvp match

3. If you are looking for solo gratification in pvp encounters, youre expectation will never be met, and gear will always be the horrible enemy that lulls over you youre entire time playing pvp.

Frankly, youre suppose to get your butt kicked until youre geared. its a heirarchy, a chain of command, the food chain the pyramid. you start at the bottom, and you work your way to the top. You dont come into a situation immediately at the top.

Besides, think ahead, and you can 6 bags befor 50, do your dailies the first day at 50 and easily rack up a bunch gear.