Warzone Quitters ...

TheRFC

I leave WZs all the time when the Pubes get to the last door with 4 minutes remaining.

I leave when Huttball is 5-0.

I leave when the other team has a 3 cap on Alderaan.

This is why there needs to be punishment, you feel self entitled to leave a group because you think your standards are better than others.

No excuses, you need a deserter buff.

Honestly I will probably stop WZing if they put a debuff on me for leaving.
Nice threat, and trust me we won't miss your leaving selfish self.

Remember your a quitter, why should it matter anyways if you don't play Warzones?

Catch my drift?.. :rolleyes:

Even if they change the daily so that you don't have to win it won't solve the problem.

I tell you what the problem really is,

You and the leavers!

Being a debbie downer don't get nowhere in life.

Bottom line is QQ people need a deserter buff, no excuses. You can rant and rave all you want how a game is losed, or someone is at your door, or your stuck in middle of a dinner.

No excuses.

Punish leavers and let them sit with a buff and think about the next time they Q and leave a game.

Put them in timeout like a bad child that don't know no better but to be bad and selfish.

Add some rules and tough love.

Edited by Caeliux

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But a comprimise is needed on certain issues like this.

Why cant the compromise be people who only want to play a little may not get their daily done every day? More to the point, why should someone who plays 24 hours a day have the same amount of BM bags as someone who plays 2?

Nobody disputes that its perfectly reasonable for the second person to have taken 12 times as many days to get to the level cap as the first person, but once there suddenly all reward needs to be equalized?

Particularly with the new bag changes its not like they are going to take long to be in full champ anyway, and to be honest BM gear is just something you accumulate that doesnt really make a huge difference over champ.

But i think the main point of mine you need to remember is that im arguing why would someone who doesnt pvp other than to complete dailies, need to participate in pvp at all?

If they are only doing dailies to get gear to do dailies with, why not just 'dont pvp'?

Dailies should not be the end, only the means.

Now, this is an mmo, and as part of that reality people should accept that in addition to developing your own skills and strategies that gear is important. And further, in this game, the optimal gear for pvp requires components from all areas of the games content. SO this is not even a very good game for someone who only has the time to log in and do a daily since, quickly or slowly, they need to be working towards accumulating some of the pve gear, and this is not something that is broken down into 15 minute time-slices like warzones are, but does require a more lengthy and steady dedication to.

But I'm suggesting making the COMBAT objective.

That will only work if you make it a requirement, not if you make it optional. If people can cap 6 turrets instead of attacking 3 and defending 3, people will not have contradicting objectives.

For contradicting objectives, you have to REQUIRE players to defend turrets, and REQUIRE them to capture turrets. Now, those dailys will take a LOT more time then the ones now, because it may take forever for you to actually capture a turret.

And how do the healers capture turrets? If you do not require the healers to capture turrets, your system wil fail. Healers will complete dailys by healing someone... anyone.. doesnt matter.... Healers will stay at a turret and heal themselves until their daily is full.

Now... your system does not work for those reasons anyway.

But now, what happens after players have completed their dailys? How do you fix leaving of people that completed their daily? They dont care about your objectives.

How do you fix full T3 players leaving the game? They dont care about objectives, rewards, medals, valor, whatever. They will leave the BG if they dont seem to win. And they will not win, ever, cause no one will care about winning anymore.

Your solution will break PvP forever.

OP I liked your post because it was thoughtful and had some interesting ideas about rewarding objective play, but disagree with your logic and conclusions.

The only thing that will make people try to win, is rewarding them for wins! If there is a deserter debuff, then they may farm medals in a hopeless game, but they will always play to win first because in a win they get medals AND their daily/weekly. With no deserter debuff they just come and go trying to get on a "winning" team. With a deserter debuff, the most time efficient way to get dailies + valor is to play to win because otherwise you're locked out for 10-15 min. There is little incentive to AFK because if your 8 man team is a person down, you probably won't win, and you also won't get medals while AFK, so it almost completely removes the incentive to AFK.

Putting a heavier emphasis on objective play for medals is very game-able. If it's capping nodes, stealth has a huge advantage, if it's scoring tanks/speed classes do, etc etc. I think that there could maybe be one or two additional medal classes for some of these things, but that by itself isn't going to make people try to win, you need to have something to make them not leave once they queue. If anything, if you only reward people for objective play, then it is more of an incentive to AFK since in a massacre you won't be able to get any objective points anyway, so you might as well /afk or /leave.

BTW -- your arguments about why WoW deserter debuff can't be applied here are just ad hominem attacks on WoW. Fact is, deserter stopped the rampant /leave problem, and it could do the same here, WoW's odd taste for furry asian bears notwithstanding.

This is why there needs to be punishment, you feel self entitled to leave a group because you think your standards are better than others.

No excuses, you need a deserter buff.

Nice threat, and trust me we won't miss your leaving selfish self.

Remember your a quitter, why should it matter anyways if you don't play Warzones?

Catch my drift?.. :rolleyes:

I tell you what the problem really is,

You and the leavers!

Being a debbie downer don't get nowhere in life.

Bottom line is QQ people need a deserter buff, no excuses. You can rant and rave all you want how a game is losed, or someone is at your door, or your stuck in middle of a dinner.

No excuses.

Punish leavers and let them sit with a buff and think about the next time they Q and leave a game.

Put them in timeout like a bad child that don't know no better but to be bad and selfish.

Add some rules and tough love.

But this is entirely the mentality that won't work.

I've quit 3 times in total out of hundreds and hundreds of WZs, I want to win, I don't like people leaving but I don't think they should be PUNISHED for it. It's a computer game. Perspective!

My way eliminates their REASON for quitting.

I often get glitched out/ booted from my server despite having pretty strong connection. A debuff would hurt ME and I'm not a 'quitter'.

It's just bad, bad news and a debuff would mean ALL kinds of extra problems and ALL kinds of add-ons to counter the debuff screwing over 'innocents'.

Simply remove peoples' incentive to quit and give them incentive to stay beyond the W/L (Which usually doesn't even count!).

Honestly I will probably stop WZing if they put a debuff on me for leaving.

Good riddance, from the sound of your post you are an incredibly selfish and self-entitled person without much of a competitive spirit.

I admit a debuff will hurt people with connection issues, but that just can't be helped. On balance, I think their PvP lives will be improved by having full lenght games where people actually try, even if they occassionally get locked out for 10 min due to a hiccup in their connection.

No it doesnt. I told you why, and you didnt have any arguments against it.

So you probably already know you are wrong.

Here again, just for you:

- What happens after players have completed their dailys? How do you fix leaving of people that completed their daily? They dont care about your objectives.

- How do you fix full T3 players leaving the game? They dont care about objectives, rewards, medals, valor, whatever. They will leave the BG if they dont seem to win.

Edited by skyflash

OP I liked your post because it was thoughtful and had some interesting ideas about rewarding objective play, but disagree with your logic and conclusions.

The only thing that will make people try to win, is rewarding them for wins! If there is a deserter debuff, then they may farm medals in a hopeless game, but they will always play to win first because in a win they get medals AND their daily/weekly. With no deserter debuff they just come and go trying to get on a "winning" team. With a deserter debuff, the most time efficient way to get dailies + valor is to play to win because otherwise you're locked out for 10-15 min. There is little incentive to AFK because if your 8 man team is a person down, you probably won't win, and you also won't get medals while AFK, so it almost completely removes the incentive to AFK.

Putting a heavier emphasis on objective play for medals is very game-able. If it's capping nodes, stealth has a huge advantage, if it's scoring tanks/speed classes do, etc etc. I think that there could maybe be one or two additional medal classes for some of these things, but that by itself isn't going to make people try to win, you need to have something to make them not leave once they queue. If anything, if you only reward people for objective play, then it is more of an incentive to AFK since in a massacre you won't be able to get any objective points anyway, so you might as well /afk or /leave.

BTW -- your arguments about why WoW deserter debuff can't be applied here are just ad hominem attacks on WoW. Fact is, deserter stopped the rampant /leave problem, and it could do the same here, WoW's odd taste for furry asian bears notwithstanding.

W/ WoW, people USED to have to put a lot of time into their chars, etc. They also had a very strong clientel base and not amazing amounts of competition for big stretches. Their market share was huge. They could dictate the terms.

Now? SWTOR doesn't have that, not even WoW does barely. Games like GW2 are coming which look AYMAY-Z-ZING ... it may turn out bad but BW's concern is the excitement people have for things like GW2, not if it turns out good or bad.

I'm not suggesting remove the rewards entirely for the WIN compared to the LOSS but they need reducing a LOT and the Dailies shouldn't be based on them.

I could have been the best player in half a dozen matches, constantly playing for the objective but my teams lose everytime. It's black and white, I just lose.

Winning/ Losing is currently worthless in this game because 99% of the time it's one pre-made roflstomping pugs. I don't even bother running solo now because it takes an insane amount of time normally to get into a team who know what they're doing and pre-mades generally won't quit out on you like randoms will.

I don't like people quitting but if we're going to lose then no one is getting rewarded and I'm probably stupid for staying because it's currently a waste of time, gaming etiquette aside.

If you encourage people to play for the objective then in-turn they're playing for the win as a necessary by-product of it. It'll create a more competitive atmosphere too.

When they introduce ranked matches, the current way? It'll be a joke. Most people just farm medals if they stay because that's how the game is currently rewarding them. I don't care if the other guy is protecting me when I have the ball because he wants to win or if the game is rewarding him for doing so. I care that he's protecting me, period.

I've quit 3 times in total out of hundreds and hundreds of WZs, I want to win, I don't like people leaving but I don't think they should be PUNISHED for it. It's a computer game. Perspective!

I often get glitched out/ booted from my server despite having pretty strong connection. A debuff would hurt ME and I'm not a 'quitter'.

It's just bad, bad news and a debuff would mean ALL kinds of extra problems and ALL kinds of add-ons to counter the debuff screwing over 'innocents'.

Simply remove peoples' incentive to quit and give them incentive to stay beyond the W/L (Which usually doesn't even count!).

I want harsh rules atm, it's the only way. I applaud your honesty and your wiliness to try to conjur a better solution. I am on your side.

But bottom line is OP people are selfish and will try to bend the rules as far as they can. Soon as rules are implied then it will be something else like them threatening to quit, to trolling the forums.

Warcraft deserter buffs work, people leave alot less due to it and people understand the rules.

League of Legends will ban you for 24 hours if you leave a bunch, I have seen people reported and some accounts geting in big trouble. I would love to see them kinda rules here, even a report someone afk, to harassment.

I would like a firm 10 minute buff to a leaver, period. It's fair.

A disconnect during a game is one thing, and trust me when I say people will unplug their computer to leave a game to loop hole a deserter buff. Funny huh.

Listen up, ranked matches are coming soon to SWTOR. Do we honesty want ranked matches to be dictated by QQ leavers and people that want perfection?

No we don't.

Rules need implemented asap.

Edited by Caeliux

But now, what happens after players have completed their dailys? How do you fix leaving of people that completed their daily? They dont care about your objectives.

How do you fix full T3 players leaving the game? They dont care about objectives, rewards, medals, valor, whatever. They will leave the BG if they dont seem to win. And they will not win, ever, cause no one will care about winning anymore.

Your solution will break PvP forever.

People urrently don't care about objectives on the whole. Most people just want to do their Daily and log out.

For full T3 players ... I think the worst thing this game did was to make it so easy to level and get gear. If anything, the way they've made it so easy to gain these things is what will kill the game in a couple of months tops anyways.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. If you play a game you should be serious about it.

Im pretty sure everyone asking for a penalty is aware that occasionally they will disconect/crash/whatever and have to sit through it.

Thats why the penalty should not be longer than a warzone match at most (probably shorter).

I am willing to eat the occasional penalty due to technical difficulty if it stops people who think its okay to quit 5 warzones in 5 minutes.

Winning badly is not as important as losing well. The ultimate reason to play is to improve your skills at playing, and winning or losing, the opportunity for that is the same.

Im not saying the medal system couldnt be improved, that the way objectives and rewards are calculated couldnt be modified, these are all fine ideas, but they are fine ideas after the fact that there should still be a system that punishes people for quitting.

When you join a warzone you are making a commitment to the 7 other people who will be randomly assigned to you. You are casting your lot in with theirs, all together.

Sometimes you have to quit, as you said its just a game and obviously if you are dead you can no longer continue to play it. So sometimes your physical self/existence must take priority.

And other times some technical issue will force you to quit.

Quitting simply for the purpose of self gain however should be actively discouraged

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. If you play a game you should be serious about it.

Im pretty sure everyone asking for a penalty is aware that occasionally they will disconect/crash/whatever and have to sit through it.

Thats why the penalty should not be longer than a warzone match at most (probably shorter).

I am willing to eat the occasional penalty due to technical difficulty if it stops people who think its okay to quit 5 warzones in 5 minutes.

Winning badly is not as important as losing well. The ultimate reason to play is to improve your skills at playing, and winning or losing, the opportunity for that is the same.

Im not saying the medal system couldnt be improved, that the way objectives and rewards are calculated couldnt be modified, these are all fine ideas, but they are fine ideas after the fact that there should still be a system that punishes people for quitting.

When you join a warzone you are making a commitment to the 7 other people who will be randomly assigned to you. You are casting your lot in with theirs, all together.

Sometimes you have to quit, as you said its just a game and obviously if you are dead you can no longer continue to play it. So sometimes your physical self/existence must take priority.

And other times some technical issue will force you to quit.

Quitting simply for the purpose of self gain however should be actively discouraged

Well said atm +1

People currently don't care about objectives on the whole. Most people just want to do their Daily and log out.

You are damn right.

And thats why stopping them from leaving the BG is the only way to FORCE them to play to win. As long as they CAN switch BGs to a winning BG, they will do that, no matter which rewards you give them. Even if you reward for objectives, they will STILL leave BGs to find one where it is much easier to get their objectives.

On my server, players are leaving the BG every time they dont have a premade group on their side. This will continue, unless Bioware stops them from doing it.

Your solution will not do that and jumping BGs will be even worse soon.

Your solution is good for fixing other problems, but useless for the leaver problem.

We still need a leaver debuff and dailys that require winning.

We could give out a second bag for a daily that requires objectives... but we just can not take out the current win daily, thats not possible.

Edited by skyflash

I want harsh rules atm, it's the only way. I applaud your honesty and your wiliness to try to conjur a better solution. I am on your side.

But bottom line is OP people are selfish and will try to bend the rules as far as they can. Soon as rules are implied then it will be something else like them threatening to quit, to trolling the forums.

Warcraft deserter buffs work, people leave alot less due to it and people understand the rules.

League of Legends will ban you for 24 hours if you leave a bunch, I have seen people reported and some accounts geting in big trouble. I would love to see them kinda rules here, even a report someone afk, to harassment.

I would like a firm 10 minute buff to a leaver, period. It's fair.

A disconnect during a game is one thing, and trust me when I say people will unplug their computer to leave a game to loop hole a deserter buff. Funny huh.

Listen up, ranked matches are coming soon to SWTOR. Do we honesty want ranked matches to be dictated by QQ leavers and people that want perfection?

No we don't.

Rules need implemented asap.

All in all, though ... I can't really see a silver lining for this MMO. I respect your right to disagree and the constructive manner in which you have but this issue is the tip of the ice-berg for this game.

I think they've just made it far too easy for people to cap their char, hoping everyone would play alts. Admittedly I did get my nerd swagger on full tilt and capped in 6 days, but IMO ... it should take weeks and months to cap a char. To gear them even longer.

I think one of the issues relating to this is that people have hit L50 so fast and realised there's not much to do. There's not in many MMOs aside from gear/rep grinds, etc. but this game is unbelievably easy hit L50 in.

Well that and the faction imbalance :p

I think w/ regards to the PvP side any real changes are going to come too little, too late unfortunately. It's a shame because think this game had a LOT of potential and I love the SWs genre in general.

But see, i genuinely enjoy going into a warzone and trying to put a bomb on a door.

Their endgame is all pretty much horrible, the 'nothing to do' can turn into 'do whatever you want' pretty easily. I consider this games only real endgame being said door bombing/guarding. So 'endgame' is attempting to master that.

Its my fear that they will somehow screw that up while attempting to implement some ill-fated endgame content upgrade/revamp.

This game is great if you like standing on top of a turret control and /clubdance. I suggest they just try to play to that niche because if they try and fix their broken game by implementing a few more operations that nobody really wants to do its just going to end up like how WAR did.

I think w/ regards to the PvP side any real changes are going to come too little, too late unfortunately. It's a shame because think this game had a LOT of potential and I love the SWs genre in general.

Game is still very young and not all the level 50's are bored. I have plenty of guild mates making another toon, to helping guild mates and more. Once more Warzones come, ranked matches, more open world PvP, more content ect, then the game will have more to do. Until then it's Illum, level 50 Warzone's, dailies, or rerolling another toon.

People do rush 50, then are like what now. I can't though understand the lack of teamwork, to the selflessness. Bottom line is attitude is why you see these leavers.

I can't for the life of me not argue to the fact people feel entitled to leave a game on their own accord. Something has to give one way or another.

Guess we will see. ;)

... is all the rage to post about recently in the forums.

- Give them debuffs of 15/30 mins, or even 2 hours!

- They're scum.

- They're low lives and must be hideously morally bankrupt human beings in RL, too!

Are the common whails of the fresh-air deprived masses.

I'm Rank 61 Valor and barring the occassional kill on Ilum whilst having a bombastic time collecting munitions, all the Valor has come from WZs. 61 Ranks and I've probably quit 3 times in total ... I know! String me up like the parasite I am! I don't belong to such an elite community ... blah ... Mug Blood! EWWWW!

Generally-speaking, I enjoy the game. I realise that the PvP is very limited, it's not polished and it seems more like a Beta, but overall it's OK if you're in the mood for it.

Do I like to win? I LOVE to win. Om NOM! Competivite and always have been ... Does it frustrate me when people leave and it handicaps the team. YES!

But what frustrates me MORE?

- When people don't bother to leave, but stay to ignore the objective, farm medals and we still lose ... or even worse, we win and they get the same rewards as I do for doing NOTHING!

What people don't realise is;

- The game not ONLY doesn't punish people for leaving ----> it actually REWARDS them for doing so, currently.

Why is this?

- Because the way the reward system works in terms of DAILIES/ WEEKLIES ---> conditions people into just being around for the WIN and avoiding a LOSS because it WASTES TIME.

How many times have you been on a FULL-TEAM and still lost because people are just ignoring the objective? Pre-mades are almost a pre-requisite to getting the Wins fast. It's currently folly to run solo on most servers.

THAT for me is more frustrating than people quitting. When I've got the ball and only one person is helping to protect me, the rest are off slaying someone the other side of the map.

Generally, I've found the standard of players in WZs to be severly lacking and punishing them isn't going to improve this.

Debuffs are not going to solve;

- AFKing (introduce a vote2kick and it'll get abused ... why even put it to chance?)

- People not playing the objective

- People will connectivity issues

- Servers with already small populations

- Game glitches

- It'll punish many people unintentionally, who haven't 'quit'.

How am I going to win MORE, aside from rolling in pre-mades?

- If people learn/ are rewarded for playing for the objective.

I want people to be conditioned into that mentality. Punishing them is not going to do so. They'll just spend less time in the game and still not play for the objective. Or they'll AFK, same difference.

Do we NEED to punish people? NO!

Can we get rid of AFKers AND reduce quitting astronomically without punishment? YES!

So why would may you still want to punish people?? Perhaps you need to get off your computer and take your fragile-pixel ego for a walk around the block.

FACT: Everyone can come out of this a 'winner' without arbritrary punitive measures.

SOLUTION;

- Change the conditions for the Daily/Weekly rewards so they aren't W/L mandatory.

- Change medals so that they HEAVILY reward objective play, not solo farming.

That's it ... ? Pretty much!

BUT PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY FOR THE WIN ANYWAYS!

- Yawn.

- 99% of 'WINS' are cheap in this game. I don't consider rolling over a team 6-0 in Huttball competitive - their team either doesn't know what they're doing or cba to play properly. How is THAT a 'WIN'?

- I've had maybe 20 matches tops out of hundred and hundreds where it's been even remotely close and that was before I started rolling with pre-mades.

IMO, some of my most memorable games I've LOST! The 'WIN' is not as important to me as feeling I've bust my ***, done well, served my team and had ... wait for it ... FUN!

So how does this benefit ME/ YOU?

- LESS people quit the game.

- MORE people know how to play so it reduces the advantage of pre-mades significantly.

- LESS people play selfishly by farming for medals.

- I get REWARDED for doing what I've been doing all along!

- It stops me seeing (some) of the QQing so many brats are doing about wanting debuffs.

- I'm not going to get penalised when I get trapped in spawn/ randomly kicked from server.

- It brings a new competitive edge to the game and a 'WIN' may actually mean something for a change!

I want to see;

- Who scored in Huttball/ had the most assists

- Who put the most damage on their ball-carrier/ healing on ours

- Who planted the bomb/ captured the node

- Etc ...

But WOW had a DEBUFF and it worked perfectly fine!

- WoW is also trying to encourage people to stop leaving in their droves by embracing the casual community sycophantically and throwing Pandas out there ... Next?

- But Pandara was in the lore from WoW 3! - Sorry, my geekiness extends to Raymond E. Feist, Star Wars bedsheets and occassionally using the word 'LOL' in mid-sentence when I speak. Next?

CONCLUSION

- NO need to punish people

- Reward them for OBJECTIVE play and not for simply being there = Why bother to AFK/ Quit? = No need for a debuff anyway.

- It's all around better and doesn't damage the game but improves it.

- Both 'hardcores' AND 'casuals' win, no one loses.

- It doesn't divide the community even further.

- Name-calling like 'scumbag', 'low-life', etc. won't make people stay in games.

- The game becomes more competitive because it encourages people to learn how to play WZs and most importantly ...

EVERYONE has more FUN = LESS QQing on the forums.

Go cry to your mom. Tell her how angry you are over a video game.

Really though....pathetisad....u

tl;dr

but

the problem is the pvp system in this game is just not as fun as people are used to from other games (i am not a fanboy but yes, WoW is a good example). The only reason a lot of people put up with it is because the grind is necessary to get geared up.

I am competetive as well, so yes I do enjoy myself enough to keep going at it but I just cannot deny it could be so much more fun. So I sympathize with the quitters, I totally get them and they have a right to utilize the very limited lifetime they possess as they see fit.

Edited by mufutiz