Some player's behaviour

FezzoBlade

Hello everyone,

This is just a little discussion I wanted to start up about players you've encountered.

You can see this thread as a "Stupid/Funny/Childish/Hatefull/Etc People" that you encountered either in this mmo or any other. Because sometimes I find the diversity in people amazing (and that isn't really a positive thing sometimes)

I would like to start this little thread with a story about a fellow I encountered today.

It was in Black Talon normal mode, me (Operative lvl 11) and two other guys/gals ( Mercenary lvl 11 and a Sniper lvl 12) where coasting trough BT without a problem, everyone had a legagy name so tactics where not needed. It was mostly a just zerg everything and no chitchat run.

So we down the last boss and this sniper rifle dropped, I wasn't really paying much attention and I was like; Damn nice stats! Ima need!. But a few seconds after the roll I realised I can't even use sniperrifles. So I apologised to the sniper for rolling aswell. Of course as luck would have it I won the roll.... I apologised again underlining that I didn't do it on purpose., but he didn't really reply. He just stood there doing nothing.

So I went on to the last quest guy to finish the fp; at this moment he removed me from the group forcing me out of the fp. This caused me to in a sense do BT for nothing as I couldn't finish the quest.... So I asked him why he was doing this; and he simply said: "You shouldn't have needed on that item". Bam and he went offline.

So for accidenlty taking an item he wanted he removed me from the group, voiding my quest progress in BT. Simply put he made me 'lose' 15-20 minutes of the time I put into the quest.

Was He right? In my opinion he was being childishly vindictive, and this has got to be one of the most hatefull (non-verbal) reactions I've had for making a mistake.

So now I'm wondering, how many of you had similar stories? Or to brighten my mood; who has encountered very nice people who restored your faith in humanity? :D

tl;dr Someone was acting childish. What kind of people have you encountered in your travels?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it's childish to do what he did, but it's also childish to be amazed that people like this exist on the internet. you were pugging, and this is a risk you take when pugging.

i have derped on drops before, selecting need when i clearly didn't need to, but i was with my guild. on coms i shouted, "OMG I SCREWED UP!" and everyone laughed, even the guy whose loot i stole.

the moral of the story is: join a guild of your peers, and never worry about this again.

edit: this also reminds me that there should be a way to cancel your loot selection. if by some chance you realize you selected need in error, and there is still time to cancel it, one should be allowed to do so.

Edited by Darth_Gao_Gao

First, I'm pretty sure this will be locked, as it's more about players than it is specifically about SWTOR.

For your story, yeah, the guy was being a pr***, but you'll probably be sure before you ever roll on something you can't use in the future, right? Lesson Learned? perhaps.

I just hate the quest-clicky (not a big deal) and the chest ninjas (bigger deal). I only group up with a real life friend, so weren't not a******s to each other.

Did he over react? Possibly... but then look at it from his side... how many times has someone rolled need on him when they couldn't use the item?

You stated "All had legacy names" so while his behavior might have been rude, you rolling on something without being sure you could use it is just as bad.

As far as time wasted, he wasted just as much time as you did so that is a wash. You didn't get to finish the FP and he didnt get a loot upgrade.

I gotta agree with him

If your know your class and game that well and your already at BT, you know if you can use a sniper rifle or not and should have checked before rolling.

When Im not sure i normally hit pass myself.

If I miss out on a item, so be it.

Me missing out is far more acceptable then someone NEEDING a item they most likely rolling on for a companion (which doesnt fly with me unless item cant be used at all by present classes).

Its good you appoligized but doesnt change fact is you felt it was ok to NEED something you didnt even know if you could use.

BAD FORM

Personally I wouldnt have kicked you on first offence but ever do it again and I drop and put you on ignore for ninja looting.

Did that other day. I was doing Republics most wanted when someone asked to join. Restarted instance and added him. Another asked to join in as well, first drop perfect for knight there and the smuggler rolls NEED. I arch Eyebrow and say "please only roll on what your character can use". Next drop a Autocannon for my trooper and sure enough smuggler boy rolls Need again. He waits for everyone else to roll and then hits need.

Said "Loot hogging is just doesnt sit well with me, Dropped from group. Second later other member sends me a invite as he dropped as well.

We do RMW just fine 2 of us with no issue

30 minutes later I see over Coruscant chat a new group of people yelling at guy I had dropped from for ninja looting hogging again.

Point of story, when someone hits NEED, its most likely intentional on their part as most players know to hit greed when not sure, or even pass. NEED should only be used when your 110% sure its for your character (not companion) and you can use it.

Clearly the group you were in had ran into this problem before so they didnt give you benefit of doubt.

Still completely avoidable if you dont use the NEED button unless you KNOW you NEED something.

Thats how I see it anyways.

OP apologized.

Mistakes happen.

The better man recognizes that and, even though annoyed, moves on. The agent in question became childish and vindictive. Honestly? Not getting the sniper rifle when being such a jerk? Karma. Pre-emptive karma attack :)

ya that guys should just get over it. **** happens. It has happened to me with a blaster and and i just shrugged.

I was in a high level area and i needed to kill an epic to get the last farm item. But i got killed when i tried so i was trying to find people in chat to help. This guy comes up and starts to attack it he was much higher lvl so he didnt need much help. i came in and started attacking also, we killed the epic guy and i let him loot first. Then he swore up a storm quoted" wow dude ***? do it your self next time" etc... i just lol'ed and replied with "dude chill..." lol

I have played alot of mmo's but a majority of the people i have come across in SWTOR have been totaly ***'s....... also made some good friends to...

I've met many a person such as this. People will act very childish online, and this is coming from a 15 yr old. It's a sad world where I'm the one being an adult online. Of course theres many people who are mature online, you seem like it. If you didn't say anything about taking the item you can kind of understand, but it would still be an overreaction. But you tried to say sorry and he still got upsets. Besides, it's at lvl 11, it's not like he wouldnt find a better weapon as soon as he dropped off on dromund kaas.

Meh, there's two sides to it.

I wouldn't have necessarily believed you did it accidentally, and I might not choose to continue the run with you.

Or I might have and kept going. Depends on how I feel about humanity at the time.

See, as jaded as I can be about the general population on these games, I always always give the benefit of the doubt to somebody who immediately apologizes after doing something like this. As annoying as loot-ninjas are, I think they're in the minority, and there's just no reason to automatically assume that any slight is intentional and should be punished.

Clearly the group you were in had ran into this problem before so they didnt give you benefit of doubt.

You make a great assumption there. Some people have had bad experiences others are simply jerks. Odds are 50/50 up until the point where an apology is ignored. And waiting for the OP to actually walk all the way back before dropping him (meaning he kept him on the team for the holodiscussion and the flight back) does imply pure vindictiveness.

Oh and hi Kalfear. Just noticed I am replying to someone from my forum friendlist :)

You make a great assumption there. Some people have had bad experiences others are simply jerks. Odds are 50/50 up until the point where an apology is ignored. And waiting for the OP to actually walk all the way back before dropping him (meaning he kept him on the team for the holodiscussion and the flight back) does imply pure vindictiveness.

Oh and hi Kalfear. Just noticed I am replying to someone from my forum friendlist :)

LOL :)

assumption yes but I just dont see people acting that sever from the get go (least Id hope not)

Was crossing over the canvases across that weird sunken path on Taris and missed the jump onto one of the corner ties and slipped through to the ground level below. Female Trooper character was right in the middle of a fight with a bunch of Rakghouls or Pirates or whatever and not wanting to jumping into her melee I scooted past and went on my merry way and thought nothing more about it.

Until about three minutes later when this same toon start following me around and spamming me in General, going "COWARD!!!" I whisper back, "???" and she replies in general, "U R A BIG BABY COWARD WHO CANNAT FIGHT UR OWN BATTLES!!"

I whisper her that I simply dropped in on her melee by accident and didn't want to steal her kills, and she starts going off about how "NOONE CAN STEEL {HER} KILLS IF THEY ARE A BABAY COWARD AND CANAT FIGHT 4 THEMSELFS BABAY WANT A BOTTLE CUZ I AM GOING 2 MAKE U HAEV NO KILLZ U CAAAT EVEN FIGHT WITHOUT A SOMEONE ELSE A ROUND 2 FIGHT 4 U AND U R A COWARD BABY DRINK UR BOTTLE BECASE I AM PULING EVERYTHING A ROUND ON U AND IF U CANT TAKE IT 2 BAD BECASE U R A COWARD!!!" And etc.

I told her to take her Ritalin, ask her Mommy to make her a sandwich, and calm down before bedy-bye time. And then put her on /Ignore

Anyone else deal with this nut job?

yeah, the other guy was over-reacting. I've accidently pressed "need" instead of "greed." sometimes the mouse slips for whatever reason and it happens - no biggie especially when you're running with your guiild and it's a good guild. No need to stress out. You have pieces of human garbage everywhere. And let's be honest, it will drop again - it's not like that's the ONLY time it will drop. Edited by DarthSublimitas