Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

yes post it.

Also please dont post the one where in the same post they state that they will not increase it over absolute maximum

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=74519

We've also being doing our best to get every little bit of possible performance on our servers to increase capacity: we’ve “turned them up to 11” to do our very best to get you in and playing as quickly as possible. As a result - you should now be seeing significant improvement versus waiting times at the end of last week.

Again, go back to your bridge, trolls aren't welcome here. If you're not happy, don't play.

Edited by Abiza

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=74519

Again, go back to your bridge, trolls aren't welcome here. If you're not happy, don't play.

Your first link says nothing to answer the question so not sure why you posted it.

Your quote from them shows that they will say anything. They doubled the servers even though they said they wouldnt and added more servers instead.

Your first link says nothing to answer the question so not sure why you posted it.

Your quote from them shows that they will say anything. They doubled the servers even though they said they wouldnt and added more servers instead.

Wow....You're hopeless.

Buh-bye now.

You should know I dont want the game to fail but can see that the way they are doing things(and not) that it is failing.

If you are driving with someone that is driving reckless and not paying attention do you just sit there and wait for an accident and just tell him hes doing fine and he will get the hang of it sometime SOON or do you tell him to stop because hes going to get you killed.

2 more days. :(

actually - you've just come to your own conclusions about some data that you are interpreting wrong.

torstats, mmojunkies etc. don't pull direct population numbers. They are a server-status tracker. That means back when server maximums on some servers were increased, there server-status tracker would have tracked down since the requirements for light/med/heavy etc. were proportionally adjusted.

That by no means is proof server population is increasing or stable, but using those sites as your proof for population drop is misguided and makes you look like you don't understand details of the information you're looking at(or read information on those websites).

The average online population in the fleet on my server dropped over 30% in the last 3 weeks.

Quite a few people who reached 50, some even on a 2nd character, are not resubscribing for March.

Besides, with the complete release of information and footage from Guild Wars 2 yesterday which completely DESTROYS SWTOR in almost everything except maybe story, and even then GW2 seems to be doing quite well there too, and for NO SUBSCRIPTION.

Except SW fans, I can't see who is going to continue paying 15$/month for almost nothing to do, not in 2012. WoW got away with it because it was first of the new gen, but SWTOR is the last of that gen.

Did you ever consider that many of us have no interest in playing GW2? Star Wars fans, or not. It doesn't appeal to me, nor to anyone I currently play with.

To say it 'destroys' TOR in almost every way is a pretty uneducated statement. I take it you've max levelled every char and completed all the end game content for the next few years already then.

You have no basis for comparison apart from what you watch on YouTube and read on forums. You and a few others (and yes its just "a few" not the majority) are leaving, shame, we will really, really miss you. Go have fun on GW2, you wont last 3 months there either. Bandwagon jumpers are all the same. Play from release, complain, kick up a fuss on forums and quit leaving a self proclaimed 'bang'.

buhbye :)

The dead chicken whose entrails I checked tell me the game is growing. Nuff said.

Game isn't really growing but those charts do show that the game is not bleeding as fast as some people on these forums would like you to believe...

1a) Wow has over 10x the sub base and in theory they should have 10x the number of players online. According to those charts they don't

2) 34 different flashpoints,warzones and planets per faction with populations divided between them all can give number crunchers a false impression.

3) One faction is more populated then the other (just like in any other faction based game) creating yet another false inpression

4) There are not 10.3 million players playing Wow at once whyis there an expectation that there needs to be 1-1.7 million people playing Swtor at once?

Did you ever consider that many of us have no interest in playing GW2? Star Wars fans, or not. It doesn't appeal to me, nor to anyone I currently play with.

To say it 'destroys' TOR in almost every way is a pretty uneducated statement. I take it you've max levelled every char and completed all the end game content for the next few years already then.

You have no basis for comparison apart from what you watch on YouTube and read on forums. You and a few others (and yes its just "a few" not the majority) are leaving, shame, we will really, really miss you. Go have fun on GW2, you wont last 3 months there either. Bandwagon jumpers are all the same. Play from release, complain, kick up a fuss on forums and quit leaving a self proclaimed 'bang'.

buhbye :)

And are Star Wars fans going to stick with this? Did they stick with SWG after the CU and then the NGE? No they didn't you know why? Most of those Star Wars fans are also gamers as well and they enjoy a good MMO. And everything is showing that GW2 is going to murder TOR.

This game will be lucky if it even go's F2P.

And are Star Wars fans going to stick with this? Did they stick with SWG after the CU and then the NGE? No they didn't you know why? Most of those Star Wars fans are also gamers as well and they enjoy a good MMO. And everything is showing that GW2 is going to murder TOR.

This game will be lucky if it even go's F2P.

lololololololol

Pretty sure I could find that same exact quote but in context to every single mmo that's been released for the last 6 years. You funny.

actually - you've just come to your own conclusions about some data that you are interpreting wrong.

torstats, mmojunkies etc. don't pull direct population numbers. They are a server-status tracker. That means back when server maximums on some servers were increased, there server-status tracker would have tracked down since the requirements for light/med/heavy etc. were proportionally adjusted.

That by no means is proof server population is increasing or stable, but using those sites as your proof for population drop is misguided and makes you look like you don't understand details of the information you're looking at(or read information on those websites).

Using those site and all the threads about no one is on so and so server and all the merge servers now please and the we need a LFG now threadsall add up to one thing.

You would think that someone at Bioware would have realized that most of the subs would come in the first week of launch and that there would be no reason to double the server capacities and also add 40 or so servers at the same time.

And yes I understand that those sites are not 100% accurate and when changes are made to the servers that those sites cannot see that and would show it as a large frop or gain dependeing on rasiing or lowering server caps.

Just dont really know why Bioware is adjusting the server caps every day.

lololololololol

Pretty sure I could find that same exact quote but in context to every single mmo that's been released for the last 6 years. You funny.

I am pretty sure if you look at the warhammer forums you would also see all the fanboiz of that game saying that it wasnt dying either and all the information that players used to show it was dying was also misleading and inaccurate.

Just remember when everyone one leaves and your the only one left you can say that the game is doing great and no one is going to disagree with you.

I am pretty sure if you look at the warhammer forums you would also see all the fanboiz of that game saying that it wasnt dying either and all the information that players used to show it was dying was also misleading and inaccurate.

Just remember when everyone one leaves and your the only one left you can say that the game is doing great and no one is going to disagree with you.

I remember that was the case with Age of Conan. Tons of players on the forums claimed AoC wasn't losing people but rather it was growing. Three months after the game came out? Everything started to look like a ghost town. Six months after that? Everything was a ghost town. And that's whats happening with TOR.

My only question is when will you leave? Because I can't wait.

And everything is showing that GW2 is going to murder TOR.

That statement holds as much value as me stating my opinion that GW2 will be an average game with an average player base. Love it how you guys can somehow predict the future of this game when there is little to no evidence to back either side of the argument.

Don't get me wrong, GW2 might be good. It's just not for me. I have no interest in it at all though.

I can point out one thing mistake that a lot of you made before coming to TOR though which you are still making now - too much hype... you're building up an MMO, inside yourself to a point where you will be dissapointed upon release.

GW2 will not be perfect, no MMO is. If you we're dissatisfied with the issues on TOR release then you have a very stressful road ahead because this was a very smooth launch.

Honestly the sooner you and your little lynch party leave the better.... Not better for other games though as you will rinse and repeat your negative crap on their forums too.

People love to use this site to bash TOR so guess it is fair game to use it: http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Take note of the Population change column. Significantly more +x.xx than -x.xx

This cannot be taken serious, they messure the players with the "heavy" "light" "standar" and that stuff, and SWTOR webside gives it true. But the "very heavy" point on the begining was at a low cap as there were huge queues to join, they fixed it and allowed more players to play on servers, so then they changed from "very heavy" to "standar" with even more players playing (as there were no queues).

This cannot be taken serious, they messure the players with the "heavy" "light" "standar" and that stuff, and SWTOR webside gives it true. But the "very heavy" point on the begining was at a low cap as there were huge queues to join, they fixed it and allowed more players to play on servers, so then they changed from "very heavy" to "standar" with even more players playing (as there were no queues).

These sites are used to damn the game why can't these same sites be used to support it.

O thats right because it isn't a negative comment