Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

Well so I'll double it to 2 millions and had that in a month Lucas in person will execute EA board of directors in a mexican stand-off style shoot out!

I dare you !

Its amazing how people use those graphs to put a bullet in the game but don't say a darn thing when those same graphs show that the game is not doing as bad as they claim.

Those numbers are for concurrent logins (players at one time) when you compare that to Wow is about a THIRD

Here is a chart

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/backend/applications_addon/other/statistics/graphs/wow/hourly/overall-normal.png

Here is the page ..compare the two

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

These numbers are CURRENT, as in RIGHT NOW

Edited by WhiskyJax

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops this is the population change index numbers sort descending Change (week before) you will see a greater value in population loss than growth and this repeats weekly.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

BW doesn't give them anything to plug into (proprietary thanks to EA) so their numbers won't be real. At least not until BW let's them in. And if they're going off the server status info, those thresholds change constantly. It's a moving target. Edited by GalacticKegger

Its amazing how people use those graphs to put a bullet in the game but don't say a darn thing when those same graphs show that the game is not doing as bad as they claim.

Those numbers are for concurrent logins (players at one time) when you compare that to Wow is about a THIRD

Here is a chart

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/backend/applications_addon/other/statistics/graphs/wow/hourly/overall-normal.png

Here is the page ..compare the two

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

These numbers are CURRENT, as in RIGHT NOW

Ya you are wasting your time trying to show them anything good or bad. I showed charts and population differences and they are just mad to see the facts. Ya SWTOR is doing great compared to rift or any other mmo but WOW sadly eats up all mmo player population. You also have to take account that they have over 500 servers with average 1k vs. tor's 200+ servers with 300 server pop hourly. They just can't see it if it hit them in the face.

PS: Thanks for the links WhiskyJax maybe the blind can read these easier

Edited by Pack-

Ya you are wasting your time trying to show them anything good or bad. I showed charts and population differences and they are just mad to see the facts. Ya SWTOR is doing great compared to rift or any other mmo but WOW sadly eats up all mmo player population. You also have to take account that they have over 500 servers with average 1k vs. tor's 200+ servers with 300 server pop hourly. They just can't see it if it hit them in the face.

Fun fact: Blind people can't read text on the internet.

Thats not 300 thats 300 000 k and a million

The point I was trying to make and have been trying to make over and over is just like all of Wows 10.3 million are all not on at once SWTOR 1-1.7 million are all not on at once and once you take that into consideration the sever pops make sense.

First of all; I have not reached lvl 50 yet. I am not a supporter of either the people who claims SW:TOR is decreasing or increasing in number, this is just me stating my experince with the population on the server I play on.

I started playing with my character on the Republic side on the European PVP server Legions of Lettow (LoL) - which is one of the most populated SW:TOR servers in EU - about a month and a half ago. I am now lvl 40, so I have been playing very casually.

In the first 2-3 weeks of my playtime I saw an average of 50-110 players on all planets in prime time (yes i visited some of the higher lvl planets aswell). There was around 130-200 on the fleet in prime time. I could easly find a group for Heroics and Flashpoints.

Then i took a break and didn't play for like a week.

When I started playing again - now around 2 weeks ago - I noticed that on Alderaan everytime i logged in there was only around 40 people on the planet, and it took a bit longer to find a group than what I was used to.

I thought to myself that maybe on the lower lvl planets there were just more people, so I tried going back, and around the same number of people as on Alderaan showed on Tython, Courescant and Nar Shadaa..

For the last 4 days I have been playing alot, and I have been checking the prime time numbers of online people on most planets and on the fleet and the numbers are as following:

On planets: 20-40 (prime time)

On Republic fleet: 80-160 (prime time)

To come to a completely objective conclusion on my personal experince it seems to me that there are fewer people logging in to the game at the same time on THIS PARTICULARLY server (LoL).

If the overall population is in fact decreasing in numbers, then I hope that they'll make fewer servers and put people over to other servers, so one will get the feeling of a massively multiplayer online experince when playing the game, because I for one personally love the game so far.

Thats not 300 thats 300 000 k and a million

The point I was trying to make and have been trying to make over and over is just like all of Wows 10.3 million are all not on at once SWTOR 1-1.7 million are all not on at once and once you take that into consideration the sever pops make sense.

To the WoW thing: I've been trying to explain that to people for so long now -.- good to see someone else who knows.

The subs might be there still, but how active are the players? How long are each person online per day?

How many are logged in are just standing in the fleet doing nothing?

3+ Other MMos coming out this year, SWToR will loose alot of subs, prob more then 50% to them, and alot will prob go back to WoW or other mmos once their friends left SWToR for those games.

Edited by SeloDaoC

First of all; I have not reached lvl 50 yet. I am not a supporter of either the people who claims SW:TOR is decreasing or increasing in number, this is just me stating my experince with the population on the server I play on.

I started playing with my character on the Republic side on the European PVP server Legions of Lettow (LoL) - which is one of the most populated SW:TOR servers in EU - about a month and a half ago. I am now lvl 40, so I have been playing very casually.

In the first 2-3 weeks of my playtime I saw an average of 50-110 players on all planets in prime time (yes i visited some of the higher lvl planets aswell). There was around 130-200 on the fleet in prime time. I could easly find a group for Heroics and Flashpoints.

Then i took a break and didn't play for like a week.

When I started playing again - now around 2 weeks ago - I noticed that on Alderaan everytime i logged in there was only around 40 people on the planet, and it took a bit longer to find a group than what I was used to.

I thought to myself that maybe on the lower lvl planets there were just more people, so I tried going back, and around the same number of people as on Alderaan showed on Tython, Courescant and Nar Shadaa..

For the last 4 days I have been playing alot, and I have been checking the prime time numbers of online people on most planets and on the fleet and the numbers are as following:

On planets: 20-40 (prime time)

On Republic fleet: 80-160 (prime time)

To come to a completely objective conclusion on my personal experince it seems to me that there are fewer people logging in to the game at the same time on THIS PARTICULARLY server (LoL).

If the overall population is in fact decreasing in numbers, then I hope that they'll make fewer servers and put people over to other servers, so one will get the feeling of a massively multiplayer online experince when playing the game, because I for one personally love the game so far.

That's about what I'm seeing and I agree. I tool love the game. It's not dying though IMO it's stabilizing then it will grow a bit.

BW doesn't give them anything to plug into (proprietary thanks to EA) so their numbers won't be real. At least not until BW let's them in. And if they're going off the server status info, those thresholds change constantly. It's a moving target.

You are right they dont. But they do show you that whatever they were recording is lower than what it was in dec and jan.

If the thresholds for the servers changed constantly then the data on that graph would be all over the place. When you look at it it actually shows a stead decline and not alot of erratic jumps.

Weekends are when most people play this game and those graphs show it every week but every week it gets a little smaller than the previous week.

Those sites are accurate enough to conclude that people are playing less than they were before. Less people are playing on mon and thurs and sun and at 1 am and at noon and at 8pm. Look at the graphs for the weekdays and they have gone down every week roughly the same.

The people that dont want to think this game is losing subs will try to discredit this site as much as they can but they really cant. It showed the game bursting with activity in the first 2 weeks, the same thing everyone saw in the game also. How many we want a server merge threads were there in DEC? Now you see them all over and the graphs actually show this also that less players are in the game.

As to the increase on some servers that is because people are rerolling onto the more populated servers. I logged onto CO (the full server on SUN) and made a new toon and there were 170 toons level 1-10 on the empire side. Some could have been people on that server the entire time but it should be safe to say most were rerolls

Edited by Emeda

Lol reaperchris, some servers have high count of various regions that some servers do not (like all games do). Ex: Swiftsure is apparently an unofficial Aussie server. But hey, you tried to tell everyone that already cause no one else knows how populations grow and diminish, right?

I wish this game to live long, but me, few friends and more then half of our guild (small guild 20+ players) stopped playing because it was simply boring. By now maybe more left..or not I haven't be there for last 15-20 days ( I payed 1st sub unfortunetly) 2 days left and logged 3 times for few minutes in last 28 days or so. Came to see one last time whats going on and thats it. I don't think this game is bad or anything, it's just burned out, MMO that wants payed sub need new ideas, real new ideas. VO is not new, or important at level 50 at all.

I had fun for around 35 days, more or less but thats it. I'm not even interested in legacy anymore because I don't wish to pay month fee again just to realize I stopped after few days. I doubt legacy will be something big and significant since this whole game didn't give anything "new and big"

good luck, I know this game will payout costs and more but I doubt it will play any big role in the future.

I wish this game to live long, but me, few friends and more then half of our guild (small guild 20+ players) stopped playing because it was simply boring. By now maybe more left..or not I haven't be there for last 15-20 days ( I payed 1st sub unfortunetly) 2 days left and logged 3 times for few minutes in last 28 days or so. Came to see one last time whats going on and thats it. I don't think this game is bad or anything, it's just burned out, MMO that wants payed sub need new ideas, real new ideas. VO is not new, or important at level 50 at all.

I had fun for around 35 days, more or less but thats it. I'm not even interested in legacy anymore because I don't wish to pay month fee again just to realize I stopped after few days. I doubt legacy will be something big and significant since this whole game didn't give anything "new and big"

good luck, I know this game will payout costs and more but I doubt it will play any big role in the future.

I agree with you.

I havent played in the last 4 days to be honest.

Unfortunately for us EU players, EU version of the server stats (http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu/stats) show significantly more servers with negative movements than positive ones. So for EU servers, torstatus suggests that server populations are declining overall.

This could be Asians and Australians preparing to leave. That's obviously pure and utter speculation, but it's possible.

You are right they dont. But they do show you that whatever they were recording is lower than what it was in dec and jan.

If the thresholds for the servers changed constantly then the data on that graph would be all over the place. When you look at it it actually shows a stead decline and not alot of erratic jumps.

Weekends are when most people play this game and those graphs show it every week but every week it gets a little smaller than the previous week.

Those sites are accurate enough to conclude that people are playing less than they were before. Less people are playing on mon and thurs and sun and at 1 am and at noon and at 8pm. Look at the graphs for the weekdays and they have gone down every week roughly the same.

The people that dont want to think this game is losing subs will try to discredit this site as much as they can but they really cant. It showed the game bursting with activity in the first 2 weeks, the same thing everyone saw in the game also. How many we want a server merge threads were there in DEC? Now you see them all over and the graphs actually show this also that less players are in the game.

As to the increase on some servers that is because people are rerolling onto the more populated servers. I logged onto CO (the full server on SUN) and made a new toon and there were 170 toons level 1-10 on the empire side. Some could have been people on that server the entire time but it should be safe to say most were rerolls

Didn't see cries for server merges in December. What you did see though were cries about login queues. So BW added servers. Now you see cries for server merges. All that nonsense did was take the dartboard those sites use for data access and spin it like a wheel. Bioware should have just stuck to their guns and trusted their plan, because it would have worked had they just followed it. Mask of Nihilus is proof of that.

Any statistics site that claims accuracy but can't or won't confirm that their source data comes right off of BW's servers is discrediting themselves. They don't need our help for that. People are going to see what they want to see and interpret numbers and plots and charts and graphs in whatever fashion suits their purposes. Presently the information published on those server population sites is "best guess" specualtive. Perfect ammunition for disguising want as fact. However fun they might be to peruse, they are still unreliable.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Didn't see cries for server merges in December. What you did see though were cries about login queues. So BW added servers. Now you see cries for server merges. If anything, that screwed the server pop sites' metrics up even more. Bioware should have just stuck their guns and trusted their plan, because it would have worked had they just followed it.

How many servers were added and when?

Any statistics site that claims accuracy but can't or won't confirm that their source data comes right off of BW's servers is discrediting themselves. They don't need our help for that. People are going to see what they want to see and interpret numbers and plots and charts and graphs in whatever fashion suits their purposes. Which is why I have no faith in those sites - their information is "best guess" specualtive. However fun they might be to peruse, they are still unreliable.

I dont think they claim that their site is 100% accurate but it takes the same data from whatever game they do and monitor it. The sites monitor the server status of light-full and give data on how they are.

If Bioware doubled the server capacities that site would show that the populations dropped in 1/2 in one day. There is no evidence of this happening. If Bioware added servers then this would have no effect on the overall population charts since they are being counted on another server instead of a different one.

Keep trying though.

How many servers were added and when?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254

I dont think they claim that their site is 100% accurate but it takes the same data from whatever game they do and monitor it. The sites monitor the server status of light-full and give data on how they are.

If Bioware doubled the server capacities that site would show that the populations dropped in 1/2 in one day. There is no evidence of this happening. If Bioware added servers then this would have no effect on the overall population charts since they are being counted on another server instead of a different one.

Keep trying though.

You're right - that site should have shown that the populations dropped. But it didn't. Their numbers never reflected all those servers being added. That's the whole point. This a perfect example of why anyone who is pointing to these sites as their proof of server populations dropping, rising or staying the same are pointing to thin air. :) Edited by GalacticKegger