Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

1.7 million players isn't MASSIVE enough for you?

Try something new, like...i don't know...being social?

OH NOES, I NEED A BUTTON TO HELP ME FIND PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH SO I CAN NINJA THEIR STUFF AND NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!

That sum up your opinion?

Chromiie, I normally don't like to feed your kind but this is an exception.

The sky is falling!

LOL this game is lucky to have 500k players right now. 1.7m ROFL

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for providing evidence together with your wild statement, otherwise we would have all thought you were talking $hit.

Oh wait...

Like you do when you defend with no evidence? You take a number given on DEC 31 and think there are 1.7m people playing this game now? ROFL You fanboys are hilarious.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

That link shows that week after week this game is falling harder than any other game.

Edited by Paralassa
rude

Like you do when you defend with no evidence? You take a number given on DEC 31 and think there are 1.7m people playing this game now? ROFL You fanboys are hilarious.

That link shows that week after week this game is falling harder than any other game.

Now what were you saying, fanboy?

I am not surprised to notice such decline. Some people might come back when the expected MMO features will be in. Might. Because apart from the story and the IP... there is little good reasons to. Having fun? yes. But there are comparative F2P games providing the same amount of fun.

I'll give this game another chance when the things in my sig will get improved, or in any case for the sequel of my class story. Until then, 15$ per month saved.

And to be fair, Bioware adjusted the server caps since then.

Indeed they have, they have pulled down the numbers so that heavy is triggered when there are smaller numbers. It's to fool the paying public into believing there are more players than there really are.

The claims she is making are false, most servers are NOT full, most are light or standard. Also, she is using the server labels as the basis for her arguments when we know that it's commonplace in MMOs for the developers to manipulate them to show populations are better than they really are.

Actually the majority were standard or heavy, being split almost evenly. When i checked last night, there were about half a dozen light and 3 very heavy.

This made me lol...the IP alone will keep it well over 1 million.

Edit:

My estimate is 2.5 - 3 million players this time next year.

Really? Because SWG barely made 300k. I wouldn't put so much faith in an IP. If the game isn't good enough, people just will not play it.

Really? Because SWG barely made 300k. I wouldn't put so much faith in an IP. If the game isn't good enough, people just will not play it.

Fine, you win. All 1 million+ of us are enjoying a game we should be hating.

/sarcasm

And about a dozen+ were Heavy. While give/take 100 were Standard.

huh? Of the 120 or so servers, about 50 were heavy and 50 were standard...didn't do an exact count of them, but you could see it was evenly split. I did count the the very heavy at 3 and the light at about 6 to 8 -- and all of these light servers were East Coast (thus passed prime time when I checked).

It's standard practice within the industry. When numbers aren't going so well, move the goalposts on the numbers which trigger the server labels. It's been happening for years.

I guess this is one of those 'common knowledge' things where you can't provide any evidence.

It doesn't even really make sense to do that, considering most people don't even look at the server list.

Also, it makes even less sense due to BW having to list out their sub numbers.

Conspiracies...

But yes yes, DOOOOM!

The game is dead. It only has 1 subscriber.

No one can possibly like this game.

blah blah blah

The game is fine population wise, and is fun.

Anything else?

;)

Fine, you win. All 1 million+ of us are enjoying a game we should be hating.

/sarcasm

There has only been one month where people have had to pay, and probably haven't actually paid yet because they are still in their free month. I wouldn't start rejoicing yet, because this game has a LONG way to go before it can be considered a success. Until you see subscription numbers in months 3-6, I would keep that champagne on ice.

huh? Of the 120 or so servers, about 50 were heavy and 50 were standard...didn't do an exact count of them, but you could see it was evenly split. I did count the the very heavy at 3 and the light at about 6 to 8 -- and all of these light servers were East Coast (thus passed prime time when I checked).

Sorry, I misread your post.

I thought you were stating most were light.

Reading comprehension fail on my part.

:o

The point is, the population is fine.

;)

There has only been one month where people have had to pay, and probably haven't actually paid yet because they are still in their free month. I wouldn't start rejoicing yet, because this game has a LONG way to go before it can be considered a success. Until you see subscription numbers in months 3-6, I would keep that champagne on ice.

EA/BW stated that 500k is profitable.

With the release of SWTOR in Asia Pacific, they will more than exceed 2-3million.

But alas, you are convinced that because you didn't enjoy the game it is doomed.

You are either very naive or so blinkered that you cannot see the wood through the trees.

You have no evidence to support your claim, none. The site you are using gets it's figures based on the server labels. Unless you can 100% guarantee that those labels have never been manipulated by the developers in terms of numbers, then the data you are attempting to use will always be questionable.

Those labels are easily manipulated by the devs. All that's required is for them to lower the numbers which trigger the label. As I've said before, this is something that has been used many many times before by other developers, it's a common trick. Call it conspiracy, but it is a fact.

Ok, I'll play.

Cite me an MMO that has done this since it is soooo common.

***, I logged on 10 mins after the servers came up and there where 10 people in the fleet, this game is dying!111oneoneone1!
lol hmm soon as server came up that means, very early. people have jobs, and a life dude ofcourse the server wont be packed soon as u log in after server just came back up. atleast think of a stronger approach to insult the game lol

EA/BW stated that 500k is profitable.

With the release of SWTOR in Asia Pacific, they will more than exceed 2-3million.

But alas, you are convinced that because you didn't enjoy the game it is doomed.

You think 500k will be acceptable to Lucas Arts? They forced SoE into the NGE when they had a couple of hundred thousand subs, during a time when 200k subs was widely accepted as successful. You think they will accept 500k in a massively expanded market?

Also, Asia Pacific isn't going to bring too many more subs. The majority of players in that region that are interested in this game are already playing.

By the way, I do enjoy the game, my account is cancelled because BioWare are clueless at Customer Service and have no idea how to run a MMO. EU maintenance times are a total joke, so my account is cancelled until maintenance comes through the night. So please, don't make assumptions about why I may or may not be subscribing to this game.

The bottom line is however, that this game has some very major problems, and thus far, BioWare haven't addressed any of them. If their patches continue the way they have so far, 500k subs is about all they will have left in a month or two, and that includes the Asia Pacific region.

Hi there!

We recently had to remove some posts in this thread. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that community members are allowed to disagree with one another. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being disruptive, simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

There is also another thread related to this topic, which you can check out here:

Server population is dropping...

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly debate!

Ahem the numbers were from 1st of February. The site you post doesn't measure players but servers level and it's actually showing an increase. What other fallacy have you concocted? I understand that you are angry because the game isn't dying as you wish, but hey, it's just another of the many disappointments in your life :)

Edited by Paralassa
response to bad quote

Actually the majority were standard or heavy, being split almost evenly. When i checked last night, there were about half a dozen light and 3 very heavy.

Back. Looks like some people missed me. :cool:

So when was this that you are talking about?

Ahem the numbers were from 1st of February. The site you post doesn't measure players but servers level and it's actually showing an increase. What other fallacy have you concocted? I understand that you are angry because the game isn't dying as you wish, but hey, it's just another of the many disappointments in your life :)

the game is dieing. one only has to log in and take a look around. why is this so hard for some people to understand?

So where does it show a increase? Please I looked and just didnt see it so please tell me where you found the increase.

Also are you talking about the intentially worded statement where he said they had 1.7 million active subs where most were resubscribing accounts. (Bioware loves using the words most and soon dont they). Most can mean in that statement 850,001 to 1,400,000. Thats a pretty large margin to cover with the word most.

I dont think anyone believed that they didnt have had at least 1 million real subs but complained how they worded it. They sure didnt have over 1.4 million subs that had teh opertunity to cancel and renewed instead. That is provable and has been proven. I think my guess back on the first was 1.2 million.