Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow sucks... it ruined the mmo industry and this game

Yes, yes it did, (but I disagree with it ruining this game as I am having a ball). But there's no reason to dis this game cause you don't like it. Just go find something else.

Edited by Mashy

People love to use this site to bash TOR so guess it is fair game to use it: http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Take note of the Population change column. Significantly more +x.xx than -x.xx

You mean the change (week before)? I see a lot of negative numbers and a few positive.

If your looking at population last week I believe that is the percentage that that server has of the overall population.

You mean the change (week before)? I see a lot of negative numbers and a few positive.

If your looking at population last week I believe that is the percentage that that server has of the overall population.

Wasn't last week Valentine's Day?

(You make me sad by not accepting my friend request. :()

Canderous Ordo is full again tonight :) Yay.

Yeah 1 full server and no very heavy YET. Must be alot of people that rerolled because I made a toon there and did a /1 /2 /3 /4 -/10 and was suprised to see that many low level toons.

Then again if you do use those charts that everyone says are not accurate you will notice that they have Sun as the most popular day to play.

Wasn't last week Valentine's Day?

(You make me sad by not accepting my friend request. :()

Its one day and its not a day long thing.

If you want to see what a real holiday does then look at that no good site and see what happened on christmas where the pop dropped big that one day and then the next day went back up. That is what a real holiday does to the servers.

Its one day and its not a day long thing.

If you want to see what a real holiday does then look at that no good site and see what happened on christmas where the pop dropped big that one day and then the next day went back up. That is what a real holiday does to the servers.

Maybe some of us were luckier than others on V-day.

Not arguing your point, just being silly.

;)

You mean the 13 servers that increased in population is not better then the 111 that dropped?

Sword of Ajunta Pall »

ø 1.51

96.92 %

PvP

East

My server (in the middle of the pack)

Typical nightly population is 700'ish. I've check this @ prime time (its a EST) and I consider 9 pretty "prime" time. So using this logic, a server that is 1.51, has less then 1k players on it. That means few servers boast over 1k playing at the same time.....For the biodrones and bio-employees that posting as players, feel free to check out SAP server population at any time. Its really easy. Just create lvl 1 republic (do /who 1-20, 21-40, 41-49 and then 50. Typically its around 350. Go over to Imperials and do the same.

Maybe some of us were luckier than others on V-day.

Not arguing your point, just being silly.

;)

Reviewing your post count on that day I dont think you were the lucky one :eek:

And I didnt get a request :( I guess I should be getting it SOON though.

wow sucks... it ruined the mmo industry and this game
Might be true if this game was ruined - but it isn't or there wouldn't be updates, or patches, or new content ... or servers like the one I'm on (Mask of Nihilus) that has more traffic than both Thorium Brotherhood and Kirin Tor servers in WoW combined. Dungeonfinder is the only thing keeping that game on life support. My old WoW raiding guild has changed servers twice in the last year because server pops are dying so fast there's no one left to recruit.

The TOR server I'm on is growing. Those of you who unsubbed and think I'm full of it needs to resub and join my server. If you'd rather just ninja camp a forum and take potshots at the local community for a lack of anything else to do, then by all means. That's why our community was given a flag button.

Cheers! :)

Edited by GalacticKegger

Reviewing your post count on that day I dont think you were the lucky one :eek:

And I didnt get a request :( I guess I should be getting it SOON though.

heh, that made me lol.

I was lucky, and still am. (I do spend to much time on these forums, don't I :eek:)

I have a good life, family, and friends.

You mean the 13 servers that increased in population is not better then the 111 that dropped?

Sword of Ajunta Pall »

ø 1.51

96.92 %

PvP

East

Typical nightly population is 700'ish. I've check this @ prime time (its a EST) and I consider 9 pretty "prime" time. So using this logic, a server that is 1.51, has less then 1k players on it. That means few servers boast over 1k playing at the same time.....For the biodrones and bio-employees that posting as players, feel free to check out SAP server population at any time. Its really easy. Just create lvl 1 republic (do /who 1-20, 21-40, 41-49 and then 50. Typically its around 350. Go over to Imperials and do the same.

I'm not sure what your point in all of this is, but did you ever stop to think that perhaps you don't have access to the literally thousands of different possible reasons for population fluctuations on different servers.

for instance - my server, in my personal experience, has experienced a boom in population growth - so should I automatically assume the entire game is experience growth? No because there are a thousand reasons my server at the times I play may of seen a boom.

Your personal experience is ultimately irrelevant and does not provide any objective data that can be used to determine whether subs are up or down and whether pop is up or down overall.

sorry :(

Its really easy. Just create lvl 1 republic (do /who 1-20, 21-40, 41-49 and then 50. Typically its around 350. Go over to Imperials and do the same.

Usually i have to cut the numbers down further as you can some times have 50+ for 11-13 alone and as of late I have had to break down 46+ into separate classes and even then with the sith i get 100 for each

Republic side on The Shaltin Tunnels in EU seems to be growing. 112 on Coruscant last night and it's "only" a Standard server. Dromund Kaas peaked at 76 when I was there. Tython had 43-54 and Korriban 32-34. Faction imbalance is being corrected by the players themselves, like the more clearminded knew would happen eventually.

Usually i have to cut the numbers down further as you can some times have 50+ for 11-13 alone and as of late I have had to break down 46+ into separate classes and even then with the sith i get 100 for each

Yep...but not on my server which is dying. For 50 sometimes needs to be broke down into classes, but thats about it. Basically they created too many servers and are going to pay in the long run as people leave. New comers to this game are going to look at the screen selection and pick a heavy-full server, not a standard-light setup (unless they are joining friends or something). So the current base of "heavy" servers will continue to grew and have people, the rest of us poor players (vast majority of the player base) are stuck with less then a 1k per server, and declining populations

Edited by Grometsc

Sword of Ajunta Pall »

ø 1.51

96.92 %

PvP

East

Ummm ... is there a reason for going through so much trouble to prove a point that has no effect on the audience you're trying to penetrate? Why be so adamant about doing whatever it is you're trying to do? Perhaps numerically quantifying the word "biodrone" is #1 on the ol' RL to-do list? If you dislike your server, come join ours. Edited by GalacticKegger

Yep...but not on my server which is dying. For 50 sometimes needs to be broke down into classes, but thats about it. Basically they created too many servers and are going to pay in the long run as people leave.

I notice you have no answer to the thousands of possibilities as to why you are experience population drop. It is entirely possible your server is growing but the combination of different reasons has shown a lower pop during the times you tend to play.

but of course - that would mean 2 months from now "if" population is dropping and the game nose-dives you wont be able to log back on and go SEE I TOLD YOU SO I WAS RIGHT HAHAHAH, so it's kind of moot to try and make you see reason.

Yep...but not on my server which is dying. For 50 sometimes needs to be broke down into classes, but thats about it. Basically they created too many servers and are going to pay in the long run as people leave. New comers to this game are going to look at the screen selection and pick a heavy-full server, not a standard-light setup (unless they are joining friends or something). So the current base of "heavy" servers will continue to grew and have people, the rest of us poor players (vast majority of the player base) are stuck with less then a 1k per server, and declining populations

I just logged into your server and did a search republic side up to 49 and got aprox 950 gonna guess another 250-300+ for the 50s giving a total of approx 1250+ republic. Now given that everyone says republic is a under pop one could assume 1500-2000 empire then giving a total server prime time of 2750-3200+ which is very good

I just logged into your server and did a search republic side up to 49 and got aprox 950 gonna guess another 250-300+ for the 50s giving a total of approx 1250+ republic. Now given that everyone says republic is a under pop one could assume 1500-2000 empire then giving a total server prime time of 2750-3200+ which is very good

we have to remember, these people think prime time is whenever they are logging on. So if he is on a U.S server and plays at 330am Wednesday morning, thats prime time and clearly the game is dying and will be shut down in the next 5 days because of how low the pop is :(

we have to remember, these people think prime time is whenever they are logging on. So if he is on a U.S server and plays at 330am Wednesday morning, thats prime time and clearly the game is dying and will be shut down in the next 5 days because of how low the pop is :(

Unfortunately all these opinions are constantly voiced here and else where are starting to have an effect on the games viability and will eventually have a negative impact sooner or later. It is my opinion that there will never be a game to rival with wow because players will be too unwilling and impatient to allow any game to grow