Number of load screens between planets

Aidank

Is kinda ridiculous.

It doesn't really add anything to the whole immersion experience to have to spend 10 minutes in loading screens every time I travel between planets. It might have been cool using my star ship the first 10 times but now it's just like pulling teeth.

Can we just fast travel between planets? I Want to spend more time pew pewing stuff and less in loading screens.

I'm curious how many you think there is.

Really there is only what two? Three at most?

Do remember the fade to blacks are NOT loading screens. Its more of a time-lapse to give immersion that something is going on there.

The fade to blacks are most certainly loading screens, do you think they take so long just to screw with people? of course not. If It goes to the splash screen, it's a loading screen.

There are generally about 4-5 inbetween your pvp terminal on the fleet and the average planet.

The fade to blacks are most certainly loading screens, do you think they take so long just to screw with people? of course not. If It goes to the splash screen, it's a loading screen.

There are generally about 4-5 inbetween your pvp terminal on the fleet and the average planet.

A splash screen or fade to black that lasts all of 3 seconds is NOT a load screen. If they take much longer than that ,it's your rig.

There are only 2 actual load screens when going from planet to planet. That's loading up your ship and loading up the next planet.

Edited by iResist

Between walking through space port in planet A, to the orbital station (loading screen), to your hangar (loading screen), to your ship (loading screen), walking past that god damn robot that won't shut up!, going to planet B, exiting ship (loading screen), walking to orbital elevator (loading screen), walking to shuttle to planet (loading screen). Between all that, it's damn close to 10 min spent. OP might have been exaggerating, but the core of his criticism still stands...there's too many loading screen, too much time spent in empty places.

They are not loading screens. They are transition screens that allow your character to be transported to another node or starting point within the already loaded map.

They are not loading screens. They are transition screens that allow your character to be transported to another node or starting point within the already loaded map.

If it looks like a loading screen and feels like a loading screen, then it probably is a loading screen.

It doesn't matter if it's character transition loading screen, or a full world load loading screen, or a loading screen stuck in simply for the sheer joy of loading screens.

SWTOR has too many and too few ways to avoid going through multiple ones.

(there's also some sort of loading screen issue, that seems independant of PC spec, that's probably exacerbating things)

Though I do see too many loading screens, I think your exaggerating about the amount of loading screens while traveling between planets.

Well lets say you're going between hoth & the republic fleet for example, since I'm levelling a toon through hoth right now

You've got the loading screen (or transition screen, whatever you want to call it) between the main hoth station and the orbital spaceport port, then the screen between the spaceport port and your hangar, then the screen between your hangar and your ship, then the screen between your ship and the fleet's hangar, and then the screen between the fleet's hangar and the main level of the fleet.

That's 5 screens to get from hoth to the republic fleet, or vice versa assuming your pass is on cd.

What? Transition? LOL, thats loading, what the heck are you talking about!!! If that screen pops up, you are loading. Thanks for the laugh though!

Transition.....oh man, still laughing about it. Like a politician, har har.

Ok we can argue about what constitutes a "Loading Screen" all day long and we will never address what the OP is talking about.

There are a lot of steps one goes through to get from one planet to another.

Shuttle > Airlock > Orbital Station > Ship > Galaxy Map > Orbital Station > Airlock > Planet

It could be:

Hangar > Orbital Station > Ship > Galaxy Map > Orbital Station > Planet

Or

Hangar > Ship > Galaxy Map > Planet if we want to get real lazy.

Worst case:

Mobile Galaxy Map > Planet