A small comment (not complain) about the use of the term ''races''

Angedechu

Just to point this out, Starwars media in general carefully avoid the use of ''races''. The term is species. (The only time ''races'' is used is to describe for instance Dathomirian Zabrak vs Iridonian Zabarak) : neologism like ''speciism'' is used to describe related terms.

Most of the available options in game are just offshoots of humans with little variance in most cases outside of their color, such as miralan or even chiss (they were believed to be humans who were altered by glacial radiation) to me, this doesn't even really warrant being called a different species for most of them, they're more like mutants, and in the case of some, they're just called "near humans"

Most of the available options in game are just offshoots of humans with little variance in most cases outside of their color, such as miralan or even chiss (they were believed to be humans who were altered by glacial radiation) to me, this doesn't even really warrant being called a different species for most of them, they're more like mutants, and in the case of some, they're just called "near humans"

Not all near humans have human ancestors in SWTOR, and even with some relation they are so separated by now that they are different species (Chimpanzees have 99% identical genes to humans, still they are a different species).

I agree, just saying some of the options we're given in game are near humans or offshoot of humans. There are some who clearly aren't however. I think it's why a lot of people say race instead of species, but a deeper reason is cause it's just mmo habit, when you create your character, the average player is just used to saying race. You aren't really incorrect if you look at it from the perspective of the avatar being created, they'd see themselves as being a part of the twi'lek race of peoples. Like with your example, this may be a dathomiran born zabrak, and this may be an iridonian zabrak. This may be a Rylothian twi'lek, and this one was raised on that colony on Tython.

Twileks, Siths, Zabaraks, and the...green ones ? are not related at all to humans

Chiss are an off-shoot in some sources, different in others.

Miralukans are genetically humans (Lucien Draay, the master of Zayne, have Miralukans in his ancestry)

Twileks, Siths, Zabaraks, and the...green ones ? are not related at all to humans

Chiss are an off-shoot in some sources, different in others.

Miralukans are genetically humans (Lucien Draay, the master of Zayne, have Miralukans in his ancestry)

no one argued otherwise either, as for the sith, i assume you mean sith pureblood, as the player can't be a full sith. They are "mostly" human as the sith part has almost entirely been bred out of them.

I think ''Force Dawn'' is making revelations on the connection of Sith and Humans

Technically, as Pureblood Sith can marry with Humans and have kids with them, they might be considered as being of the same specie. (This said, Purebloosiths of TOR era have likely a very different genetic makeup than the first Siths)

BTW, ''Near-Human'' refers to two different concepts

1)Species extremely close to Humans, that are maybe genetic offshoots of Humans (Miralukans)

2)To help classify factions that are Humans genetically, but have a widely different culture (Hapans, for instance, or the Korunnai (Mace Windu's tribe)

Just to point this out, Starwars media in general carefully avoid the use of ''races''. The term is species. (The only time ''races'' is used is to describe for instance Dathomirian Zabrak vs Iridonian Zabarak) : neologism like ''speciism'' is used to describe related terms.

I agree. Using the term Races is like saying Cats and Horses are different Races, when their different species entirely. Races are used among the same species.