Are sentinels/marauders getting fixed anytime soon?

AzKnc

lately it literally has come down to "whoever has the most sentinel/marauders in their team win".

They're too tough, have too many utilities to not die or escape, and they do a crapload of damage, like, really, it's the only class posing any sort of threat in terms of damage in endgame pvp, only shadows/assassins come close.

I don't think that feeling as if your team is at a disatvantage for every dps you have that isn't a sentinel is the way bioware intended their game to be.

Sure in 10-49 pvp there's gunnery/arsenal people 3-4 hitting everyone, then in endgame where it actually counts, this game becomes some atrocious melee centric fest.

10/10

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lolwut shadow/assassins dps ... sent/maras are only as good as the player controlling them can they be a handful hell yes but not anyway OP against a very good sent/mara it´s usually a tie both dying on dots or me losing depends of your cd situation and who gets the drop on other.

Had that happen today come to think of it. I'd just finished off one person trying to plant a bomb and along comes a Gunslinger. He managed to kill me, with just a tick of health left and right as I respawned... I was awarded a Medal for killing an opponent in a 1v1 battle, the DoTs I'd stacked, right before dying had finished him off.

Wished they'd shut the forums down permanently sometimes.

L2P, these are some of the easiest classes to kill. I hope they get buffed tbh, they have very little defense, no Punts, Pulls, or Stuns. You want FPS gameplay, get an Xbox..

I bet umad because they beat you in huttball alot. For that I LOL at you..

You're vsing bad Sents/Mars tbh.

You're vsing bad Sents/Mars tbh.

Actually I play a Juggie and a Merc... I do great.

The point I'm trying to make is:

People make a ton of posts "Nerf this, Nerf that" and there's no problem. I've seen plenty of scenarios where the Pub team has 3 Commandos and destroys us. Then Ive seen where the same kinda team gets crushed. It's all about the players behind the toons, not the toons themselves.

Just seems to me, there's a whole lot of other issues to be fixed than someone who cant play their class, wanting a free ride to win.

As an Annihiliation marauder I can kill pretty much any class that just stand there and tries to tank the damage, including healers, but in any mmo, ranged classes are suppose to kite melee and not tank the damage. as more and more marauder/sent get both cham weapons and spec Annihiliation /watchman, ranged class/healers will have a harder time to tank them.

15 seconds. 12 seconds talented.

And we're the only class without a stun.

So I suppose that evens it up eh?

No it does not, also both agent and smuggler have roots, on top of that you DO have a stun.

Anyway, roots are a cc and they should be affected by resolve period.

Gotta love the people who claim the class isn't broke by saying:

"Their fine, all you need is a group of people to take them down, L2P."

Lolz, when you need a group to beat one player, the class isn't "fine".

The class takes more skill to play than just about any other, but in this game thats not saying a whole lot.

I'm confused were'nt people just saying sentinels/marauders were bad?

There forums are like a roller coaster, soon people will say mercs and sorcs are UP :rolleyes:

Here's my theory:

Every single person who thinks Sentinels/Marauders are overpowered plays either a Commando/Mercenary or a Sage/Sorcerer, and it goes like this:

C/M/S/S Player: So liek, I was standing there, playing my class, spamming my tracer missile/grav round/pebbles/lightning... and then this guys with 2 lightsaber appear, and HE SPINS and KICKS me and then my tracer missile/grav round/pebbles/lightning no work, no matter how hard I *CLICK* it!!!! So I try backpedal, but him not outrunned by me. SO UNFAIR.

Then it work again after like 20 seconds and HE GOES THUMP, SPINS AGAIN and no matter how hard I click the button I don't use my ability.

SO OP.

I'm a marauder fully kitted out with Champ gear and anni spec'd.

We are not overly powerful, our opponents are just overly stupid. You try and tank us or just sit there and spam us with your same ridiculous ability over and over we will destroy you.

As for those stupid bubbles... They will save you for about 2 seconds. Once Annihilate is fired your bubble goes pop and then we commence chopping your face.

I'm a marauder fully kitted out with Champ gear and anni spec'd.

We are not overly powerful, our opponents are just overly stupid. You try and tank us or just sit there and spam us with your same ridiculous ability over and over we will destroy you.

As for those stupid bubbles... They will save you for about 2 seconds. Once Annihilate is fired your bubble goes pop and then we commence chopping your face.

And poor you dont have gap closers/roots/perma slow/intrrupts, and in worst case scenario immunity to damage/vanish. Awwww, i shed a tear.

Edited by GrandMike

And poor you dont have gap closers/roots/perma slow, and in worst case scenario immunity to damage. Awwww.

Try using another ability other than Lightning Strike when a Sentinel is in melee with you. It's an adjustment, but I have faith in you.

Edited by McVade

Five, this should go without saying... but if you ever get hit with a full master strike the door is that way.

This made me giggle... I was laughing about this last night on vent with my pvp group telling them I can't believe how many people will just stand there and let me hit them with master strike. granted you have ot back up farther than 2 feet but all you have to do is run away.

knockbacks work wonders as well

Edited by Lockyda

Thank you for your glorious advice! I will now strafe like mad and that will make your class not OP :rolleyes:

NO! You have to *mix* it in between your keyboard turning, otherwise we'll get the wrong idea.

If you START by keyboard turning, we'll assume you are like 95% of all Sorcerers out there and go into easy-mode. Then, suddenly, you EXPLODE into fancy pro-strafing and we get stuck in a logic loop: "But sorcerer = moron... but this sorcerer =/ moron. But sorcerer = moron... but ... but..." and then our brains explode and you get valor.

Edited by McVade

NO! You have to *mix* it in between your keyboard turning, otherwise we'll get the wrong idea.

If you START by keyboard turning, we'll assume you are like 95% of all Sorcerers out there and go into easy-mode. Then, suddenly, you EXPLODE into fancy pro-strafing and we get stuck in a logic loop: "But sorcerer = moron... but this sorcerer =/ moron. But sorcerer = moron... but ... but..." and then we explode and you get valor.

Hmmm, i thought all that strafing would make you dizzy and unresponisve.

Edited by GrandMike

As an Annihiliation marauder I can kill pretty much any class that just stand there and tries to tank the damage, including healers, but in any mmo, ranged classes are suppose to kite melee and not tank the damage. as more and more marauder/sent get both cham weapons and spec Annihiliation /watchman, ranged class/healers will have a harder time to tank them.

Except you can't exactly kite nor escape something that perma snares you and charges you every 12 seconds. Especially considering how small pvp maps are, and yes, that includes huttball.

If a marauder/sentinel wants to stay on its target and kill it, it will succeed unless that person gets MAJOR help. And as someone else stated, we're talking MULTIPLE people's efforts to deal with ONE character. Which translates into said character being op, i rest my case.

Edited by AzKnc

I think you people need to get out there and actually play the game.

After all there is a reason why every man and his god are rerolling sentinel/mara, their numbers everywhere as of late are not even funny.

Surely it must be because the class is perfectly fine and all as you say. /sarcasm.

Edit: there is of course the possibility that you can't tell the difference between idiots sentinels/maras and the ones actually watchman specced, of course, in which case, why even bother replying.

Your sig, and the rubbish you're spouting here kinda shows up what kinda player you are really. I HOPE everyone is rolling Marauders, more of them for me obliterate in PVP.

Marauders need buffed. They are no way near as OP as sages.

A video showing how balanced Marauders are.

Some screen shots showing how OP Sorcerers are in warzones.

https://imgur.com/a/P3lM4#0

Now some people might say, wait a minute. That Marauder has top damage, over 100k healing, more medals more valor more commendations, more kills and less deaths than the sorcerers, but, I say ignore them because they are obvious sorcerers trying to protect their OP class.

Edited by Rhazesx