The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Unified Powertech FAQs Useful Information Post!

Sprungmonkey

The Unified Powertech FAQs Useful Information Post!

Table of Contents:

1. Foreword

2. Unified Useful Information - FAQs

3. Notes

Unified Useful Information FAQs

1. What Spec is the best Powertech Spec?

Recorded data from damage parsing and Tweets from the International Powertech Think-tank (IPTT) strongly suggest (nay, demand) that while builds like Taugrim’s “Iron Fist”, Carolina Parakeet, and full Pyro are high in popularity that it is a 100% factually recorded fact that any build WITHOUT Jet Charge is inferior. Any player utilizing one of these builds has been asked to reroll as an Operative and to continue posting about your now “woefully nerfed” damage.

2. How can I make my spec better? Can the IPTT evaluate my spec?

Two cardinal errors usually occur when players create their PT spec. A – They neglected to include Jet Charge. B – They didn’t give it an obscure or ridiculous name. Recent studies show that players using named specs fare 72.3% better than players with an unknown or unnamed spec. Simply naming your spec increases your DPS and survivability by 10 fold.

3. So, is there an official IPTT spec?

Yes! This spec is entitled “Flatulent Unicorn” and adheres to the aforementioned IPTT standards:

“Flatulent Unicorn” 41/0/0 100% Guaranteed Pwnage-spec

4. The link above doesn’t work!

Simply math infers that you place 41 points in Jet Charge and begin ownage. Players discovering how to do this receive immediate membership into the IPTT.

5. How can I fix the 2 piece set bonus on my Combat Tech suit?

Send in a bug report promptly when failure to Carbonize occurs in PvP noting the EXACT time and location of the event. Wait 4-6 weeks for the dedicated staff at Bioware’s CSR division to respond and enjoy the way they will have found to further break the mechanics of Ilum.

6. My Carbonize STILL doesn’t work!

But your UI has shiny buttons now! See!

7. Which is better? RB or IM?

Rubidium is no match for the masterful sword skills of Inigo Mantoya. He isn’t even left handed!

8. Is Shoulder Slam useless?

No! Bioware notes that in the next patch that the damage of Shoulder Slam is being TRIPLED!

9. What the best tanking rotation for a Shieldtech?

Tab target to the largest and most dangerous mob (Not mutually exclusive). Face away from said mob. Cast Oil Slick directly on the ground in front of your given current facing. Locate the healer in the party. Run directly to healer and perform /dance. Do not respond to party chat or tells. After being removed, continue to wait for next spam of “LF1M Tank for…” and accept invite. Repeat process.

10. Does AP or Pyro do more straight up DPS?

Clearly Pyro does. It has twice the letters of AP. Ridiculous question. (Likely to change once Shoulder Slam is fixed)

11. What stat should I focus on? Shield, Absorb, Defense, Power, Crit, or Surge?

None. Stack Alacrity until you can spam Shoulder Slam once the next patch goes live. Being able to Jet Charge around the map Shoulder Slamming everyone will break the mechanics of the game causing all players to reroll PT.

12. What’s the best race for a PT?

Ewok. – Hands down. Ever seen a Jet Charging Ewok? I rest my case.

13. Should I stop grappling players into the fire once they message me with (insert emo statement here)?

Yes. Clearly you have offended them and should move on to flying your Ewok around the Huttball arena. Should your current player race NOT be Ewok, continue to follow said player around grappling on every available cool down. Reply to all further tells with “SHOULDER SLAM!”

• 1 month later...

That was the best post I've read on swtor in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, I look forward to more great advice! ;)

Oh, my spec of choice is called the "Big Ol' Overpowered Blaster Spec", or "B O O B S" for short and it's really easy to play, you just use Rapid Shots whenever Shoulder Slam is on cooldown. The best part about it is that you don't need to use ANY talent points at all! You can tank, you can dps and you can use rakata potions to heal your party, so EVERYONE is going to want you in their group. It's good for PvP, it's good for PvE, it's good for leveling, it's good for hanging out on the fleet making fun of Imperial Agents, it's the PERFECT SPEC for EVERY play-style.