Counter This Class

oblongship

My biggest problem as a marauder is actually snipers/gunslingers in cover.

Since a large part of my rage generation is my charge, and one cannot charge a player in cover, it means I basically spend the fight rage-starved. In order to counter this, I use Force Choke to get the player out of cover and then charge once he's out, and that seems to help, but Force Choke is a relatively long CD that means it's not usually up when I need it for these kinds of situations.

Any thoughts?

I'm a watchmen/annihilation spec. I just use my relic(power) apply all my bleeds and use my big attacks on them while they are in cover. At that point they are down at least 30% hp. If I have 30 stacks of Fury/Centering I pop Berserk/Zen and watch them melt.

At this point you have a few options. 1. Stand there and use defensive cooldowns while using master strike/ravage and take any hits they throw at you or 2. Force Choke/Force Stasis them. If this gets them below 20% hp the fight can end quickly here. Use Dispatch/Deadly throw and watch them die. If they heal/use cds/cc etc. all your previous skills minus force choke/stasis should be off cd and you can crush them right there anyways. Save Force Charge/Leap and Force Camo for when they knock you back.

Also I personally don't use Force Choke/Stasis whenever its off CD in PVP, I save it for when I want to finish a kill such as on an operative/smuggler or on a healer. So mine is probably up much more frequently then yours.

Hope that helps.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Neithian

I'm a watchmen/annihilation spec. I just use my relic(power) apply all my bleeds and use my big attacks on them while they are in cover. At that point they are down at least 30% hp. If I have 30 stacks of Fury/Centering I pop Berserk/Zen and watch them melt.

At this point you have a few options. 1. Stand there and use defensive cooldowns while using master strike/ravage and take any hits they throw at you or 2. Force Choke/Force Stasis them. If this gets them below 20% hp the fight can end quickly here. Use Dispatch/Deadly throw and watch them die. If they heal all your previous skills minus force choke/stasis should be off cd and you can crush them right there anyways. Save Force Charge/Leap and Force Camo for when they knock you back.

Also I personally don't use Force Choke/Stasis whenever its off CD in PVP, I save it for when I want to finish a kill such as on an operative/smuggler or on a healer. So mine is probably up much more frequently then yours.

Hope that helps.

Snipers/gunslinger can't heal. Are you guys confusing snipers/gunslinger with scoundrels/operatives?

Edited by Crumpilumpigus

Snipers/smugglers can't heal. Are you guys confusing snipers/smugglers with scoundrels/operatives?

They can hit medpacs,sorry should've made that more clear, either way scoundrels and ops can stealth out of a fight or cc you, if you don't use your cc-breaker skill well, so thats why I plan on incapacitating them as much as possible before gutting them with dispatch or some other hard hitting skill.

Sniper vs jedi

cover -> dps him if he runs to close -> Entrench=cc immune -> kb+root -> stun(+speed)

if he purges stun root and kite him dead in dead range 6-16 ft

basicly all jedi slow em get in 6-14ft kill em with some rdps while running,if they ever reach you cc -> run + slow again,dead all the time solo(never run to far away so they are able to charge)

Sniper vs jedi

cover -> dps him if he runs to close -> Entrench=cc immune -> kb+root -> stun(+speed)

if he purges stun root and kite him dead in dead range 6-16 ft

basicly all jedi slow em get in 6-14ft kill em with some rdps while running,if they ever reach you cc -> run + slow again,dead all the time solo(never run to far away so they are able to charge)

What ability are you using to slow the Jedi? Is that from Adhesive Corrosives 17 points into Lethality?

Edited by Crumpilumpigus

classes I hate: scoundrels, sentinels, and assassins.

how I counter them: I get my tank to guard me and taunt them. ;)

Haha not a lot of people realize how powerful taunt is in pvp.

It also has a lot of benefits by giving medals without swapping stances.

Operatives;

lol @ their weak opener, I feel their pain, dot them so they can't cloak, they can clear it but many tend to overlook that, Blaster whip/Sucker punch them to death. If I happen to be losing the roll battle, Triage, cloak and either open in on them or leave.

So how does a Sorc counter a Vangaurd?

Just have to face the facts that there is one class you can't solo face roll. Sorcs and tracer spam are my easiest kills. It's very rare I lose to either, with better gear being the deciding factor. The toughest fights for me are well played snipers and maras. Juggs are tough because they are long fights, if they are tank spec.