Drop Artifice 400???

NOOJH

I made 4 million with artifice by selling color crystals on the market. But now every artifice saw the gem market and basicly flooded it with cheap prices.

So once then GTN has gone to crap, what then for Artifice? May as well go biochem?

Edited by Azure_Prower

The big movers for Artifice are the weapon color crystals and the top end Orange lightsaber shells (which can gain an Augment slot if you critically craft them).

Right now the Magenta (pink) color crystals are big movers for 50th characters. You have to jump through some hoops to be able to harvest a crystal, then you have to farm World Boss mobs for the recipe drops. If you hunt through older threads on this forum, you'll see people making 250k offers per Magenta color crystal (in whatever ability type they're looking for).

Augment slots on Orange lightsabers is also a big deal. Once Bioware lets people remove the mod pieces from Purple items in patch 1.2, all of the high end raiders will move their Purple raid drop mod pieces into these Orange shells in order to gain the bonus Augment slot.

Other than that, my main income as a mid level Artificer is from the weapon color crystals. Crystals can't be purely bought from the Commodation vendors (though they can be removed from Commdation weapons) and are only upgraded every x8 levels. Since they aren't upgraded as often, people always want at least a Blue grade crystal. Even the Purple grade versions sell very quickly.

As far as pricing goes, pay attention to your server to understand where the current market prices are. Even with my selling the weapon crystals at "reasonable" prices, my weekly income on a small PvE server still racks in about 200k net profit per week (from selling just 15th, 23rd, and 31st crystals). Once I can make all of the truly rare and desireable items, I expect that income level to noticeably increase.

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Orange crystals sell for 30-40K each at artifact quality; magenta crystals sell for nearly half a million. Off hands fetch 30-50K without a crit, up to 160K with an augment slot. Artifice is fine (willpower shields would be a nice addition for our assassin/shadow tanks...). Edited by Natarii

I don't have a problem making credits. It's the fact that there is nothing I can make to help my character....

Well, making stuff for your character isn't really the point of crafting.

But if that's all crafting is to you, then from what I gather Biochem is basically required. For the other two crew skills I would do slicing (to sell the discoveries) and either underworld trading or treasure hunting (to sell underworld metals and gems).

Edited by Marlaine

I'm keeping artifice, mostly because I can supply my alts with good hilts etc. as they level as well as making a ton of money off the GTN

The big movers for Artifice are the weapon color crystals and the top end Orange lightsaber shells (which can gain an Augment slot if you critically craft them).

Augment slots on Orange lightsabers is also a big deal. Once Bioware lets people remove the mod pieces from Purple items in patch 1.2, all of the high end raiders will move their Purple raid drop mod pieces into these Orange shells in order to gain the bonus Augment slot.

On a side note, its confirmed that you can crit the orange lightsabers and get an augment slot? If so is there any proof(dev response screenies etc.) Not that I want to debunk this mind you. I was talking about this with a guildie the other day and we were both unsure if it was possible. If its possible to crit them and get augments I will be crafting those for a long long time :p

I lol'd. That's the point of crafting. To make stuff for your character or other people's characters.

The point of crafting is to participate in the economy by creating items other people can use. The fact that you can use some of those items on your character is completely secondary.

Edited by Marlaine

I made 4 million with artifice by selling color crystals on the market. But now every artifice saw the gem market and basicly flooded it with cheap prices.

So once then GTN has gone to crap, what then for Artifice? May as well go biochem?

The color crystals are down to about 20k for a purple on my server. Hardly worth the effort now, and once everyone reaches end-game, there will be nothing to sell at all because like every other profession except biochem, artifice has no consumable to sell that is needed.

Edited by CriticalMasses

The color crystals are down to about 20k for a purple on my server. Hardly worth the effort now, and once everyone reaches end-game, there will be nothing to sell at all because like every other profession except biochem, artifice has no consumable to sell that is needed.

Yeah, because there is not going to be new players or alts to sell to. Everyone in the entire game will be 50s soon.

I made 2 million creds last week with artificing alone - obviously useless. Go ahead and drop it so I can make 3 million this week! One less artificer increases my demand.

LOL, because there is SOOOO much to spend money on you really need 10 million credits.

So you have credits, what you gonna blow it on, another mount?

I'm keeping artifice, mostly because I can supply my alts with good hilts etc. as they level as well as making a ton of money off the GTN

On a side note, its confirmed that you can crit the orange lightsabers and get an augment slot? If so is there any proof(dev response screenies etc.) Not that I want to debunk this mind you. I was talking about this with a guildie the other day and we were both unsure if it was possible. If its possible to crit them and get augments I will be crafting those for a long long time :p

yes I have crit on my primary and secondary sabers already, first two tries, I got super lucky I guess

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Orange crystals sell for 30-40K each at artifact quality; magenta crystals sell for nearly half a million. Off hands fetch 30-50K without a crit, up to 160K with an augment slot. Artifice is fine (willpower shields would be a nice addition for our assassin/shadow tanks...).

How many corusca gems does each take to make?

I'm having trouble selling off-hands at 50k. The mats alone could sell for 30k. Keep in mind that if you sell an item for 50k and you could have just sold the mats for 30k, you just made ~20k from TH, a couple k from archeology, and only 20k or from Artificing.

I made 2 million creds last week with artificing alone - obviously useless. Go ahead and drop it so I can make 3 million this week! One less artificer increases my demand.

Must be nice to have that purple schematic eh? Best pray it doesn't drop much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.