The End of the Game

Grimprospect

In regards to ticket number 3188109 ( I opened a ticket asking if I could get my items restored. The support took longer than 24 hours so I was unable to get them back because the policy is that if the action was taken 24 hours ago they will not do it. ) that I was not able to respond back to due to the Game Master closing the ticket . It did not deliever what was promised in the hearts and minds of gamers and star wars fans a like. No words can sum up the disapointment I have recieved with playing this game but I will try.

The Customer Support is awful for a video game that had the most amount of money backing them we should have one day live response from Game Masters at least, like World of Warcraft. I don't know how BioWare expected the game to launch without a good customer support; the service was not adequate. I am mainly disappointed that they did not hire more for their support team after realizing they were going over 1.5 million players.

End game for Swtor is worse than World of Warcrafts ever was. When you can't even assign loot or pass on loot you don't want to go to you over another person it just seems like you guys are not trying. Bosses that you only wipe on because they are bugged makes everyone annoyed with the game. None of this would be a problem if you guys had premades in the test servers so that end game would get tested along side the early stage of the game.

Friends system should have been taken right from wow because people are use to it and it works very well. Real ID is very useful for friends to group up together and talk even if they are on an alt.

Flashpoint finder should have been put into the game cross-server. If you were worried about people being rude to each other I would have suggested making a player rating system that everyone can check. If you get a lower player rating then you will be stuck with other players with that nature. Not having this in the game makes the flashpoints seem like a lot more work than they should be; mainly because most of them do not have a special location so they don't feel like an adventure like going to deadmines or shadowfang keep.

Ilum has to be the worst world pvp area I have ever seen in the history of MMOs. From the guys who made Warhammer Online and Dark Age of Camelot, I was thinking we would atleast have some kind of amazing world PvP zone.

Add-ons are one of the main things that makes World of Warcraft so much fun. To redesign your User Interface after 6 years into a game is a lot of fun and invigoration game play. They can pick and choose what add-ons to approve if they are worried about making the game to easy such as Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs.

In closing the defenders of Swtor may say that the game is still early and give it time, but Swtor is not competing in a vacuum. So I won't give them any breaks when it comes to things that other games have already come up with. The things we didn't get from Swtor almost seems like the game developers were banking on this being a Star Wars MMO rather than caring about the game and putting in the things that matter.

I guess this proves that money thrown at a game can't create success. Its the same for movies and now it is shown the same for video games.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point with Flash Point cross server and a rating option is by far the worse idea Ive heard.

LFG destroyed WoW's Community and I do not want to see that happen here. Lets all learn from that mistake.

While a LFG same server would not only help it would booster the community if on the same server. It makes you accountable for your actions.

I have yet to really experience the end game nor have I had to use the CS as of yet so I can not comment on the rest.

Flashpoint finder should have been put into the game cross-server. If you were worried about people being rude to each other I would have suggested making a player rating system that everyone can check. If you get a lower player rating then you will be stuck with other players with that nature. Not having this in the game makes the flashpoints seem like a lot more work than they should be; mainly because most of them do not have a special location so they don't feel like an adventure like going to deadmines or shadowfang keep.

You do know no one actually goes to Deadmines or SFK right....the LFG tool auto ports them in.

Two rebuttals and one fact:

1.) It sounds like you have only run normal Operations. This is not endgame. Get more experience before you try to speak about something. Hardmode and NM do not auto assign loot.

2.) Cross-server LFG tool killed WoW's sense of community and is destroying it slowly. Same server LFG tool would be fine.

3.) WoW developers have made ZERO, ZILCH, 0, NADA addons for that game. It is all community built and maintained using LUA. You are ignorant.

Edited by Meluna

The LFG made it so that people with jobs could fit instances into their lives.

This. I'm sick of these damn kids acting like everyone has all the time in the world just because they can afford to sit on a game 10 hours a day. I hope Bioware realized that an MMO in this day and age that doesn't have an LFG tool is as good as dead.

Everyone bashing his LFG tool must have forgotten.. "Oh my Gosh! I only have to travel to the mission deck! Teleporting us there will DESTROY the game!!1!1!1!!one!! *gasp* *faint*"

Has nothing to do with a LFG tool though.

Lol fail.

In regards to ticket number 3188109 ( I opened a ticket asking if I could get my items restored. The support took longer than 24 hours so I was unable to get them back because the policy is that if the action was taken 24 hours ago they will not do it. ) that I was not able to respond back to due to the Game Master closing the ticket . It did not deliever what was promised in the hearts and minds of gamers and star wars fans a like. No words can sum up the disapointment I have recieved with playing this game but I will try.

The Customer Support is awful for a video game that had the most amount of money backing them we should have one day live response from Game Masters at least, like World of Warcraft. I don't know how BioWare expected the game to launch without a good customer support; the service was not adequate. I am mainly disappointed that they did not hire more for their support team after realizing they were going over 1.5 million players.

End game for Swtor is worse than World of Warcrafts ever was. When you can't even assign loot or pass on loot you don't want to go to you over another person it just seems like you guys are not trying. Bosses that you only wipe on because they are bugged makes everyone annoyed with the game. None of this would be a problem if you guys had premades in the test servers so that end game would get tested along side the early stage of the game.

Friends system should have been taken right from wow because people are use to it and it works very well. Real ID is very useful for friends to group up together and talk even if they are on an alt.

Ilum has to be the worst world pvp area I have ever seen in the history of MMOs. From the guys who made Warhammer Online and Dark Age of Camelot, I was thinking we would atleast have some kind of amazing world PvP zone.

Add-ons are one of the main things that makes World of Warcraft so much fun. To redesign your User Interface after 6 years into a game is a lot of fun and invigoration game play. They can pick and choose what add-ons to approve if they are worried about making the game to easy such as Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs.

In closing the defenders of Swtor may say that the game is still early and give it time, but Swtor is not competing in a vacuum. So I won't give them any breaks when it comes to things that other games have already come up with. The things we didn't get from Swtor almost seems like the game developers were banking on this being a Star Wars MMO rather than caring about the game and putting in the things that matter.

I guess this proves that money thrown at a game can't create success. Its the same for movies and now it is shown the same for video games.

So long story short you want Bioware to carbon copy everything Wow has... right >.>

This. I'm sick of these damn kids acting like everyone has all the time in the world just because they can afford to sit on a game 10 hours a day. I hope Bioware realized that an MMO in this day and age that doesn't have an LFG tool is as good as dead.

Was thinking about this the other day. I have an hour or two to play...do I try and get a group the manual way or do I just play something else. Something else won out.

Swtor is pretty much a copy of WoW .05 not even Wow 2.0

SWTOR does the same thing to WoW that it did to EQ for me.

It takes what I like about WoW, adds its own flair and gets rid of the crap that I don't like such as Flying Mounts, Arena and cross server PvE.

Really love the biodrones, defending (trying) the undefensable. And that is the sign the times we live in, people expects some minimum standards, and get shafted...

Yes I already unsubbed, as far as you dont need an active acct. to post here you can expect to see me longer than my sub tho...

Really love the biodrones, defending (trying) the undefensable. And that is the sign the times we live in, people expects some minimum standards, and get shafted...

Yes I already unsubbed, as far as you dont need an active acct. to post here you can expect to see me longer than my sub tho...

This game doesn't even meet my minimum standards... I took the disc out of the case and pooped on it

So you will continue to post and rant on a forum of a game yoy no longer play?

Thank god you unsubed then. At least now I wont have to deal with you in game.

Wow copied the fundamental elements from EQ1 but they did it better that is what made it a success.

And SW:ToR copied the Fundamental elements from WoW but they do it better, imo while still adding things like a more active combat system and a leveling design that makes my character feel like he actually matters in the Galaxy while keeping deal breakers out like Flying Mounts and Arena.

This is why I subscribe and think its a success in my book.

Customer Support - It is awful, but I think they released a game before they were ready to get it out there before Christmas. So, right now, they're in scramble mode to try and get all of the bugs worked out. So they're limited support is swamped with a huge chunk of tickets about bugs in the game. I believe that once things settle a bit, and BW hires some more gm's, the service will improve.

End game - It was bad in Vanilla WoW. There were no token items so sometimes a drop for your class would happen, but it's got offensive stats when you're a tank. Doh! MC was buggy a bit. There loot system needs to be fixed a bit, but you must not remember Vanilla WoW... at all.

Real ID friends didn't happen until waaaay after Vanilla WoW came out. Plus, it's best features are that it works for all of their games on b.net... there's very little point in having Real ID in a singular product. Rift never had it and that wasn't an issue there.

Flashpoint - I'm not a big fan of cross-server, nor LFD, but those are happening so I can't fight it. However, I don't like the rating system. I've gotten into arguments with bad players and I don't want to baby them. So, what, because they are terrible players I have to help carry them or if I decide to bail they can low-rating me? No thanks...

Ilum - Can't disagree with you... it's terrible. To sum it up best... you have the following PvP games in Ilum:

The Ilum 500 (for armaments where you run around the circle)

The Base Shuffle/Base Red-Rover (where Empire moves in and out of the side entrance of the Pubs)

The Assault hopscotch (Where one ops groups is trying to chase down the other group, all the while tagging assault points)

Add-ons: Did WoW allow them right away? I know Rift didn't. Be patient... it'll come...