I spend more time fighting the targeting UI than I do fighting opponents

GreymaneAlpha

The order isn't random for the F keys. F1 is always you, then it works from the bottom up IRC. so F2 is always the bottom guy. You count up ignoring yourself. If you spent time experimenting, you'd realize it's not random at all.

Also, did that guy above say that he can't use raid frames because he has difficulty knowing the names of players? L.O.L

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/Click raid frame.

/press bound key on keyboard.

Why in God's name would you be trying to click on people in the game field to heal them? That's what raid frames are for...

Same thing with cycling friendly targets.

Why in the world would you be cycling through targets to heal?

One more time.

/Click raid frame.

/press bound key on keyboard.

this... I dont even understand how you wouldnt learn this if have healed for any amount of time ever in a 3d game.

The order isn't random for the F keys. F1 is always you, then it works from the bottom up IRC. so F2 is always the bottom guy. You count up ignoring yourself. If you spent time experimenting, you'd realize it's not random at all.

Also, did that guy above say that he can't use raid frames because he has difficulty knowing the names of players? L.O.L

So what you are saying is that 2=8 3=7 4=6 5=5 6=4 7=3 8=2?

That makes total sense. I guess we were all wrong, those fella's over there at BW are geniuses. :rolleyes:

So what you are saying is that 2=8 3=7 4=6 5=5 6=4 7=3 8=2?

That makes total sense. I guess we were all wrong, those fella's over there at BW are geniuses. :rolleyes:

Actually it only works for your party, so only up to four. And bottom up isn't that counter-intuitive. Even if it is, and you have difficulty grasping that, you can still click the raid frame....You can even move the raid frame whereever you want. There is no reason why that's not viable...

Actually it only works for your party, so only up to four. And bottom up isn't that counter-intuitive. Even if it is, and you have difficulty grasping that, you can still click the raid frame....You can even move the raid frame whereever you want. There is no reason why that's not viable...

Viable doesn't mean designed properly or up to standards. One should not have to use work-arounds and silly make-shift methods for something as basic and simple as targeting. Can it be done? Of course it can. I can also haul a new king-size mattress home tied to the top of my Mustang. That doesn't mean that it's the right way to get it home.

[...]People used to Healbot mods from WoW are a bit spoiled IMO.

Granted they are but that has its reason in the original WoW UI not being healer-friendly either and addon developers being in a popularity competition for QoL features which then also proved to be very useful and handy.

But a good targeting system is a different issue and one which can actually make or break the game for tanks and healers.

I too wish we could at least have nameplate/healthplate-based targeting, right now the only way to grab the correct target is hoping that your elusive reticule catches the hitbox of the target and that it actually snaps in first place. It feels like playing a shooter where you have to click on a target in order to validate it as such.

For those having trouble figuring out who the ball carrier is why not make a suggestion to the devs like placing a huttball shaped icon on the carrier's frame or placing a gold border around the carrier's frame or something along those lines? If enough of you suggest something that will help fix your problem then they might actually find time to put it in the game for you.

"Target nearest enemy"? ... Yeah, not so much -_-
Tab isn't set to "target nearest enemy" as default; it's "target next enemy."

I found that strange, but even with tab remapped for "target nearest" and "target next" also mapped, I still frequently have to fight the UI. I've even started to click, despite click targeting being not just inefficient in general, but particularly tricky in this game, between latency and pencil-thin target boxes.

there is a big diference between target nearest enemy and target next enemy:

Target nearest does work! but it isnt good for quickly changing between enemies.

Target next will cycle through every enemy on your screen and can be good if assained to the right key (I.e mouse button 3).

The same goes for friendly players.

all you have to do is find the time to customize your UI and keybinds, the devs probably didnt want to comment on this video becuase it might look like boasting.

Amazed this hasn't been looked at or some new targeting ui been implemented on the ptr. This is the single most game breaking thing in pvp for me as a Sith Juggernaut. Trying to target your own team mates to intercede and enemies to force leap to is really annoying, and when it fails it can mean your team might lose as you cant get to a team mate to help.

Please look at this Bioware. Its killing pvp atm, and anyone I have mentioned the targeting problems to in game have agreed with me. The targeting system is terrible.

Yeah its horrible but for me its very closely linked to FPS. I feel that, due to **** fps in pvp, its pointless trying to click on players who are jerking around the screen.

My solution has been to basically scrap any ideas about healing and just nuke the **** out of everything i see. This also makes my fps issues less notable as Im playing with no skill or thought whatsoever and therefore don't need to worry about reacting quickly.

Yet another reason why this game isn't fit to polish WOW's boots. And Im talking about gameplay... just gameplay... nothing else. I think its basically impossible to play WOW, and then come to this game and actually enjoy the gameplay unless you are used to playing like crap and don't notice the difference anyway.

I find myself more angered by the continuing epic failures of tab ("target next enemy") to actually behave in a reasonable way than just about anything in this game.

Tab should ALWAYS prioritize people directly ahead of you. Not behind you. Not off to some side behind a pillar you can't see. AHEAD OF YOU.

As for ball carriers: an icon on your raid frames that indicates the ball carrier would be greatly helpful. I'm get tired of trying desperately to click a guy running in circles on the lowest level of Huttball, desperately hoping I can successfully target him so that I can Rescue (Life Grip) him up to a higher level so he can score. Of course, if "target next friendly" worked reasonably, that wouldn't be a great problem either. Or if "target next enemy" worked reasonably, at least I could tab-and-assist....

there is a big diference between target nearest enemy and target next enemy:

Target nearest does work! but it isnt good for quickly changing between enemies.

Target next will cycle through every enemy on your screen and can be good if assained to the right key (I.e mouse button 3).

The same goes for friendly players.

all you have to do is find the time to customize your UI and keybinds, the devs probably didnt want to comment on this video becuase it might look like boasting.

You either have no clue what you're talking about, or you are completely confused by the complaints in this thread.

Yes, "target next enemy" "works" in the sense that it targets "a next enemy". It does not behave intuitively, however, because it seems as though it targets enemies in order of proximity, regardless of character facing.

Play Warcraft for two minutes. Hit tab a few times. See how intuitive it feels? Your tab target preferentially targets enemies you are FACING. Not enemies that are behind you, or off to some side hidden behind a pillar.

Also note that you can target nameplate/healthbars in WoW. And that targeting boxes are much larger (and more intuitive).

Put another way: I never once in the four or five years of playing WoW *ever* heard someone talk about having to rebind "tab" to "target nearest enemy". I never felt like targeting opponents was a chore while playing Battlegrounds, and I never screamed in rage as my tab button targeted a guy that was 10 yards behind me instead of a guy that was 11 yards directly in front of me.