I love ILUM!

coerCez

I haven’t had this much fun since the Old Frontiers days of Dark Age of Camelot.

Look I understand that many people are frustrated with ILUM. The amount of problems that everyone, including myself are encountering, be it FPS issues, disconnects, kills not counting etc. However, nobody can deny the fact that Bioware did something WoW has stopped trying many years ago. To engage and encourage people in Open World PvP!

Some people complain that it is just a big stand off and involves BHs pulling people in to get kills, but I have encountered, at least on my server, many great pulls and pushes, flanking from the sides, and other tactics being deployed to make the most of this experience.

I also think the majority of the player base simply do not know how to PvP in an open world setting. Just to give you an idea, we were engaging republic in a stand off by their base and the usual BH pull/kill scenario was playing out. Couple of us suggested that everyone pull back to the center and have people watching for Republic coming out of their base. As soon as we get the word that the Republic was coming out, we went around them and flanked them from behind resulting in a completion of weekly in a matter of minutes.

I don’t know about you but I am having great fun even with all the issues present in ILUM. I can’t imagine how much more fun it would be once Bioware fixes these issues in due time…

I haven’t had this much fun since the Old Frontiers days of Dark Age of Camelot.

Look I understand that many people are frustrated with ILUM. The amount of problems that everyone, including myself are encountering, be it FPS issues, disconnects, kills not counting etc. However, nobody can deny the fact that Bioware did something WoW has stopped trying many years ago. To engage and encourage people in Open World PvP!

Some people complain that it is just a big stand off and involves BHs pulling people in to get kills, but I have encountered, at least on my server, many great pulls and pushes, flanking from the sides, and other tactics being deployed to make the most of this experience.

I also think the majority of the player base simply do not know how to PvP in an open world setting. Just to give you an idea, we were engaging republic in a stand off by their base and the usual BH pull/kill scenario was playing out. Couple of us suggested that everyone pull back to the center and have people watching for Republic coming out of their base. As soon as we get the word that the Republic was coming out, we went around them and flanked them from behind resulting in a completion of weekly in a matter of minutes.

I don’t know about you but I am having great fun even with all the issues present in ILUM. I can’t imagine how much more fun it would be once Bioware fixes these issues in due time…

Not true

The game has possibilities for PvP. I did my first real Ilum fighting last night and could see that there is much in the game BW could take advantage of to make an interesting open world PvP planet. Ilum really lacks now, but can be fun if the players are creative. In the end though, unless the find a way to deal with the 1v1 balance issues, it will always have problems.

You're playing Empire. Did you fail to realize your were basically base camping ther Republic?

Of course you don't see any issues with Ilum. Your faction imbalance makes it a futile effort for the Republic.

I am sorry but this is simply not true. We have many times where Republic is camping our base. It all ends with the players and what they are willing to do. Also, one of the best PvP guilds in our server is on Republic not to mention they destroy Empire in WZs frequently.

Ilum... is just... awful.

You clearly just got there, come back later this week.

I have been out there for weeks engaging in zerg vs zerg, roaming solo to find other soloers etc. Bioware can only provide the play-ground and you must make an effort to play...

few weeks? roaming solo? other soloers?

Finding it hard to believe....

I know right! Can you imagine just yesterday I ran into this Sentinel that I 1 vs 1 frequently and just when we were fighting, another republic joins in. He instantly stopped attacking me, which I thought was amazing and got teary eyed a bit :)

This is actually a very good post and completely true. I try to employ tactics on my server such as you listed. Pushing, flanking, pulling to ambush points, scouting etc and eveyone would rather just stand at a faceoff on the bridge. The only fun is when people get knocked off the bridge and we fight below it. Totally sucks. I come from other games where open world PVP is all there is so I know a bit about tactics and what makes for fun fights. The problem is getting people motivated to try such things. Its also difficult because everyone really needs to be on vent to be effective.