I get 4 shotted in Battlegrounds at my lvl

BobaFurz

Iam currently lvl 37 and when I meet Troopers around 10 lvl above me, I get shot to death in 4 hits around. Every 2-3 seconds he fires at me with around 2500 dmg, one knockback and it is game over. He doesnt even need to try, just standing and pressing 2 buttons one for knockback and one for his dmg skill. In other words Iam more or less dead in 6-7 seconds.

You can say that he has a big lvl advantage but:

* I cant kill a lvl 15 that fast

I dont know....such high dmg from range is just crazy. And Iam in really good gear for my lvl.

This is not much different than what we had with the operatives before the patch, game needs pvp brackets.

Edited by BobaFurz

You need to how to play dude.

His 2500dmg shots have a cast time (grav rounds).

You leape at him, force chope, interrupt, stun?, force push following up by leap.

Use your shield ability and 30% more health.

so many way's to kill a one button spammer.

It is around 2-3 seconds per shot, this is not a cast time, may GCD is around 2 seconds.

You attack him, dishing out some dmg and he fires already. He use knockback and until you are back at him ...you are dead.

With 2500 dmg per hit you have no chance at my lvl, since one knockback is enough to dish out the dmg to kill me.

What stun ? Iam anhi.

Edited by BobaFurz

leap = 2 sec stun

choke = 3/4? sec stun

do damage

interrupt his grav round

force push = 2 sec stun

force leap = again 2 sec stun

interrupt = 8sec cooldown? So with a bit of luck he can get 1 shot at you every 4 sec. While you don't use any of your abilities.

But yeah grav rounds are a pain in the ***.

leap = 2 sec stun

choke = 3/4? sec stun

do damage

interrupt his grav round

force push = 2 sec stun

interrupt = 8sec cooldown? So with a bit of luck he can get 1 shot at you every 4 sec. While you don't use any of your abilities.

With such high dmg this doesnt work when someone has ten lvl more than yourself, I need already double the time to kill someone 20 lvl under me, I kill them but not in such a short time.

The game needs brackets, dmg is just too high from higher lvls.

To use force leap to get back to someone is the best, but if you get attacked already you need to get in close first otherwise they wipe you from range.

I dont have that much problems with same lvl players, but the dmg of the higher ones is just a little too much for the same bracket. I use it but find it strange to use interrupt as a close combat class, since Iam the class who should do more dmg in close range instead of a ranged class without the need to interrupt their 30 meter dmg.

Something is wrong, If this would be the same issue with lvl 50 and good gear but I guess not, at least I hope.

Edited by BobaFurz

leap = 2 sec stun

choke = 3/4? sec stun

do damage

interrupt his grav round

force push = 2 sec stun

fail post fail

Leap is a 2 second ROOT.

Choke is a 3 second stun..that's channeled.

Marauders don't have force push...so..yea..no leap -> push -> leap.

To OP.

kick, force camo, and choke are integral to taking down a merc/commando. With practice you'll find that once you can intrupt their tracer/grav round spam they really have nothing they can do since it's so important to their dps rotation.

Alright thx, but dont tell me at lvl 50 with good armor you need to interrupt the dmg of a range class to win the fight...this would be a terrible class balance. If it is a skill used versus heals alright and it would be a gimmick against channeled dmg, but if it would be needed to kill a ranged class than the class system is questionable.

Do you really need to kill this ranged class at lvl 50 with same good high end gear ?

Edited by BobaFurz

It is around 2-3 seconds per shot, this is not a cast time, may GCD is around 2 seconds.

You attack him, dishing out some dmg and he fires already. He use knockback and until you are back at him ...you are dead.

With 2500 dmg per hit you have no chance at my lvl, since one knockback is enough to dish out the dmg to kill me.

What stun ? Iam anhi.

not sure if troll....

but just in cast it's not:

Charge on bad guy, interrupt badguy, if you can't interrupt him use one of your millions of CD's to negate badguys damage. Dot badguy, choke badguy. YOU WON!

Edited by Ultratron

Alright thx, but dont tell me at lvl 50 with good armor you need to interrupt the dmg of a range class to win the fight...this would be a terrible class balance. If it is a skill used versus heals alright and it would be a gimmick against channeled dmg, but if it would be needed to kill a ranged class than the class system is questionable.

Do you really need to kill this ranged class at lvl 50 with same good high end gear ?

... Are you asking the people in this thread if you need to use your abilities to kill ranged classes at 50?

... Are you asking the people in this thread if you need to use your abilities to kill ranged classes at 50?

No i just want to make sure if I understand this correct, so please. Do you need to interrupt the dmg output of a ranged class in close combat to succeed at endgame or is it rather used for interrupting heals ?

Edited by BobaFurz

No i just want to make sure if I get an answer of my question, but I guess they dont want.

At level 50 you will be using abilities besides your damaging abilities to kill things. That's what PvP is. You use your interrupts in PvP to interrupt cast times and negate damage, you use your defensive CD's in PvP to stay alive.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking... but it seems like you think that using our abilities to win a fight is unfair.

If this is your mindset and you would rather just hit 1 or 2 buttons, I would highly suggest trying out a new class, because Marauder is the total opposite of that. I would suggest looking at a Merc BH if that's what you're looking for.

fail post fail

Leap is a 2 second ROOT.

Choke is a 3 second stun..that's channeled.

Marauders don't have force push...so..yea..no leap -> push -> leap.

To OP.

kick, force camo, and choke are integral to taking down a merc/commando. With practice you'll find that once you can intrupt their tracer/grav round spam they really have nothing they can do since it's so important to their dps rotation.

Sorry didn't know for sure about the push. But leap is also interrupt (jugg).

Choke is channeld but also damaging.

At level 50 you will be using abilities besides your damaging abilities to kill things. That's what PvP is. You use your interrupts in PvP to interrupt cast times and negate damage, you use your defensive CD's in PvP to stay alive.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking... but it seems like you think that using our abilities to win a fight is unfair.

If this is your mindset and you would rather just hit 1 or 2 buttons, I would highly suggest trying out a new class, because Marauder is the total opposite of that. I would suggest looking at a Merc BH if that's what you're looking for.

Well my question is if you actually need to repress the dps of ranged class so that your own dps wins. So if the ranged class actually out dps you when you are going tow on tow and you need to interrupt them.

Iam not interested in a 1 or 2 button class since maurader is the class which has at least some standard of demanding skills like in many other mmorpgs. And so far I didnt play such a class, Iam playing Powertech, Operative, Sorcerer and Maurader currently. If I want to play a 1 or 2 button class I play fps games.

Edited by BobaFurz

Yes, you probably do need to interrupt range classes to kill them. You should interrupt everything you can, and keep your damage mitigation skills and relics on cooldown too.

I can't tell you what happens at 50 against an equally geared ranged dps without interrupting, because I do it by impulse.

Well my question is if you actually need to repress the dps of ranged class so that your own dps wins. So if the ranged class actually out dps you when you are going tow on tow and you need to interrupt them.

Yes. You DO need to suppress the ranged classes DPS to beat them. Only to a point though. Interrupts really only come into super significant play against healers and casters, i.e. sages and sorcs. Anything other than those classes just has one or two abilities that NEED to be interrupted. For any Warrior/Knight, it'd be Choke/Stasis. For Any Trooper/BH, it'd be Grav Round/Tracer Missle. For any Smuggler/Agent, i'm not really sure.

But yeah, the only classes that REQUIRE you to interrupt them to beat are healers and casters. The others you can still win against, interrupts just make it easier. I would only reccomend doing it agains BH's and Troopers. You throw a SERIOUS wrench in a troopers gears if you interrupt his gravs. BH's can still get ya without TM, but it will help if you take away their most spammable move.

Lets take for example the grav round, wouldnt it be interesting to test this in a duel. With both in the same gear if you guys outdps them in close combat without interrupting or not.

I would love to test this but at my lvl the gear difference is too much. Damn this game needs really a combat log.

Edited by BobaFurz

Iam not interested in a 1 or 2 button class since maurader is the class which has at least some standard of demanding skills like in many other mmorpgs. And so far I didnt play such a class, Iam playing Powertech, Operative, Sorcerer and Maurader currently. If I want to play a 1 or 2 button class I play fps games.

Marauder damage is great, don't worry about that. I think you're a little confused on how exactly PvP works though.

Your damage is equal, but the ranged class has the obvious advantage of hitting you from further away. To compensate for this, you have the ability to close the gap and stifle their damage and you also have a lot more defensive CD's. They will have tools to keep you off of them just like you will have tools to stay on them.

PvP is like a chess game, and I'm pretty sure you're a Checkers kind of guy.

Edited by Ultratron

Marauder damage is great, don't worry about that. I think you're a little confused on how exactly PvP works though.

Your damage is equal, but the ranged class has the obvious advantage of hitting you from further away. To compensate for this, you have the ability to close the gap and stifle their damage and you also have a lot more defensive CD's. They will have tools to keep you off of them just like you will have tools to stay on them.

PvP is like a chess game, and I'm pretty sure you're a Checkers kind of guy.

Well Iam not new to mmos and I know the basics, but it is new for me that a ranged class with heavily armor and heals has in CLOSE combat the allegedly similar dmg output like a close combat class and I would even wonder more if this ranged class would actually outdps you in close combat. For me this sounds broken first, since a ranged class should have a disadvantage in the dmg output in close range with such a setup. But thats why this class gets the interruption.

Edited by BobaFurz

Well Iam not new to mmos and I know the basics, but it is new for me that a ranged class with heavily armor and heals has in CLOSE combat the allegedly similar dmg output like a close combat class and I would even wonder more if this ranged class would actually outdps you in close combat. For me this sounds broken first, since a ranged class should have a disadvantage in the dmg output in close range with such a setup. But thats why this class gets the interruption.

Well here is the thing, you are not really asking questions, you're making assumptions about things you don't know.

Like was said previously, at a melee range you you will have a huge advantage.

Your damage is equal to that of a Merc as Anni, but you will take a little time to ramp it up compared to a Merc who is all front-load damage. But that really doesn't matter because you can 100% put a halt in his damage with your 5 defensive cd's and 2 interrupts.

Edited by Ultratron

Well here is the thing, you are not really asking questions, you're making assumptions about things you don't know.

Like was said previously, at a melee range you you will have a huge advantage.

Your damage is equal to that of a Merc as Anni, but you will take a little time to ramp it up compared to a Merc who is all front-load damage. But that really doesn't matter because you can 100% put a halt in his damage with your 5 defensive cd's and 2 interrupts.

3 Interrupts. Intimidating Roar is almost overpowered.

Intimidating Roar + Camo + runtohealthpack = lolgg

Let me explain how it works.

Commando have something called -CAST TIME-, may seen weird for you to think, but that is exactly where the balance is at.

When you hit a skill, it deals damage. But when they hit a skill, it takes 1.5 seconds to do damage, which can be pushback'd (they will spec for 70% reduction) and interrupted.

They want to heal? They will have to cast a 2.5 seconds skill in order to heal, and it's more likely they wont have the pushback talent on heal if they are damage dealers, which makes 2.5 seconds painful 4 seconds if you are under attack. A Marauder in 4 seconds can probably outdps that incoming heal, or just press that magical button, and interrupt it. (tip: wait their cast bar to be at around 70-80% to interrupt it, depending on your latency, so you make them waste time for nothing.)

Your interrupt is out of the global cooldown, you can use it with, and between attacks for a low rage cost.

If you let them cast at you and just trade blows like a unskilled player, you may win... or may not, RNG can bless either of you on crits, and damage rolls. But whoever survives, will be easy pray for the next guy that will jump you in the next five seconds anyway.

So.. interrupt! choke, pull cooldowns. Avoiding damage is just as important as dealing damage, a dead marauder can't hit things. Think about the next guy who will jump on you after that 1v1, or maybe during it. It's better to have 80% HP than 20% just because you refused to press an extra button...

Marauder isn't for lazy people, you have to use ALL your abilities. Really, more than any class, Marauders have the biggest numbers of abilities to press in order to be sucessful in combat. And when you do it right, you start to shine and see the difference between a good and a bad marauder.

For me this sounds broken first, since a ranged class should have a disadvantage in the dmg output in close range with such a setup. But thats why this class gets the interruption.

If you're asking do ranged classes output less raw damage at close range, the answer is a very simple no.

I don't understand why you think this is broken, if this was a typical fantasy MMO, a mage would not do less damage casting his fireball at point blank vs max range.

If you're asking do ranged classes output less raw damage at close range, the answer is a very simple no.

I don't understand why you think this is broken, if this was a typical fantasy MMO, a mage would not do less damage casting his fireball at point blank vs max range.

I was thinking about Hunters, mage have the lightest armor and get hurt a lot in close combat. In the games I played before, a warrior class who actually has to get in close range and is therefore more easy damageable by the souroundings has heavy armor. Mages have light armor and need to avoid close combat otherwise they die, ranged hunters could not do their fully dps in close combat and had problems with heavy armored opponents.

At the end both ranged classes had to kite a warrior class and could not tank a close combat class, doing possibly the same or even more dmg. Doesnt matter if with or without interrupts in form of stuns or silence. Thats why my first thought was that this sounds broken

But alright, swtor is a different game and for me personal a Maurader not a true warrior class, rather a combat rogue without stealth. :D

My further questions was, if ranged classes out dps close combat classes in close range and therefore you have to use interrupt. Without a duel test or combat log there is no chance to say this if both are in same gear.

Well thank you for all the contribution here, really great :)

Edited by BobaFurz

I was thinking about Hunters, mage have the lightest armor and get hurt a lot in close combat.

Not sure what MMO you've been playing but armor is typically not a big factor in PvP. Your bleeds are not effected by armor. A guy running around with 5k armor dies nearly just as fast as a guy running around with 1k armor.