playing swtor makes me nautious

Bobiefatt

Especially when im playing on my Sorcerer.

The purple flashes make my eyes hurt and give me vision problems.

When ever i try to play my Sorcerer i have to stop after a while because i start to see black spots.

Its hard to discribe really, but it make me impossible to focus.

First time i noticed it, was while playing my main in a flashpoint together with another sorcerer.

The whirlwind animation made me turn the camera away, just to don't have to look at the whirlwind animations.

If i continue to play for more then 15 minutes with my or another sorc around i start feeling dizzy.

I wonder if more people are affected by this?

And what could be done about it? Or maybe the issue is already known to Bioware.

Not sure if trolling, but I'll give OP the benefit of doubt - I'd rather assume he's serious since health is no joking matter.

Doesn't happen to me, though I'm not sensitive to such stuff.

Maybe OP should try playing a Sage, their effects are different enough and the playsyle is similar. If he wants to change his playstyle, the Agent has less flashy effects.

When ever i try to play my Sorcerer i have to stop after a while because i start to see black spots.

Not trying to be rude...

But in all honesty that sounds like a problem you should see a doctor about.

Hoth and Belsavis really mess up my eyes though thankfully I use an LCD TV as a monitor so I can just mess with the colour and brightness settings on my TV and save a special "I NEED SKI GOGGLES FOR THIS BLOODY PLANET!" setting that I can switch to while playing.

Not sure what to suggest for the lightning though but Sage has less flashy special effects.

Not trying to be rude...

But in all honesty that sounds like a problem you should see a doctor about.

Yes, i can see where that would be going.

Can't play a Sith inquisiter doc ....

On a serious note, just look into a lamp or take a look at the sun by accident.

That's the idea im talking about. other then that my eyes are fine.

But i can't stand the flashing lights from sorcerer spells.

I know more people have this problem as i was reading a topic about it last week.

And no im not going to play another class or anything, this Sorcerer is just an alt which i won't be playing anymore.

Then stop playing

Pretty simple solution!

I beta tested WOW and left never to touch game again

The number one complaint I had was it was just so dumbed down and mindless compared to what had come before it.

But the deal breaker was

The neon colors combines with the sloppy graphics gave me a head ache after any sort of substained play!

Every single day I tried to play, my eyes got sore and I developed a head ache from WOW

So I didnt play it

Simple

If TOR hurts your eyes, cancel account, delete game from computer, move on to a game that doesnt hurt your eyes.

Not to be rude but seems like a pretty simple solution to me.

Unless they get a rash of feedback saying this result, I wouldnt expect them to care honestly.

With WOW, I sent in my feedback before I left, so they knew what part of problem was, and left.

PS: Never heard anyone complain of this in TOR.

Your first Ive heard of.

Ive heard complaints about graphics sure but nothing that causes black spots and what not.

As someone else suggested, you might wanna see a eye doctor about your vision as I know black spots are a pre cursor to future eye troubles.

Just a suggestion

Edited by Kalfear

It is being handled in next patch and also, don't use a crap monitor.

I get physically ill by my full hd 22" monitor so I ordered a brand new "real" monitor instead :)

Im using a 17 inch LED screen (laptop)

And maby black spot was not a good way to describe it.

Just think of soure eyes, look into a lamp or a seccond to long into the sun.

That idea, after that i can't focus on 1 spot anymore without getting flashes in my sight.

And with my eyes is nothing wrong, i know because everytime if i get a medical test i get complimented for my perfect vision.

After i shut my eyes for about 30 minutes or take a nap, then its gone.

And no, im not quiting the game or whatever, like i said i only have this sometimes when there is a sorcerer around.

I leveled my sorc to level 25 and never had the issue, it just happend last week for the first time.

Then i wonderd if i was tyred, now this morning i have it again.

Edited by Bobiefatt

Its hard to discribe really, but it make me impossible to focus.

First time i noticed it, was while playing my main in a flashpoint together with another sorcerer.

The whirlwind animation made me turn the camera away, just to don't have to look at the whirlwind animations.

If i continue to play for more then 15 minutes with my or another sorc around i start feeling dizzy.

I wonder if more people are affected by this?

And what could be done about it? Or maybe the issue is already known to Bioware.

So dont play the game if you're photosensitive, problem solved.

Most people don't know how to calibrate their monitors.

There are programs to do so.

Probably, you have the balances pretty messed up.

If isn't that, then is a visual problem, or even a mental one (Is very usual some degree of photophobia, a lot of people have it, and learn to deal with it).

I'm very prone to headaches, and I don't blame the game: adjust my TV, mi balances, and my place of game to avoid the worst.