The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Alacrity for Powertechs?

TheThrace

Has anyone experimented with this? I realize it would take alot of remodding and whatnot so may not be worth it but if you could reduce CDs for rocket punch, immolate, thermal detonator stuff like that wouldn't you be doing crazy damage. I can see the drawbacks being using them faster may overheat you and it may not make up for the lost crit/surge/power but was just wondering.

Alacrity grants reduction to cast and channel times, not cooldowns.

For Powertechs, it only affects Unload and Flame Thrower (and probably unintentionally Recharge and Reload), thus it is useless.

Edited by Mapex

Generally speaking; sure you could dole skills twice as fast; but you're doing the _same_ amount of damage because each skill does half damage, and the ability to have a higher BPS just isn't there anymore. I tried it with a sage; the only use it has is for coupling crit heals. DPS wise it's a lolfail idea.

Unload, Death from Above and Emergency Fleet Pass, Speeder Summon, Recharge and reload, Cylinder's activation time, that's what you reduce when having alacrity.

Yes, no Flame Thrower.

It's useless if you ask me.

Problem with that stat for us, and operatives even.

Is no matter how much Alacrity you have your Heat/Energy regen will always be the same. So you finish that cast quicker, great, if you use another ability to soon you'll have to rapid shot to lower your heat down and potentially lose DPS....

Alacrity is benefical for DfA and Flamethrower and Unload I guess. They aren't gonna make you overheat much faster.

It is just these attacks are not common and why would you a stat that increases your uncommon abilties when stats like power boost everything, or accuracy which benefits pyrotechs a lot.