The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

x-server pvp makes me a sad panda

Eboo-Kauri

More people that you're going to lose to?

Yes, but that might not be a bad thing...

I can lose to people that I will not later be looking to join for an operation or HM flashpoint, so they will not know what a terrible PvPer I am, thus increasing the likelihood that they will not reject me for PvE content. :mon_tongue:

Seriously, I am terrible at PvP. Horrid.

Unfortunately for all of you PvPers out there, Bioware has placed some unique looks in the PvP vendor's stock, meaning that if I want it, PvP is the only place that I know to get it. Not to mention the battlemaster armor being clearly superior to the best armor that I can craft.

That means that I will be joining your team, not enjoying myself overly much, and dragging you down with me while I suck my way through the event.

The question is, will the other side have someone even worse than me, or maybe more people just as bad, or will you and the rest of your team have to rise above my ineptitude to deliver victory, not just for yourself, but to me as well?

Yeah, I oppose it too. What are the pros of having cross server pvp?

Lots more people to play against. What are the cons?

I've already heard "ruins community", and i don't buy it.

I've also heard "allows people to act like degenerates". Well, they already do.

So, I'm not sure what the downside is.

I actually don't need more people to play against, I think the queues are acceptable (at least on my server, I'm sorry if that isn't the case on your server and that's where you base that 'pro' on).

And acting like a degenerate is not very common either. People don't.

I actually don't need more people to play against, I think the queues are acceptable (at least on my server, I'm sorry if that isn't the case on your server and that's where you base that 'pro' on).

the community for this game sucks anyway. ITs not like we have big 20 v 20 or 50 v 50 wz's/areas where we need to talk/mix with each other to win. Its only 8v8(ilum doesnt count, just look at it). u roll ur group of 4 and pray that the other 4 guys are decent.

100% agree....shorter queues=awesome, and cross server pvp doesn't ruin community at all...cross server dungeon finder's are a different story and as far as people acting like degenerates i can tell you as one of the people that does so in the WZ's that cross server will not change that...lol.

the community for this game sucks anyway. ITs not like we have big 20 v 20 or 50 v 50 wz's/areas where we need to talk/mix with each other to win. Its only 8v8(ilum doesnt count, just look at it). u roll ur group of 4 and pray that the other 4 guys are decent.

Absolutely, but as pvp looks right now (right now) there is no point of having cross servers. The warzones don't need it to be filled, they are all designed for 8v8. If larger warzones with, as you say, 20v20 or even 50v50 (lagfest bro :D) I would support having cross servers, otherwise those queues would be unacceptably long.

Ok.. lvl 11-49 pvp in mind...

cross server pvp cant come fast enough. There is no reason to queue at the moment. Too long queues and if you have few characters that you would like to "get" that win, it will take hours. Yeah you might win but there's that "no win" bug atleast once per day if lucky. People wont queue that much and bad quality of games is keeping the few from queuing.

I dont get this rivalry thing that people say its the main reason. Who cares about your opponent? I would rather just play against randoms. It doesnt have to be 10 servers in one group. It can be like 2 or 3 servers where atleast one has to be heavy on the other side.

And no, im not one of the "pve scrubs" that tries to get the daily done. I prefer pvp over pve in any game but I just happen to have many characters.

Edited by katohan

The argument that it ruins community might be valid if World PvP was worth a damn.

The whole "but it destroys communities!" argument is ridiculous too. What communities? There is no real community outside of guilds, at least on my server.

Regardless, bioware already stated that cross-server warzones are coming so I guess you people are **** out of luck.

Because people are afraid of challenges and their reputation as the best pvp premade/pugs are on the brink. :p

Absolutely, but as pvp looks right now (right now) there is no point of having cross servers. The warzones don't need it to be filled, they are all designed for 8v8. If larger warzones with, as you say, 20v20 or even 50v50 (lagfest bro :D) I would support having cross servers, otherwise those queues would be unacceptably long.

without community it doesnt matter, the wz's are no different from cod/halo matchmaking and allowing xsever healps the people that are still geting tons of huttball and the late heads(pvp gets slow at 3am). I see no downside.

So YOU don't have queue problems therefore eff the people that do have ridiculously long queues on the numerous low pop servers. Basically people like you are saying you would rather have people not able to play the game due to outrageous queues because you might suffer a small inconvenience in not playing the same 20 people over and over. Thankfully BW has its head on straight in this case.