Jaesa Willsaam and me... NOT a love story.

rooklv

So, I need rep with Jaesa as I'm synthweaving and making important things is taking a little too long. I can't figure out how to run dailies with her without all the downtime and It's killing me. Is it possible to either:

A: Grab and turn in quests with her and then do the actual work with Quinn? (Less desired. Tired of "Didn't lose you" and "For the Empire" constantly.)

B: Just use her full time without having to spend all that time resurrecting and recuperating after every fight? (More desired. So ready for a change in cast at this point.)

If I'm not doing something right and someone has the magic formula for DPS/Non-healer companion win, I'm all ears! Pretty sure I'd like to get some rep with the rest as time goes on, and gifts are annoying and expensive.

So, I need rep with Jaesa as I'm synthweaving and making important things is taking a little too long. I can't figure out how to run dailies with her without all the downtime and It's killing me. Is it possible to either:

A: Grab and turn in quests with her and then do the actual work with Quinn? (Less desired. Tired of "Didn't lose you" and "For the Empire" constantly.)

B: Just use her full time without having to spend all that time resurrecting and recuperating after every fight? (More desired. So ready for a change in cast at this point.)

If I'm not doing something right and someone has the magic formula for DPS/Non-healer companion win, I'm all ears! Pretty sure I'd like to get some rep with the rest as time goes on, and gifts are annoying and expensive.

Disable her 15% crit buff, and her saber ward, and use them manually. Against elites, send her in first, you will pull aggro shortly thereafter. Shouldn't even need to use defensive cooldowns that way, but if you're fighting multiple elites, have her off-tank one with saber ward up, and you tank the other, but make sure you focus fire. You can accomplish that by having her go in first to whack the off-tank elite, then jump on yours and force her to attack yours. She should then be off-tanking the second elite, while you have aggro on the main elite. You should be able to solo most heroic 2's that way, but dont try heroic 4s.

I'm using her all the time and having no problems (granted we're talking about solo quests although it's possible to do hc2 with smart cd usage). You have to remember a few things though:

1. Keep her geared. And I mean really geared. She can wreck but she needs good equipment. My Jaesa has a mix of lvl 49-50 epics and some oranges with 22+ epic mods in with a weapon from Kaon HM. She crits regularily for ~1.3k with autoattack alone.

2. Turn off everything and leave only first 3 + lightning on. Use her big cds (Blade Ward and Combat Acumen) manually depending on what's needed. Also, arp stance.

3. It's no big deal to me to channel heal for 5 secs after a fight, especially how with Quinn I would still be fighting but to shorten the downtime, get yourself that infamous water from Hoth (everyone knows about it so cba pretending that it's not there). Instant, uot of combat 8-9k heal with 10s cd. When you use it, click off the buff it gives you and you're good to go.

Imo, compared to pansy Quinn whom I would brutalize without even thinking about it if given a chance, I'm finding going with Jaesa actually interesting and fast paced since I have to stay on my toes and mobs die very fast.

Edited by gibmachine

Pick 'A'

I do something similar on my Assassin, I summon the companion I want rep for then run around picking up all the quests then I get my healer and go do the quests. Resummon the original companion for hand ins if there is additional rep choices, if it's a straight hand in with no dialogue option you don't even need to resummon them.

Rep is earned when you pick dialogue options with the current companion, the rep is awarded on quest completion regardless of the companion you have out on hand in. There is never any need to do the quests with the companion active, always use the most useful one.

I'm using her all the time and having no problems (granted we're talking about solo quests although it's possible to do hc2 with smart cd usage). You have to remember a few things though:

*Drops science*

Imo, compared to pansy Quinn whom I would brutalize without even thinking about it if given a chance, I'm finding going with Jaesa actually interesting and fast paced since I have to stay on my toes and mobs die very fast.

I'll give this a shot when I get home from work. I just figured this would be a pure profit way to get rep with her, or vette, or the two tanks.

Pick 'A'

Which is a perfectly viable fall back should the preceding science not go according to Hoyle. Thanks for the confirmation of what I thought would work as a work around to what I WAS doing which pretty much went:

"OMG STOP DYING YOU LIGHT SIDED HUSSY!"

*res*

*heal*

*grumble*

*pull*

I'll give this a shot when I get home from work. I just figured this would be a pure profit way to get rep with her, or vette, or the two tanks.

It is. Actually I'm doing it myself with Pierce, Quinn and Broonmark via Ilum / Belsavis dailies. It's just that I find Jaesa to be more suited to my playstyle than Quinn. That playstyle being "jump in, viciously run through mobs, quick heal, repeat" as opposed to "jump in, mash whatever since you can't die anyway, engage next pack after 5 mins of boring".

Also, it might be just me but I generally prefer to keep all aggro on myself. Between my cds, self-heals and medpack, I have no issues staying alive and I'm not worrying about Jaesa randomly dying. Even if I'm low after some nasty chainpull I can simply pop water and go on.

Edited by gibmachine

So, after spending a little bit of money and daily tokens... I can actually use her. And mobs do just fall over. Haven't tried soloing a +2, but didn't try that with quinn either. Thank Gibmachine! Edited by rooklv

[...]

3. It's no big deal to me to channel heal for 5 secs after a fight, especially how with Quinn I would still be fighting but to shorten the downtime, get yourself that infamous water from Hoth (everyone knows about it so cba pretending that it's not there). Instant, uot of combat 8-9k heal with 10s cd. When you use it, click off the buff it gives you and you're good to go.

[...]

What infamous water ? And more importantly, where do I get it ?