I simple mistake that could make your HEALER unplayable (new poeple must read)

lexiekaboom

The point the OP was making was not Aim or Cunning users were gimp or not able to heal. The point was it is MUCH easier for a sorc to heal than the other two classes. The sorc can do more, do it easier and do it better.

So coming here and saying "I have a 50 blablabla" and I heal fine does not address what his point was.

I believe the point folks are making with their 'I have a 50' statement is that they do not find it hard to heal with.

I believe the point folks are making with their 'I have a 50' statement is that they do not find it hard to heal with.

or they havent tried nm or 16m content where the differance is so much more apparent.

either REMOVE 16man content, or make all aoe heals hit unlimited amount of people.

either add utility to operatives or add much more raw healing/damage

etcetcetc.

having both a sorc and an operative, the differance in healing is huge.

it is not that with the operative i cant heal hms, or be usefull in 8man content up until hm, it is that sorc is much better than me in every aspect of healing.

aoe healing? sorc is god

utility? sorc has some, merc has the best tank buffs

mobility? sorc and operative are tied

single target healing? merc is the best followed by sorc+operative.

sustain? all 3 in moderate damage situations have 0 costs, in burst situations sorc wins

so, i get why someone would pick merc, he is THE tank healer, but give me 1 reason why one would pick operative instead of sorc in a raid.

This post is dumb. I'm a tank and I have an op healer in my group who has healed me through everything the game has to offer, every single HM FP and what we've done of ops. (I'm equipped with 5set columi and rakata bracers/belt) She said sorc heals were easy mode too, til she rolled one up and got her to 50.

With her sorc healing me, I die more often and have to use many more health pots in the same situations. In other words, its TWICE as expensive for her to take her sorc than op. Maybe that's just my PT tank but those sorc shields seems disappointing to me and I know it's not player ineptitude because she is the best healer I've ever mmoed with.

So for you Op healers reading this thread, this tank loves you :)

Edited by Prolyfic

This post is dumb. I'm a tank and I have an op healer in my group who has healed me through everything the game has to offer, every single HM FP and what we've done of ops. (I'm equipped with 5set columi and rakata bracers/belt) She said sorc heals were easy mode too, til she rolled one up and got her to 50.

With her sorc healing me, I die more often and have to use many more health pots in the same situations. In other words, its TWICE as expensive for her to take her sorc than op. Maybe that's just my PT tank but those sorc shields seems disappointing to me and I know it's not player ineptitude because she is the best healer I've ever mmoed with.

So for you Op healers reading this thread, this tank loves you :)

As an Op healer, this is great to read. I have no trouble being the only healer for our whole group when doing HMs. Energy management is the key.

With a decent tank, anyone can heal through a HM. The problem comes in Operations.

Essentially, a Sorc/Sage can do everything a Ops or Merc can do, and often better. More importantly, some of the PvE Operation encounters even almost require a Sorc/Sage -- for example in EV with the elevator drop portion, the entire team takes fall damage and needs to be brought up quickly. Since Sorcs/Sages have their unlimited number healing puddle, Sorcs/Sages can do this with ONE cast. Meanwhile, Ops AoE is limited to three targets, and not only that, its not even a proper AoE heal -- all it does is apply weak HoTs. Mercs have a similar problem with target limitations, and both classes can't even prioritize heals (it hits people at random) so its possible to heal all the wrong people.

This wouldn't be too bad if Sorcs/Sages had any downsides, but they currently don't. The ONLY, ONLY negative thats possible is that the Sorc/Sage mana pool runs out, but any Sorc/Sgae with their salt will never let this happen (due to the broken mechanics of the class). Therein, now the Sorc/Sage has NO RESOURCE LIMITATIONS when compared to Mercs or Ops, and not only that the mechanics are easier to boot.

Further, all the utility is given to Sorcs/Sages. They have Pulls, they have Force Run, they have stuns and slows. The real kicker though, is they have the absolute best heal in the game, the "Sorc/Sage Bubble" which is 4000k of damage mitigation straight up. This trumps absolutely every ability than any other class.

So in reality, here's the breakdown:

Main Tank heal -- Merc, followed slightly behind by Sorc/Sage

AoE heal -- Sorc/Sage by a mile

Resource Management -- Sorc/Sage by a mile

Utility -- Sorc/Sage by a mile

Emergency Healing -- Sorc/Sage by a mile

Mobility -- Sorc Sage, followed closely by Ops

Survivability -- Sorc/Sage, followed by Merc

See that? Sorc/Sage tops everything except main tank heal, and even then, they aren't far behind.

Because of this, here's the the REAL class breakdown:

Commando/Merc -- Main Tank Healer

Sorc/Sage -- Raid Healer/ Toolbox Healer

Scoundrel/Ops -- "I can't find a Sorc/Sage" Healer

FInal thought -- now, in PvP with the ranked teams coming down the pipeline, everyone will want to min/max their team, and now this problem will carry over to PvP as well.

The point of the OP isn't that aim/cunning healers can't heal, it's that willpower healers can heal and DPS. Not to mention Shield. At endgame the Shield is something like 3500 effective HP (including the +20%). This can be cast on a single target every 20 seconds, which comes out to 175 HPS.

Properly geared and specced Mercs will rarely overheat and can put out higher single-target sustained healing than sorcerors are capable of.

er if all 4 ticks of healing trance crit its over a 7k heal

THAT is the largets single target heal in the game.

Umm scoundrels don't just spam heals. Can't talk about troopers but...

On my scoundrel, I can toss around vital shots, toss my grenade/headshot weak mobs, Crotch kick stronger mobs so the tank takes less damage, allowing me to use my auto shot. I can pistol whip so I at least gain a stack of upper hand for my energy use. Air strike is another nice ability to cast as the tank is going in. Backblast is fairly inexpensive.

I think the OP probably relies on shields but, a HoT does basically the same thing. During light damage, you can just hot people up and do a bit of dps. Energy management just takes thinking.

I think the OP probably relies on shields but, a HoT does basically the same thing. During light damage, you can just hot people up and do a bit of dps. Energy management just takes thinking.

Mitigation is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS better than HoTs. 4000k off the top of damage vs 600k every three second (assuming a double-stack, starting at second 3)? The former saves lives, the latter is a top-off.

If you don't understand this, you should quit healing.

Further, there is some weird rumor going around that Scoundrel/Sage is a HoT healer -- anyone who has experience with the class knows this is far, far from the truth. We have one HoT -- it requires double stacking and only does about 600k every three seconds. Considering that my white damage does this to an enemy player every cooldown, its impossible for the double stack HoT to keep anyone alive.

The main purpose of the HoT is to generate TA/UI for SP/EM spamming (pray to the RNG gods!). Secondary purpose is to top off people. Real HoT healing isn't even a consideration....

Edited by Doki