People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

or c) create your own pre-made group! and your problem is solved.. now u dont have to deal with the "bad players" or the "quitters"

my point of view may be damaging as u say it could be.. however my playstyle doesn't affect 7 other people in the group!

I do run premades, but they're few and far between due to scheduling playtime issues, but we all suck, and none of us are in decent (Champ etc) PvP gear etc, so I end up solo most of the time.

By forum standards, I'd probably be a bad player, despite going for objectives and the like.

The only matches I leave are 0-5 in 5 min Huttball games. Does my leaving affect 7 other people using the farming time as a TDM? No. It'll affect the guy who replaces me, but since most players (on my server, at least) treat HB as TDM, it's a gamble I'm willing to take.

Am I part of the problem you and your ilk seem to be so vehemently against? Yes. Am I being punished for wanting to find a more even playing field, after the current game has been lost (but stubbornly refuses to end)? I'd say yes, but ymmv.

When ranked WZs come in, and I'm queued against equally skilled players, and things are generally more competitive, maybe I'll queue up more often.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the AFK ban stick is next... don't u worry

Awesome logic:

- State of pvp is bad because people quit. So why do people quit?

- They're trying to grind the system that the game developer created by dropping out of groups with bad players, or leaving warzones they don't want to play because they don't have a choice.

- Hmmm, let's punish quitters with a penalty. People normally start at the root of the problem, but let's just deal with the result and ignore the root of the problem. That'll fix it.

- Cool. People stopped leaving, we are teh awesome!1!1!one!!1!1

- Oh noes, instead of leaving they're AFKing now. WE GOTTA BAN THEMSSSS!!!!1!1!1!1!1!!1!!

- Oh crap, we banned so many people and never fixed the original problem so people left en masse , now we can no longer support the game.

- Game Shuts down.

Run with that awesome logic, genius.

I've reached the end of my tether as well - the situation on TOFN is getting terrible.

The excuses about getting overrun by premades, playing with lesser skilled players are all void - you are playing an mmo, other players are a part of it.

As for not getting anything out of Champion commendations, since yourself and comp's are all geared out isn't really getting to me either - sure I don't have use for them either, but that doesn't entitle me to leave and ensure a loss for my fellow teammates.

If a one hour lockout makes players quit, so be it - I wont really shed any tears, I might even cheer since it will be a gain for the remaineder of the population, that actually want to play. As it is now, I think more people will leave the game, as they repeatedly get their gaming experience ruined by people who obviously can't deal with adversity.

The option of shutting down the WZ in case there is a lack of players, is so wide open for exploits, that it should'nt be considered a viable option.

Hope to see an upcoming solution!

Kind regards.

the AFK ban stick is next... don't u worry

is this a lot of peoples first mmo? i mean this has happen in at least 3 mmos that i've played!

Apparently it is. That much is evident. There's the few who believe every MMO that has quitter penalties ended up failing. Which is obviously false. Because every MMO with PVP that is still alive (most of them), still has quitter penalties.

I guess they mean that since they themselves no longer play, that the game failed. Maybe it failed for them, but obviously not realistically.

They haven't banned anyone for AFKing yet. And if they DO, do you really think that's going to positively affect warzones? People will just half-*** it and still lose. Forcing people into a losing situation, where hard work offers little reward, doesn't really make people rally.

How about they fix all of the warzone bugs and exploits, and change the dailies, so people don't WANT to quit or afk? They're just making the ragers rage more instead of fixing the actual problems with PvP.

They can't do that bro! These bads demand BLOOD!11!!!11!!!!!!

It's a 2012 released game (pretty much) With a multi-million pound budget and a more than healthy tester time frame.

The old "but it's 2 month old" defence doesn't cut it any more. They made a **** designed and buggy game, and should suffer for it.;

It's 2012, and Johnson & Johnson has been making Tylenol products for over 50 years, having spent billions in that time frame.

Yet they just recalled 570,000 units because of faulty design.

I guess they deserve to suffer and should go out of business because of it, right? :confused:

The funniest thing that makes me laugh so hard I shed tears are people who get something out of a so called "server pvp community"

I've left for people to pm me saying "I'm going to tell your guild leader, you're in for it now"

I just tell them to do it, he wouldn't give a crap. and alas, he DOESN'T

You didn't answer my question, kid. I asked you why you expect me to put forth effort that you and other players like you refuse to put forth?

"Because you are wrong" is not an answer to that question. I didn't expect you to be able to stand your ground with that question because your position is a losing one. You're here to cry because someone isn't holding your hand, and you're selfish.

You've proven my point for me. Thanks.

How do you know that he isn't trying as hard as you to win the match? Maybe he isn't geared well or is new to MMO's. You're response to just flame people an assume they aren't trying when your team is losing is ridiculous. There are plenty of other possible reasons to be losing a match other than "my team clearly isn't as good at this game as I am so I may as well just leave".

Want to know why you put forth the effort to win? So that you don't look like an idiot sitting there telling the whole game community that wants to read your post that you're going to throw a temper tantrum and rage quit when you're team is losing.

It's 2012, and Johnson & Johnson has been making Tylenol products for over 50 years, having spent billions in that time frame.

Yet they just recalled 570,000 units because of faulty design.

I guess they deserve to suffer and should go out of business because of it, right? :confused:

Yes. The world of business is a cut throat, back stabbing industry, you **** up, you suffer for it. simple.

Apparently it is. That much is evident. There's the few who believe every MMO that has quitter penalties ended up failing. Which is obviously false. Because every MMO with PVP that is still alive (most of them), still has quitter penalties.

I guess they mean that since they themselves no longer play, that the game failed. Maybe it failed for them, but obviously not realistically.

You know people still AFK tons in WoW even though you can vote-kick and there's a deserter debuff? People never got banned either, unless they were botting.

I'm not sure why you expect for SWTOR to magically fix all of these issues, while going down all of the same paths.

Edited by savionen

I've reached the end of my tether as well - the situation on TOFN is getting terrible.

The excuses about getting overrun by premades, playing with lesser skilled players are all void - you are playing an mmo, other players are a part of it.

As for not getting anything out of Champion commendations, since yourself and comp's are all geared out isn't really getting to me either - sure I don't have use for them either, but that doesn't entitle me to leave and ensure a loss for my fellow teammates.

If a one hour lockout makes players quit, so be it - I wont really shed any tears, I might even cheer since it will be a gain for the remaineder of the population, that actually want to play. As it is now, I think more people will leave the game, as they repeatedly get their gaming experience ruined by people who obviously can't deal with adversity.

The option of shutting down the WZ in case there is a lack of players, is so wide open for exploits, that it should'nt be considered a viable option.

Hope to see an upcoming solution!

Kind regards.

No love will be lost here, either, if it results in an exodus of habitual quitters from the game permanently. I'm sure Bioware, and Electronic Arts for that matter, have weighed that potential loss, as well.

If people love a game enough to continue playing, they'll continue paying. It's extremely unlikely, however, that anyone ever quits a game because of one thing they do not like. It's always because of a multitude of things in combination - unless real life interferes, in which case it could simply just be lack of money to be able to pay anymore.

How do you know that he isn't trying as hard as you to win the match? Maybe he isn't geared well or is new to MMO's. You're response to just flame people an assume they aren't trying when your team is losing is ridiculous. There are plenty of other possible reasons to be losing a match other than "my team clearly isn't as good at this game as I am so I may as well just leave".

Want to know why you put forth the effort to win? So that you don't look like an idiot sitting there telling the whole game community that wants to read your post that you're going to throw a temper tantrum and rage quit when you're team is losing.

This

Complaining about the people who aren't as good as you, which is hard to believe btw, doesn't serve you as it should. You come off as immature, lazy and bipolar. Bipolar because you did suggest some positive changes. Yet you continue to quit and refuse to compete, troll the community.

What is you toon name, and what server?

So here are my questions to you:

- Will this penalty force players to put in equal effort to work toward the objective?

- Does this penalty also solve the AFK problem?

- Does this penalty punish players that are victims of bug crashes and programming instability?

- Does this penalty encourage any other bad behavior or "playing the game not as intended" in your words (AFK, medal farming, etc etc)?

Be honest. Think for once.

1. No (on the equal effort), however chances are that players that WILL TRY are going to join the warzones and those who dont care will have much less of chance to join due to deserter buffs.

2. Bioware will solve the afk problem with due time (warnings, 1 day bans, 3 day bans) this is how many mmo's have done it and i dont see it any different here.

3. if you crash ever 10 minutes why are you Qeue'in up for 15 instances? if you crash and get a 15 minute penalty for leaving how does this affect you anyways? you are disconnected and chances are u cant come right back! i do agree that bug fixes need to be addressed for those poor souls who occasionally crash. but personally if i crash (which is almost non existent) 15 minutes isn't game breaking or rage quitting worthy and it only happens 1% of my play time.

4. people will always look for other ways to disrupt others. look in this thread! if it goes live i will afk, if it goes live i will run into the opposing team and not help, if it goes live i will cancel my sub! how about this... if it goes live i get 4 friends Qeue up and play with ppl i like and stop leaving the warzone at the first sign of a loss!

Yes. The world of business is a cut throat, back stabbing industry, you **** up, you suffer for it. simple.

You clearly aren't from America. Business' fail and the government just gives them money to stay afloat so that they can waste more money and fail again. That's the new system man, pssh, get with it.

And yes I'm being sarcastic.

You know people still AFK tons in WoW even though you can vote-kick and there's a deserter debuff? People never got banned either, unless they were botting.

I'm not sure why you expect for SWTOR to magically fix all of these issues, while going down all of the same paths.

Yep, I do know this. But it's far less widespread than it was before a deserter penalty. It was like the common cold before a penalty went in. By the time I quit playing, it had dwindled to be more like kidney stones in frequency comparison. Edited by Nangasaur

That explains why 6 people can't hold a door on Voidstar.

I don't leave games that are close, or where there's competition, or where there's a chance we can come back. I leave when my team is filled with idiots who don't even go after the objective or there's no way we can come back in a 5-0 huttball game, with 10 minutes left, and it's 8vs6 because Bioware decided that we didn't need any more people on our team.

I do hope you leave games where you are winning 5-0 as well, because not leaving such one-sided matches would make you a bit of a hypocrite.

This

Complaining about the people who aren't as good as you, which is hard to believe btw, doesn't serve you as it should. You come off as immature, lazy and bipolar. Bipolar because you did suggest some positive changes. Yet you continue to quit and refuse to compete, troll the community.

What is you toon name, and what server?

You looking for my server and toon name or his? Haha.

I do hope you leave games where you are winning 5-0 as well, because not leaving such one-sided matches would make you a bit of a hypocrite.

Winning 6-0 isn't fun usually, and I'm against farming the other team regardless. If my team is farming and nobody has the ball I'll go get it to score to end the game.

wow had this , you have to move you char every 2 min or something else you get kicked out with 15 min deserter debuff or if you did /afk or left u got debuff aswell it was perfect

And yet the habitual quitters in this game would like to believe otherwise. They will fight tooth and nail to try and convince everyone that it is non effective. Which is a total fallacy. It's very effective, considering the millions of people playing vs. the number of people who /ragefailquit or /ragefailafk in battlegrounds.

Then explain to me why you are still playing this game?

Clearly, in your eyes, BW has screwed up so badly, they don't deserve your money. Or anyone else's.

And yet the habitual quitters in this game would like to believe otherwise. They will fight tooth and nail to try and convince everyone that it is non effective. Which is a total fallacy. It's very effective, considering the millions of people playing vs. the number of people who /ragefailquit or /ragefailafk in battlegrounds.

People didn't AFK as much, but it made them lethargic. People would mindlessly attack whatever, go after objectives that didn't matter, fight people in the middle of nowhere. If people knew they were probably going to lose they'd just give up. Roll over and die for the other team.

Random people would just grab a mob that hit them for nothing so they'd stay in combat in AV.

WoW BGs were a bit different than SWTOR, though. 1-2 people afking in WoW was lame, but didn't hurt you that bad. 2 people AFKing in SWTOR and you're probably just going to lose. So unless they enforce not AFKing a ton, it's going to be really really bad.

Edited by savionen

Then explain to me why you are still playing this game?

Clearly, in your eyes, BW has screwed up so badly, they don't deserve your money. Or anyone else's.

They aren't getting my money. They did, once, but not now. Some of us tried to give them a chance and fell hook line and sinker for multi month subs.