please recommend some books

CaffeineBuzz

When I was in SWG I put up a similar request and many there recommended the Thrawn Trilogy, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm currently reading Darth Plaguis. Other than that, I have not read any other SW books. I'm open to anything. I jusr don't want to make the mistake of finding one out of sequence in a series.

When I was in SWG I put up a similar request and many there recommended the Thrawn Trilogy, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm currently reading Darth Plaguis. Other than that, I have not read any other SW books. I'm open to anything. I jusr don't want to make the mistake of finding one out of sequence in a series.

read revan the game is based off the end events of it

Thanks to The Old Republic I've Recently started re-reading some Star Wars novels. I started with Pre-Phantom Menace set Cloak of Deception, which is great, then Darth Maul Shadow Hunter, which I also enjoyed. Then Phantom Menace itself followed by Rogue Planet, by Greg Bear; which is highly unusual for a Star Wars book as it's mainly full of character development and cultural exploration of a planet rather than action. Currently reading The Approaching Storm, which is a prequel to Attack Of The Clones. Wikipedia has a full list of Star Wars books in chronological order. Link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_books

• 2 months later...
I thoroughly enjoyed Fatal Alliance and Revan (Revan was the better of the two) and am currently reading Deceived, which isnt too bad. Personally I'm enjoying the SWTOR books that have been released recently and I am waiting til the end of the year when the 4th of the series is released.

honestly, most of the SW book are poorly written at best.

I would suggest a good series like Jim Butchers, the Dresden Files. If you can help it at all, never read bad books.

Revan was a great book. Read it a few times...

Fatal Alliance was good for the first read but i found it boring after going back to it.

Id suggest the Darth Bane Trilogy, the books are really well written.

I'd also suggest the Han Solo Trilogy. Very fun to read.

Death Troopers and Red Harvest are great reads. Nice to see Zombies in SW haha.

A lot of people will turn away at the mention of the New Jedi Order books and the Vong wars BUT i find them a very good read. Some really good deaths of main characters and some really good character developments.

Also, ive just read all the X-Wing books and found them a good read. Not very intellectual books like some of the Pre Phantom Menace books but still a good action packed series.

read the old republic i have read "revan" and "deceived" and i'm reading "fatal alliance". the two i read were great highly recommend "revan" only 2 chapter into this one i'm reading but i'm expecting it to b good.

your playing swtor, read swtor my advice

Edited by grandmthethird

honestly, most of the SW book are poorly written at best.

I would suggest a good series like Jim Butchers, the Dresden Files. If you can help it at all, never read bad books.

I started to read the first of the Dresden Files books but I got distracted by something else. Must must get back to it as it seemed like a great concept.

As for Star Wars, I read The Trawn Trilogy (good up until the end) and the Jedi Search series (okay). The best ones I think are the novelisation of 'A New Hope' (great insights into Vader's character and loyalties) and 'Splinters of the Mind's Eye' both by Alan Dean Foster, and 'Shadow of the Empire'.

There was one book (I may have mentioned it above, haven't read any of them for 10 years +) which had Luke trapped on a planet with the creatures (they begin with Y) who create an anti-Force shield. Whoever wrote that REALLY understands what being a Jedi means. I would elaborate but... spoilers!

I recommend NJO series but it's a damn long one, 19 books and 3-4 e-novellas so if you're gonna read it all, it's gonna take some time. But Traitor from NJO series is an amazing book, Vergere is amazing.

Zahn, Stackpole, Allston, Denning. Those are the authors you should be reading. The rest is far more miss than hit.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, Denning is to the Jedi what Traviss was to the Mandalorians, thier golden infalable gods in his stories and TBH i'd bet the farm he uses toy lightsabers in all manner of debotchery behind closed doors.

Currently reading an NJO series book, "Sacrifice"---yeah, not gonna spoil it but some big stuff happens. I know a bunch of people here have a hate-on for Karen Traviss, and she's not great but the book itself is part of a series with two other authors, and I think it's great so far! Darth Caedus...great character in my opinion. :cool: Edited by BradTheImpaler

Totally agree love the whole Thrawn story (hence my legacy name "Thrawn Legacy" and yes I'm Chiss)

As for books I would read:

SWTOR related:

Revan - great story and i still want more. I know you will read this Drew so get pen to paper ;)

Deceived - One of the best combat scenes in any book.

And you owe it to your self to read the Darth Bane trilogy (Path of deception, Rule of two and Destiny of Evil)

If you have not you should also read Outbound Flight, lets just say hi to Thrawn ;)

There are plenty more but this is a good start if you ask me...

Edited by Reclaw

You mean you dont want to get mixed up in a forum war over this again?

My point is that there are two ways this debate could go:

1.The most usual case, we will disagree throughout multiple posts, realise finally that we have accomplished nothing but wasting each other's time.

2.A better case, we reach the realisation before the debate even begins.

I just finished reading Fate of the Jedi and was happy with it. If you want to get more story on the Solos and Skywalkers then I would recommend reading New Jedi Order through Fate of the Jedi. This is a total of 41 books going through 3 series and a short 3 book series.