Well done Bioware

Esaru

I made a thread a couple days ago that expressed why some people were upset with the staggered launch, and how many were afraid of getting very little head start time. Instead, Bioware managed to get essentially every single pre-order in on the 15th, the original starting date of EGA. While the staggered launch has its own disadvantages for a variety of reasons, Bioware really pulled it off. I just wanted to say congratulations to Bioware for a smooth and successful launch of SWtOR

:ph_thank_you:

That was the most extreme use of sarcasm I've yet to encounter on this forum. Gj!

Ah well, time to go back to my endless queue (should be just over an hour, but the queue-server can't handle it so it keeps disconnecting people and putting them back at the end of the queue)

Eh... you do know their are still 100,000's of us who dont have EGA? ... "essentially every single pre-order in" most maybe, not essentialy all.

Can you clarify? Do you mean you are not taking part of EGA or that you have a preorder and are waiting for EGA?

The OP's post is obviously considering only those that preordered in the scope of his/her statement.

Edited by DarthRaneDeer

I made a thread a couple days ago that expressed why some people were upset with the staggered launch, and how many were afraid of getting very little head start time. Instead, Bioware managed to get essentially every single pre-order in on the 15th, the original starting date of EGA. While the staggered launch has its own disadvantages for a variety of reasons, Bioware really pulled it off. I just wanted to say congratulations to Bioware for a smooth and successful launch of SWtOR

Yes! Your are quite right sir. GOOO BIOWARE

Ah well, time to go back to my endless queue (should be just over an hour, but the queue-server can't handle it so it keeps disconnecting people and putting them back at the end of the queue)

I created my toon Tuesday morning, played for several hours Tuesday night and again Wednesday night...I have yet to see a queue, not even a small one.

Apart from the 20,000 of us left out in the cold like dogs.

Apart from the 20,000 of us left out in the cold like dogs.

My bad, I thought they were still sending them today

Where does it say that they're done for today though? :\

Edited by Esaru

Getting everyone except for the people who ordered in the last week and a half is most everyone. You will get in tomorrow and then we can all move on. It could be worse I got in on the first day and due to work and my wife's computer picking this week for the motherboard to die I have only created a couple of characters and played maybe 20 minutes. Tonight I have to rebuild her computer and get everything installed so I might to to play for an hour or two tonight if I am lucky.

My bad, I thought they were still sending them today

Where does it say that they're done for today though? :\

From SWTOR Twitter:

SWTOR The Old Republic

Today's final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST.

Posted an hour ago.

Edited by Synistra

I am excited to play early tomorrow morning when everyone is at work and the servers are empty. I work all weekend myself, but living in a college town and having all the students finish finals today means I can pretty much play all weekend anyway! Going to be awesome!

Even if I didn't miss the cutoff by a couple days today, I still wouldn't be able to play much tonight. Sad, but not too bent out of shape about it. If they get the servers up and running during the maintenance, and we can all enjoy the next 4 days of play, no one will even be talking about any of this in a week.

I am excited to play early tomorrow morning when everyone is at work and the servers are empty. I work all weekend myself, but living in a college town and having all the students finish finals today means I can pretty much play all weekend anyway! Going to be awesome!

Even if I didn't miss the cutoff by a couple days today, I still wouldn't be able to play much tonight. Sad, but not too bent out of shape about it. If they get the servers up and running during the maintenance, and we can all enjoy the next 4 days of play, no one will even be talking about any of this in a week.

That is if you get in. Waves could run all weekend. :)