Bioware, STOP listening to the forums.

jedistreen

First, to clear up a few things.

When I say stop listening to the forums, I don't actually mean everyone who types something up. There are some really fun/well done threads up here, and it would be a shame for those to go to waste. I mean the troll threads, the QQ threads, the pointless 'PvP on my low-pop PvE server sucks 'cause I only play at one-o-clock in the morning with my friends' threads. And there are a lot of them.

I come from WoW *activates flame shield*. Now I won't talk much about that game, but I will mention briefly why I left. The community. It was horrid, especially as a tank. All you would see in-game were horribly uncoordinated groups and whining. All you would see on the forums were horribly typed threads and whining. I wanted to get away from it, so I came here.

And, more and more, it looks like that was a mistake.

From day one, there were crying threads on this general discussion forums. Of course, most of those were just players who were unhappy throwing dirt on a game. Not many of those threads held water. Pop them and they would pop like a balloon and dissolve. Good bye. Adios. Finito.

And now, those days have come to an end. Now the people who think they're programmers who can fix a bug in two-days flat come in. And they want everything. They want LFD. they want cross-server PvP. Dual specs. AC change options. Need I go on?. I come on to the general forums rarely if at all because it seems like all the smart people have moved to the suggestion box or class forums.

And now I read that, in the next patch, there will be cross-server PvP queues implemented. Which is what spurred me on to make this thread. Some of you might say 'well good, they listen to the players!'. I disagree. In most cases, the players, (including myself in some cases) are, frankly, ignorant twits.

I know that I PvP a lot. I love it. And I've made some of the best friends I've had so far in an MMO just PvPing with some people from my server. Cross server PvPing kills the community. And now that this has been added, I feel like it's the first sign of a second WoW.

Bioware, STOP listening to the forums. It won't make people happy when you implement their 'brilliant' changes. They'll just get hungrier and hungrier, and keep on coming back for more and more. Give the community what they need, not what they want. And what they need is NOT- I repeat: NOT- more community-destroying tools.

This, Bioware, is my song, and its all I got. Love me for it, hate me for it, but at least hear me out.

TL;DR: for those of you with reading comprehension problems, I presume?. OK how's this. I like Cheetos. No, seriously. There is no TL;DR. Read the damn thread.

When I say stop listening to the forums, I don't actually mean everyone who types something up. There are some really fun/well done threads up here, and it would be a shame for those to go to waste. I mean the troll threads, the QQ threads, the pointless 'PvP on my low-pop PvE server sucks 'cause I only play at one-o-clock in the morning with my friends' threads. And there are a lot of them.

I come from WoW *activates flame shield*. Now I won't talk much about that game, but I will mention briefly why I left. The community. It was horrid, especially as a tank. All you would see in-game were horribly uncoordinated groups and whining. All you would see on the forums were horribly typed threads and whining. I wanted to get away from it, so I came here.

From day one, there were crying threads on this general discussion forums. Of course, most of those were just players who were unhappy throwing dirt on a game. Not many of those threads held water. Pop them and they would pop like a balloon and dissolve. Good bye. Adios. Finito.

And now, those days have come to an end. Now the people who think they're programmers who can fix a bug in two-days flat come in. And they want everything. They want LFD. they want cross-server PvP. Dual specs. AC change options. Need I go on?. I come on to the general forums rarely if at all because it seems like all the smart people have moved to the suggestion box or class forums.

And now I read that, in the next patch, there will be cross-server PvP queues implemented. Which is what spurred me on to make this thread. Some of you might say 'well good, they listen to the players!'. I disagree. In most cases, the players, (including myself in some cases) are, frankly, ignorant twits.

I know that I PvP a lot. I love it. And I've made some of the best friends I've had so far in an MMO just PvPing with some people from my server. Cross server PvPing kills the community. And now that this has been added, I feel like it's the first sign of a second WoW.

Bioware, STOP listening to the forums. It won't make people happy when you implement their 'brilliant' changes. They'll just get hungrier and hungrier, and keep on coming back for more and more. Give the community what they need, not what they want. And what they need is NOT- I repeat: NOT- more community-destroying tools.

This, Bioware, is my song, and its all I got. Love me for it, hate me for it, but at least hear me out.

TL;DR: for those of you with reading comprehension problems, I presume?. OK how's this. I like Cheetos. No, seriously. There is no TL;DR. Read the damn thread.

Great Post +1

lol silly op...

BW does not listen to the forum.. all they do is copy every single feature wow has and put them into swtor.

Now the people who think they're programmers who can fix a bug in two-days flat come in. And they want everything. They want LFD. they want cross-server PvP. Dual specs. AC change options. Need I go on?.

Terrible post, totally unconstructive and critical of the community - so everyone who wants these basic features are what? Idiots? Trolls? Bads?

Bugs - 2 days? How about 2 months? How about 6 months?

Ugh. fanbois.

Cross server PvPing kills the community. And now that this has been added, I feel like it's the first sign of a second WoW.

No, it does not.

WoW is still the most succecssfull MMO cant see the issue going for it.

No need for TL:DR, that quote is all thats needed. Oh, thats a TL:DR...

my previous post on another thread touched on pretty much the same points as the op

i too have bore witness to just how much of a comunity same server pvp and interaction builds

+1

I think every forum has drama and tons of whining.Its unavoidable because people are insane when given anonymity of the internet.

Most likely they can define sane from the insane in here lol

Luckily Wow never had the chance to crack my skull open and remove my brain.I actually enjoy other things.

Edited by CygnusMX

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread. While we understand that people can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this, while made with good intentions, tend to draw out people who wish to be overly negative and incite flames. In the future, please create threads that encourage constructive discussion and not ones which criticize the community.

We appreciate your understanding that we've closed this thread!