A mature or over 30 server

Sathid

Well your actions do attract those kinds of people to you especially on the internet. When groups alienate themselves from each other and refuse to communicate other than under the pretext that they are "inferior" or "immature" but just unworthy to socialize with you breed ignorance which causes people to just clash like this.

Oh please sir maam,you mean to tell me after lord knows how many years i have played mmo's that i willfully attract those types? that is an asinine statement with zero proof,when i know many would agree with me on every point,,i can tell by actions and what they type,its pretty simple.

Oh and your making strawman arguements.

Edited by Sathid

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you can do exactly what I do. I play the game, and the chat is filtered so I don't see General, or trade, or anything except, whispers, guild chat, and party chat on a new chat tab. The game already gives you control of what you see and don't see.

So, I contend you can turn the stuff off you don't want to see and if that isn't something you would do; then you must want to see it. If you're here for social reasons and want to see the General chat liberal use of the /ignore is great. My list grew the first day. I even seen the people I've put on ignore trying to do Heroic areas. A friend and I were doing them and we both had the character on /ignore. I'm sure he was trying to whisper us to no avail.

The whole point is eventually when people don't talk to them or seeming like they're being ignored they may change their behavior. Most MMO's the peeps like this change their name to get into guilds or reset their reps. However the first time anyone gets wind of them from their prior name they get dropped and get angry.

I've seen all ages act immature. True, older ages tend to not act as irrational and immature but that isn't 100% so you can't say even if there was a server like what you're suggesting would keep you from seeing asinine behavior.

Well your actions do attract those kinds of people to you especially on the internet. When groups alienate themselves from each other and refuse to communicate other than under the pretext that they are "inferior" or "immature" but just unworthy to socialize with you breed ignorance which causes people to just clash like this.

I've met a few even in WoW. One that stuck out was a very violent man but he used to do drugs and blow money at the bars until he discovered WoW. This does not mean that every 40 year old is a angry drunk though.

Absolute utter garbage, you really have no clue about today’s internet generation do you? Just look at the forums the last 6 weeks…….

Oh please sir maam,you mean to tell me after lord knows how many years i have played mmo's that i willfully attract those types? that is an asinine statement with zero proof,when i know many would agree with me on every point,,i can tell by actions and what they type,its pretty simple.

Oh and your making strawman arguements.

You perception does. You perceive such actions as something displeasing to you therefore you will see it FAR more often then I do since 9 times out of 10 I don't care or even bother to strike conflict in a group I maybe in.

But that is kind of the point. I don't see where you are coming at. Most groups even in WoW I rarely got into any conflict with anyone even when we failed. People are cooperative and aren't whiney or immature either. Maybe everyone is above 30 I end up playing with? I think I run into 1 bad apple once a month and even then its not a big deal. Getting them removed from the group is quite easy.

There is something you and your buddies are doing that attracts this kind of attention. I know cause its quite easy to be a dbag and get everyone angry and acting "immature" around you. One method is to get onto a highhorse and be arrogant. People hate that.

Absolute utter garbage, you really have no clue about today’s internet generation do you? Just look at the forums the last 6 weeks…….

I visit the forums all the time and its by far an extreme example of horrible people too and even this isn't so bad. Yeah you can direct me to 50 people that are dbags. But they do not represent everyone even on the forums. For every bad poster you get like a 100 decent posters. Its even more rare in game.

Edited by Kabloosh

You perception does. You perceive such actions as something displeasing to you therefore you will see it FAR more often then I do since 9 times out of 10 I don't care or even bother to strike conflict in a group I maybe in.

But that is kind of the point. I don't see where you are coming at. Most groups even in WoW I rarely got into any conflict with anyone even when we failed. People are cooperative and aren't whiney or immature either. Maybe everyone is above 30 I end up playing with? I think I run into 1 bad apple once a month and even then its not a big deal. Getting them removed from the group is quite easy.

There is something you and your buddies are doing that attracts this kind of attention. I know cause its quite easy to be a dbag and get everyone angry and acting "immature" around you. One method is to get onto a highhorse and be arrogant. People hate that.

You must be one of the luckiest players out there or your BS meter is going full tilt.

Again you are throwing it into my face claiming i attract these types,no i attempt at every chance to avoid them so your hypothesis is wrong or your purposely being disingenuous.

You must be one of the luckiest players out there or your BS meter is going full tilt.

Again you are throwing it into my face claiming i attract these types,no i attempt at every chance to avoid them so your hypothesis is wrong or your purposely being disingenuous.

I'm saying you are paying attention to the vocal minority and the fact that you made this post relates to this vocal minority. They will obviously respond to it and some were even offended by this. I personally could care less about playing with you since you hold such a discriminating personality. I don't make a big deal out of it until someone(you) starts to point out something like this.

My point is, Bioware is not going to start putting age restrictions on their servers. I'm just saying while you will run into immature people at times(we can all be immature at times regardless of our age) it is nowhere near as bad as you think. I know, I've ran into situations like this as well but they were so few and far between that I think its unfair to start pointing out a select group of people and refuse to play with them simply because they haven't been alive for a certain number of years.

I'm saying you are paying attention to the vocal minority and the fact that you made this post relates to this vocal minority. They will obviously respond to it and some were even offended by this. I personally could care less about playing with you since you hold such a discriminating personality. I don't make a big deal out of it until someone(you) starts to point out something like this.

My point is, Bioware is not going to start putting age restrictions on their servers. I'm just saying while you will run into immature people at times(we can all be immature at times regardless of our age) it is nowhere near as bad as you think. I know, I've ran into situations like this as well but they were so few and far between that I think its unfair to start pointing out a select group of people and refuse to play with them simply because they haven't been alive for a certain number of years.

Im just tired of seeing or playing with people that act like they do,and like i said but you ignored it the experience is night and day over on EQ2.

Maybe BW should revist the idea or even try a trial run on it in some form,because people like me and there is many of us,so dont kid yourself thinking otherwise,would love to be away from the younger groups,will there be some bad apples? of course,but not near as many in the current form.

Restaraunt's etc use every thing from pricing to attire to keep younger people out so that diners can have an enjoyable experience,a server like that would work and a post like this would not exist or be needed.

Like i said i would pay alittle more or a one time fee for this option.

Edited by Sathid

As far as age,the average age of MMO gamers is 35.

http://jeffhurtblog.com/2011/02/21/why-online-games-will-change-work-events/

"The MMO Stats

The median age of an MMO player is 33, as compared to the median age of the general population, 35. People in their thirties make up the largest concentration of players, six times larger than the number of teens and three times the number of college students between 18 and 22. The average age for all online game players is 35 with 26% older than 50. 60% of the most active MMO players are female avatars who might or might not be women."

So in essence those over 30 are the majority.

Edited by Sathid

wake up Sathid the world isnt perfect, we will always have immature trolls in the game. Just IGNORE them and move on instead of causing a crapfest on the forums. find a group of mature people you like and stick with them. and just to tell you, ive met plenty of immature 30+ year olds...

wake up Sathid the world isnt perfect, we will always have immature trolls in the game. Just IGNORE them and move on instead of causing a crapfest on the forums. find a group of mature people you like and stick with them. and just to tell you, ive met plenty of immature 30+ year olds...

No the world is not perfect and no game is either,see;)

However there is no reason to not have this option imo,it's not like im asking to change other's game play in any form,im just asking to be with my peers.

EDIT:I should not be forced to have a function in game turned off like General chat,that is not right in any sense in any shape or form,i pay as a subscriber to this game and deserve no demand to use every function as anyone else that pays for the right to use said function.

Edited by Sathid

I have been playing on Kath Hound Republic side and aside from the occasional player acting like he/she is the only one around I havent had any serious problems. I just joined a guild called "Phoenix Rising" and so far that guild has been great too. There tends to be more immaturity found on PVP servers and less found on RP, with PVE usually being an average balance. The problem is that the average has changed. I have been playing MMOs since NWN and it wasnt until WOW came along with its accessibility that these "people" have forced their way into and ***** my culture. Since when did people like me become "old school"?

Two questions:

1. Why 30? Why not 25, or 35? Or 40? What magically occurs at age 30 that makes a person mature enough, but not mature enough at 29?

2. How could a company possibly enforce this? Ask for ID over the internet? Yeah, that's bulletproof.

Ignore and chat filters are your friends.

Maturity or the lack thereof is not related to age. Unless you expect us to believe you are some carnival wonder who can tell people's ages by what they post in chat. No, it is much more likely you make a judgment call on someone based on what they post, and you decide to join/ignore/report based on that. See? You did it without a server filter.

Edited by TheSwamper

Two questions:

1. Why 30? Why not 25, or 35? Or 40? What magically occurs at age 30 that makes a person mature enough, but not mature enough at 29?

2. How could a company possibly enforce this? Ask for ID over the internet? Yeah, that's bulletproof.

Ignore and chat filters are your friends.

Maturity or the lack thereof is not related to age. Unless you expect us to believe you are some carnival wonder who can tell people's ages by what they post in chat.

You have not read most of my posts in the thread,because most of your questions was answered,as far as 30 that was just an arbitrary number.

Age check,that would present a problem,i dunno how to go about that but this is the internet and why would people of not the age for say join one? it would not take long for others to figure out they were not of the age with Vent,TS etc so prevelant.

Edited by Sathid

i bet you would be very surprised on how many are over even 40 like myself who play this,ive met a few already.

Yep. My Husband and I are also in the over 40 crowd here. Heck, I was in my 30s back when I started playing MMORPGs and AC/EQ were new...

;)

You reek of self-righteousness and disdain, my dear OP.

How so?

Because i wish to play with my peers or close to it? And wish to avoid the childish banter that is now common?

Games have tried by giving us options like ignore turning off chat etc but this is an MMO you cannot function in this game without community,i just wish to be in a community of like minded people,thats all.

And this is a free market,let myself and those who wish have this option,like i have said many times in this thread i will PAY a one time fee or alittle extra.

Edited by Sathid

(This is a repost because i mistakenly put in Star Wars discussion,i hope the mods remove the former and dont mind me reposting here)

I know,this has been asked since MMO's have come about and here i am posting this but really iam sure there is many like me that wish to play with my peers and not teen or even early 20 somethings that have rage issue's,immature comments,cussing and demanding things with Caps.

My EQ2 guild of over 40 people i think the youngest person is around 28 or so with the most senior age of 72,never is there rage issues and disagreements that do happen are discussed in a very open and mature fashion and dealt the same way.

I find myself logging off after grouping with some people and my ignore list is growing by leaps and bounds,i do not wish to play with children,i am here to play a game not be some psychologist to immature teen brats and twenty something's that get their online entertainment being jerk off's,when they should be dating or working or college broad statement but it is often true (back in my day these 20 something were called geeks).

Also in EQ2 there is group chat,i wish that this was implemented here as well so that i could cut through the chase and just be done and leave said group before i see little things typed across my screen.

Im not easily offended or get mad too easy but i tire of stupid and inane comments when i am grouped,i know that there is many my age that can act immature but it is far fewer.

I would gladly reroll all my toons,hell il even pay alittle more for a server like this.

what's more immature, the teens and 20 somethings, or assuming age is the lone landmark of maturity? i'm 30 myself and even I think this is dumb every time it comes up.

How so?

Because i wish to play with my peers or close to it? And wish to avoid the childish banter that is now common?

Games have tried by giving us options like ignore turning off chat etc but this is an MMO you cannot function in this game without community,i just wish to be in a community of like minded people,thats all.

It's really mostly your tone that I can't stand. Perhaps I could sympathize with you more if you didn't sound (Or rather, look) so very elitist and self-superiorizing.

It's really mostly your tone that I can't stand. Perhaps I could sympathize with you more if you didn't sound (Or rather, look) so very elitist and self-superiorizing.

Hmm i dont know how to help you there but you sure are making alotta assumptions,based on what i have no clue.

Hmm i dont know how to help you there but you sure are making alotta assumptions,based on what i have no clue.

I just said I disliked your tone. And shouldn't you be responding to the guy who mentioned age is not the sole deciding factor of maturity?

I just said I disliked your tone. And shouldn't you be responding to the guy who mentioned age is not the sole deciding factor of maturity?

My tone? really,,,as far the guy above i dont believe him,and no iam not going to explain why.

Having played Stra Trek Online as a Lifetime sub (don't laugh at me... I still regret it), I can confirm, without any hesitation, that being over 30 does not, in any way, mean people will be more tollerable than younger players.

The majority of players who are in STO are over 30, espeically those who are very interested in the Star Trek Universe and despite MOST players being nice folks who are overall respectful and decent to play with, I've seen my fill of over 30s who probably still live in their parent's basement, eating their food and letting mommy do the laundry, and spew crap into the internet via games and forums.

I think the only way to get a good crowd to play with, is to friend others who you like, join a guild with others who are like you and make sure you set jerks onto IGNORE.

Cheers!

Going_On_40_Canuck :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.