Gunslinger Cover HELL

citteren

Dear Bioware

Thanks again for all the superb and AWSEM work you have all put in to this superb game.

That said i do have one small question / complaint.

I am playing a 32 gunslinger atm and greatly enjoying this character BUT the main question i am about to ask is could you PLEASE make a TOGGLE OFF switch for the cover system for smugglers????

Dont get me wrong many players MAYBYE like the cover system me personaly HATE it i know you guys from bioware have put a LOT of effort in to this cover system so that almost at all fights there is a sneaky hole to crawl into and fight froM.

But let me explaine MY issue with this system if i compleet a quest and in the talks with quest person it turns ugly like it often always do, and a fight is imminent i get attacked straight away and i duck into cover 80 percent of the time i always get auto pulled behind a crate chest or furniture or what ever and i lose overview over the battle and cant see what is happening then i go out of the auto cover because i cant see the mobs i am fighting and try to get a better spot and what happends BAM i get pulled back in the same or other stupid corner and cant see a thing again.

After a few tries i finaly manage to get my shield up and stand in cover with FULL acces and view of the battlefield, in the mean time my companion IS allready dead or barely alive and as a result end up getting killed as well or get so lucky that i survive with 5 percent health left.

PLEASE for all the Smugglers and Gunslingers out there create a TOGGLE OFF switch in the preference section of the game menu so people have an option eather the standerd get pulled behind a couch chest box and hope you can see whats going on OR BAM I GO IN COVER AND ALWAYS A screen with FULL vieuw of whats going on appears in front of me and i can handle whats going on.

THx again for this AWSEM game and keep up the good work.

Pps could you also maybye have more cowboyhats as loot for gunslingers ??? waiting till 49 hmmmm quite long to look like a real gunslinger.

Signing off

Akkaryn Quickdraw

level 32 Gunslinger

'F' key is cover. U get the green man outline if u can press F and launch into cover. As for the getting pulled in its a game mechanic its supposed to happen to make the encounter more difficult...

lol? What encounter?

Do you need a encounter difficulty to play any other character? No. Please try knowing what you are talking about mechanics wise.

The point of using cover is to allow certain abilities.. basically oh say, 90% of our actual DPS abilities. We are stationary turrents once placed if we get up we lose 90% dps/dmg. Once in place we can then begin to deal damage.

This is intended for cover. But the difficulty and even inabilty to roll into cover because pathing issues is a KNOWN game issue for BW, but unfortunately THIS will not be fixed.

This pathing issue is the same as blink in WoW. they would need to make EVERYTHING flat in order to cause cover to fully work as intended.

My "fix" suggestion to all gunsliners. Don't target something and go into cover. Or hit esc right before hitting cover, thus clearing your target and putting you right there in cover then allowing you to retarget and dps.

My "fix" suggestion to all gunsliners. Don't target something and go into cover. Or hit esc right before hitting cover, thus clearing your target and putting you right there in cover then allowing you to retarget and dps.

Or, as suggested above, simply swap your default keybinds for Cover and Cover-in-Place.

Then hitting F will just crouch you where you are, no need to roll somewhere strange.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the thread Necro...but I too do not enjoy the "Take Cover" ability...Every once in a while, during a heated battle in a zone w/ multiple groups of mobs, things may get heated and I look to pop out then back into cover so I can get the insta-cast, but when I re-enter cover i'm rolled towards another group of mobs...so instead of fighting 4 I'm now fighting 8.

Take Cover in Place however is another story...That's all I want to do EVER. I'd like an ability (or just an icon) called "Take Cover in Place" that I can bind to my Naga...

The issue w/ swapping the bindings is that I don't have a good/clean way to bind 'F' key to my Naga's 12 button AND have the picture/icon (which for some OCD reason, I like having).

Just another icon: "Take Cover in Place" would be perfecto...

And for the record, I use the Naga for everything but targeting. Running, abilities, etc...so I use the KB very little, and while having to hit the "F" key is a little thing, it doesn't fit my play style...

Edited by kuchdut

Sorry for the thread Necro...but I too do not enjoy the "Take Cover" ability...Every once in a while, during a heated battle in a zone w/ multiple groups of mobs, things may get heated and I look to pop out then back into cover so I can get the insta-cast, but when I re-enter cover i'm rolled towards another group of mobs...so instead of fighting 4 I'm now fighting 8.

Take Cover in Place however is another story...That's all I want to do EVER. I'd like an ability (or just an icon) called "Take Cover in Place" that I can bind to my Naga...

The issue w/ swapping the bindings is that I don't have a good/clean way to bind 'F' key to my Naga's 12 button AND have the picture/icon (which for some OCD reason, I like having).

Just another icon: "Take Cover in Place" would be perfecto...

And for the record, I use the Naga for everything but targeting. Running, abilities, etc...so I use the KB very little, and while having to hit the "F" key is a little thing, it doesn't fit my play style...

Then go into your abilities list and pull the ability onto your quickbar: Crouch

The roll variant is called: take cover

Yes it is annoying when the roll cover puts you in a silly/akward position where your view is restricted, sometimes you even end up in front of the mobs shooting backwards which is just daft and throws you right off having a focused planned attack. Does crouching behind a something give you more defence bonus over just crouching where you are with your sheild, if it does not what is the point of having the roll to cover ability?.

Gunslingers and Snipers need to be in cover most of the time so as to use the better abilties that are only active while in cover.;)

I almost NEVER use the regular cover (roll-to version) on my sniper. I simply bound a key (I use 'b' the personally, easy to tap with my left thumb in WASD position) to take cover in place.

For those that don't know... Go to preferences, key bindings tab (at bottom of the prefs window), find take cover in place and assign a key to it. Done.