The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Huttball Mercy Rule

Kirska

so.. the game is over at 6 .. why do you cry again?

Because teams get to 5 and sit there for 8 minutes while the other team leaves and new people cycle in to a hopeless game. It's frustrating and would be easy to fix.

I understand where you are coming from if you are going against a premade who rolls you 5-0 within the first couple mins and will proceed to farm the match for 10 mins.

It's completely blows to be forced to sit there the 10+ mins and be farmed or leave.

So then you stop and 4 and farm the other team for 9 minutes.

Obviously that's not the solution. It'd have to be a bit smarter than "ahead by x scores then stop". Would have to take into account how long it's been since they've scored, that sort of thing.

All these tears about PvP are yummy, keep 'em going.

1. Fight Back

2. Use Teamwork

3. Roll as a group, stop being split up.

I have seen many teams destroy themselves and deserve to be punched in the face. Stop looking for game mechanics or Bioware to save you, the Sun Tzu theory of winning without fighting does not apply here.

I would disagree with a "mercy rule" and here's why:

On my server, people repetitively leave a WZ if they arent the first to get the ball. Not even SCORE mind you, simply GET the ball. (yes, the 50 bracket)

Now, supposedly these wannabe "elitists" who dont wanna "waste their time" in a losing match, are the better players yet, repeatedly, REPEATEDLY mind you, ive been in game where i, or my grp, go into a losing huttball match, (yes, 5-0) and turn it around for a win. and they are some of the greatest games EVER!

Juz cuz theres a grp of whiney carebears out there who will only play if they have a guaranteed win, doesnt mean that all of us are like that. And those of us who arent, kno how to rock that huttball match ftw :rolleyes:

I dont want my awesome matches taken away from me :D

When it comes to farming, Heathen usually will try to get a fwew point lead and then try some actual pvp. You kno, killin fools. If its a roll fest and the other team is running away or dieing in an instant, we will finnish the game.

Heathen, does not condone farming. We may try to fight you, and if we get a decent fight from your team, we forget about the ball.

We for one guild, pledge to have mercy on teh newbies.

Because teams get to 5 and sit there for 8 minutes while the other team leaves and new people cycle in to a hopeless game. It's frustrating and would be easy to fix.

I like when that happens. Lets your team spawn together and kill the arrogant ball carrier and score. Makes them panic and they either push for a score or get unbalanced and lose.

Im sure someone already mentioned it, but then they would just stop at 4.