What's going on in the intro?

xGBox

I'm not really sure what's going on in the intro in relation to the lore, can anyone help explain it to me? When does it take place? Is the smuggler and trooper going to play a part in the game? Who are the people that die in the intro? Edited by xGBox

There are three swtor cinematic movies.

The one where there are 2 Sith Lords fighting against Jedi's is where the war begins. That is them retaking Korriban.

The second I believe is the Sacking of Coruscant. That's where the Sith wanted to have 'peace'. But really just ambushed the Jedi's and used Coruscant as a bargaining chip.

The third is the battle for Alderaan. I'm not sure where it goes in the timeline but that's what happens. Seeing as how Malgus's face is I'm assuming this is the last one.

Note: You do learn about these event's in your codex.

Edited by kyamazuki

Alderaan is before coruscant.

You'll notice in the Alderaan clip the main 'sith (the surviving sith from the 1st intro clip) gets a grenade blow up in his face, ruining it. Not only does he survive the encounter of being thrown into a cliff he then goes onto lead the attack on coruscant personally. The resperator on his face at THIS point and from then onwards is because of the grenade blowing up half his face in the 2nd clip.

Alderaan is before coruscant.

You'll notice in the Alderaan clip the main 'sith (the surviving sith from the 1st intro clip) gets a grenade blow up in his face, ruining it. Not only does he survive the encounter of being thrown into a cliff he then goes onto lead the attack on coruscant personally. The resperator on his face at THIS point and from then onwards is because of the grenade blowing up half his face in the 2nd clip.

That Sith=Darth Malgus

Edited by Hi_Im_A_Sith

I'm not really sure what's going on in the intro in relation to the lore, can anyone help explain it to me? When does it take place? Is the smuggler and trooper going to play a part in the game? Who are the people that die in the intro?

The movie with the smuggler?

That's just.. the moment in time when an unsuspecting republic garrison on Korriban is ambushed by a triumphant returning Sith empire. It's the start of the war that is this game's backstory and setting.

Right 'now', in game terms, is in a sort of ceasefire arrangement at least ten years after that movie took place - the treaty of coruscant period.

I'm simply not sure if we see that smuggler again - I think he's basically just there to show a 'wow, cool' moment for each of the game's classes :). Darth Malgus, the ugly Sith guy with the face, we definitely see again, though! He's sorta the Sith commander.

Seriously, check out the webpage's Holonet Timeline entries. Good watching.

Edited by Lheim

Seriously, check out the webpage's Holonet Timeline entries. Good watching.

Hello there, xGBox!

To build on what Lheim said above, we have two parts of our site that helps community members better understand what's going on in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! First, we have the Game Setting page, which is a great overview. For a little more in-depth information, we do have our Timeline series! Additionally, there is also our Story and Lore forum for specific discussions regarding lore.

Hope that helps!

To add:

There are three intro cinematics. "Return" is the one that plays first (and happens first chronologically) in which the Sith Empire returns and retakes Korriban. This happened 28 years before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC). In it, a young Satele Shan and her master fight against Lord Malgus and his master. Shan gets away, and Malgus ultimately kills his master, becoming a Darth shortly thereafter.

Next is the one seen when you make a Republic character, "Hope." The soldier from "Return" is in it and it shows the Battle of Alderaan. Basically, it's several years into the war and the Sith have taken Alderaan. Freedom fighters from the Republic are staging guerilla campaigns across the planet, and we see one such attack. Satele (now a bit older and stronger) shows up again and faces Darth Malgus once more. She and the trooper defeat Malgus and do some serious damage to him (through an ion grenade and Force Push into a mountain).

The final cinematic (which was released first but is last chronologically) is "Deceived." In it, we see Darth Malgus, with a respirator due to the injuries from "Hope" and others sustained during the war, leading the attack on Coruscant. This is called the "Sacking of Coruscant" and was done through treachery while the Sith entered negotiations for a treaty with the Republic to end the war. After Coruscant and the Jedi Temple fell, the Sith were able to force the Republic into the Treaty of Coruscant that ended the war but gave half the galaxy to the Sith.

The game begins about 10 years or so after the Treaty, during a Cold War between the Sith and Republic. Though it's a tenuous peace at best...

Troopers and Smugglers are classes in the game.

So yes, they take place in the game.

The 8 classes are:

Trooper (Commando/Vanguard advanced class)

Bounty Hunter (Mercenary or Powertech advanced class)

Smuggler (Gunslinger or Scoundrel)

Imperial Agent (Sniper/Operative)

Sith Warrior (Juggernaut/Marauder)

Jedi Knight (Guardian/Sentinel)

Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer/Assasin)

Jedi Consular (Sage/Shadow)

All classes are balanced, so Jedi and Sith ain't better than classes with guns. (I even like characters with guns better and I killed alot of sith on my Trooper (Commando advanced class.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.