The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fix Lethality

CaptainInsano

Anyone else finding Lethality a lackluster spec for PvE? I tried it for a couple of raids and it seems like an incomplete spec-lots of moments where you have nothing worthwhile to cast. Once the DoTs are up and you used Cull, you have to wait 4 seconds for Shiv before you can do anything useful. It seems like Lethality is way more useful for Snipers because they actually have good filler to use. We have...Backstab on a 9 second cd? Overload Shot? (lol). Why not add a talent that gives the DoTs a 30% chance to proc TA like the HoT talent in the Medicine tree? That would make Lethality much more dynamic and not feel like such a bottom feeder spec.

Anyone else finding Lethality a lackluster spec for PvE? I tried it for a couple of raids and it seems like an incomplete spec-lots of moments where you have nothing worthwhile to cast. Once the DoTs are up and you used Cull, you have to wait 4 seconds for Shiv before you can do anything useful. It seems like Lethality is way more useful for Snipers because they actually have good filler to use. We have...Backstab on a 9 second cd? Overload Shot? (lol). Why not add a talent that gives the DoTs a 30% chance to proc TA like the HoT talent in the Medicine tree? That would make Lethality much more dynamic and not feel like such a bottom feeder spec.

So Ive been looking at the lethality tree vs other shared trees.

Ive noticed a few things about the lethality tree vs others. For instance, the Sorc/Sin shared tree.

The sorc/sin shared tree has talent differences that are specific to the class. IE sins 3rd and fourth tier talents are Claws of Decay and Raze vs Madness and Wrath. Each of these talents is specific to melee/ranged playstyle.

One of the problems that I have seen is that Lethality tree attempts to shove a catchall Talent Spec into two widely different class types. Some people really enjoy the lethality tree, on either side of the AC....

However, it would seem to make more sense if they had made a medium ranged spec out of it. With Concealment being short ranged, Marks being long ranged, (engineer/medic being ac specific) it would have made more sense to create a medium ranged (say 15-20m) that was heavier in the utility, and a little lighter in the burst dps.

Like Ive said many times before. Lethality for ops seems counter intuitive. With a class thats built heavily around stealth, and close quarters combat, the spec forces the player into every disadvantage you can think of in pvp... and pve for that matter.

It lacks burst, survivability, and requires close quarters to use any of the high damage abilities.

Anyways. I would love to see some form of revamp of the spec.

I quite enjoy Lethality, granted it does have some issues, one being that TAs are our main stay and yet we only have one TA regeneration unless by some happenstance we can actually get a hidden strike off and get 2 TAs for a whole 3 seconds >.>. We have Shiv like the OP said that is our ONLY TA generator after opener. and as far energy regen its little crappy in long boss fights, spending most of the fight starved till our big energy regen is up on a 2min CD. But the damage is awesome in my opinion, Im full Columi geared and I can pull aggro pretty easily, granted if we have a Merc in the grp with his over glorified DPS, they think he's pulling all the weight >.>.

Raid? Um yeah it's not very good for that, I agree it should get a TA proc like kolto probe's 30% chance does. Otherwise I did fine in pve and pvp as lethality (I'm medicine now with just corrosive grenade/combat stims), it's an entirely different playstyle than concealment. Edited by Sookster