Requeing after disconnect? that's not fair...?

Ramiraz

Warhammer had theses issues. AoC had some disconnecting, but the major problem was lag, which made the game unplayable. You couldnt even log on to wow for a week even. Pls stop pulling **** out of your ***. Every MMO launch has stability issues.

I never said no game had the issue of relogging que at all. In recent years, I cannot remember any MMO to have this problem.

Yes it is launch. Yes, stability issues are expected. Does this preclude players form pointing out criticism? No.

Guess you fanboys can't handle that.

Don't talk rubbish, there's NO MMO that keeps people logged in for much more than 60 secs after their client dies.

Yeah, WoW would give you a windows of nearly 10 minutes.

Get your facts straight before you start trolling the forums with lies.

I never said no game had the issue of relogging que at all. In recent years, I cannot remember any MMO to have this problem.

Yes it is launch. Yes, stability issues are expected. Does this preclude players form pointing out criticism? No.

Guess you fanboys can't handle that.

Wait untill there in a flashpoint and get Dc'd they will be po'd then

The problem is that the servers are already oversubscribed, so unless Bioware can address this they will encounter the usual response by their paying customers once the game goes live......

This is people not playing the game and cancelling accounts , this will then free up the servers and those that are left may continue playing!

However considering the careful headstart programme things have now gone bad with queues appearing and it just shows once again that no matter how carefully you try to 'manage' a headstart things still go wrong. There generally are 2 ways to fix this issue.... 1) increased server capacity or 2) server migration.

I guess a giant asteroid has hit the pre-start programme!

Damn. In beta I crashed literally every hour or so. No queue grace period will make the game unplayable for me at least.

I guess the silver lining is the queue will move faster because of this but I'd rather have one really long wait and be able to play for however long regardless of crashes.

Don't talk rubbish, there's NO MMO that keeps people logged in for much more than 60 secs after their client dies.

Lord of the Rings Online does.

I've been disconnected several times when I was having clientside issues that forced hard reboots to resolve and would pop right back into the party/instance I left.

I have been in queue since 19:15 (it's now 00:00), this is just because I have got error codes and DCs from the server (no the problem is not on my end) and have had to stand in the queue all over again, several times.

(Only 140 more in queue to get into the character creation for the 4th time tonight in a 5hour time span)

GG

well done

Yes, their character might get logged out if their client dies, but they still have a bigger time frame (often 5-10min) to log back in and skip the queue

Edited by freche

I support this thread. It is utter ******** that I have to queue to get back on the server if I get disconnected from the game.

It happened most recently this evening. I was playing with my brother and our connection went down for less than 30 seconds. I went to reconnect to the realm once my internet was back and I was placed 1200 in queue.

Queues to realms are acceptable but absolutely not under these circumstances when you get disconnected and right away try to log back in.

This needs to be adressed ASAP.

I got game access about six hours from now. I have not seen the chracter menu yet. I had three 1003 (connection lost?!) and one 1002 errors and once I got stuck a position 4 for 20 min before I restarted and ende up at position 1122 again. I know this game is new und I am not complaining. Just beeing requeued before entering the game kills motivations a lot.

I would be happy if this could be fixed some how in the future.

Hmm. This is certainly an issue. I'm no fan of the majority of mmo's, but even SWG kept you logged in for several minutes unless you logged out manually. I always figured it was for this very reason. I'm a very casual player, but I know that many people schedule their activities with friends, and something like this can severely hamper a raid or flashpoint, etc...

Yeah...

It insane how things are at the moment.

Because of the disconnect and requeueing, I have given up coming on the red eclipse server to play with my friends and guild as it is. So now I have an alter on another ser which is dobble the lvl as my main on the main server is.

When waiting for 1 hour to play, gets 5 to 10 min game time, and then after disconnect getting back in the q for another 1 hour wait period.

THAT gotta go