What kind of Sith is Darth Bane?

Ductor

So I've been reading the Darth Bane trilogy written by Drew Karpyshyn, and it mentions marauders, assassins, sorcerers, etc, but it doesn't mention what Darth Bane was.

I'm guessing he's more of a Sorcerer or Marauder? What do you guys think?

The title Sorcerer, Marauder, Juggernaut or assassin are all game play mechanics. But with a little work we can make most characters "fit" in to them. Bane is a warrior. He lacks advanced skill with Sith powers, outside of a few plot contrived ones, and his focus is almost solely on the combat aspect. Skill with a lightsaber, domination of his enemies and a refusal to play Sith politics (Instead he just kills everyone) are the hallmarks of the warrior class.

He also uses heavy armor (the Orbalisks) and seems to be more tankish in general, so I would say he would be AC Juggernaut.

(Zannah is a Sorcerer, even if she uses a doublebladed lightsaber, iirc Bane himself says she is.)

Edited by Maaruin

Bane is everything. It was directly stated in the novels that those that would become juggernauts, marauders or assassins are sent to other academies than the one on Korriban.

He's a Sith Lord. He's practically good at everything except the higher delicacies of Sith sorcery. Yet he still managed to learn advanced Sith Rituals such as Essence Transfer.

Bane is everything. It was directly stated in the novels that those that would become juggernauts, marauders or assassins are sent to other academies than the one on Korriban.

He's a Sith Lord. He's practically good at everything except the higher delicacies of Sith sorcery. Yet he still managed to learn advanced Sith Rituals such as Essence Transfer.

Yeah, I'd say that stronger the force user, more the definitions get blurred... You basically become good with everything, though of course knowledge of certain rituals isn't necessary tied to prowess with the force but with study, mostly.

Yeah, I'd say that stronger the force user, more the definitions get blurred... You basically become good with everything, though of course knowledge of certain rituals isn't necessary tied to prowess with the force but with study, mostly.

Exactly this, for a inverse example, look at Yoda. He was extremely skilled with the lightsaber, yet powerful enough in force use to block/absorb the Emperor's Sith Lightning with his hand.

He also uses heavy armor (the Orbalisks) and seems to be more tankish in general, so I would say he would be AC Juggernaut.

(Zannah is a Sorcerer, even if she uses a doublebladed lightsaber, iirc Bane himself says she is.)

Zannah is my favorite Sith, you don´t get cooler than that.