[VIDEO] Ilum Mass PvP (largest forces I've seen)

Foamslinger

Last wedensday the Republic showed in uncharacteristic force on Ilum on Sword of Ajunta Pall. I have never seen so many - at least 50. No clue how or why, but it was clearly premeditated and at least semi-organized.

That night was super fun and loads of valor for everyone. I recorded as much as I could, unfortunately I wasn't getting the best performance. I put some clips together to try to portray the size of the conflict, but keep in mind there are lots of players not on screen.

I hope you enjoy, and TONS of thanks the Republic of Sword of Ajunta Pall for putting up such a great fight.

<-- watch in 1080hd!

own3d: Ilum Mass PvP

What to expect: Montage of 50 vs 50 fights from a jugg's point of view at 15 fps. Leaps, grenades, stuns, heals, wipecannons, forcepushes, escaping with barely any health and chasing down fleeing floes.

Music: Iron Maiden. You may or may not think you do or don't like Maiden, but this song is undeniable.

Edited by Foamslinger

since the population cap is 100 player. 50 rep and 50 imps are the best you're gonna get in one instance.

It is not a hard cap, yet, unfortunately. When a faction's player 51 enters Ilum, the server spawns the second shard - you are still free to transfer to the first.

I regularly see 70+ people on one faction.

On Scepter of Ragnos we usually have 2 instances on Ilum, but we usually only have 15 Republic vs 85 imps :(

Thats how our primetime normally is, which is what makes this particular night so extraordinary.

edit: ps added an own3d link for youtubaphobes

Edited by Foamslinger

Your video fades into different battles far too quickly to show the issues that arise in these situations. On my server, we regularly have skirmishes of 15+ repubs with 20+ imps. Yesterday we had ~24 repubs and probably ~32 imps. There is an imp that plays exactly like you do with those large battles. That guy dies a lot; then promptly ports back using /stuck. As a repub, it usually means you'll lose and have to kill the same stupid guy repeatedly with no kill credit (because he runs in to beat on your healer). They need to fix it.

1- If a player gets tagged and doesn't exit combat before death, anyone that tagged him should get kill credit (regardless of if they died as well). That way we could have real melee instead of this nonsense where the melee try to hit and then run away (ultimately doing next to nothing).

2- /stuck in Ilum should kill you

3- The stupid Ilum buff should actually apply itself correctly. One shouldn't need to re-zone into the area just to get the buff (after they've zoned into it directly).

Your video fades into different battles far too quickly to show the issues that arise in these situations. On my server, we regularly have skirmishes of 15+ repubs with 20+ imps. Yesterday we had ~24 repubs and probably ~32 imps. There is an imp that plays exactly like you do with those large battles. That guy dies a lot; then promptly ports back using /stuck. As a repub, it usually means you'll lose and have to kill the same stupid guy repeatedly with no kill credit (because he runs in to beat on your healer). They need to fix it.

TY for the input. Mostly what I was trying to get across in the video was the scope of the battle and amount of players on each side. It was hours of fighting condensed to 4 minutes so I had to focus a bit!

I did and do die a lot. I was going to put more of that in the video but most of the clips I got weren't that interesting otherwise.

I don't and haven't used /stuck to get back into the battle quickly. I also try to avoid talking about it so less people know about it >.>

1- If a player gets tagged and doesn't exit combat before death, anyone that tagged him should get kill credit (regardless of if they died as well). That way we could have real melee instead of this nonsense where the melee try to hit and then run away (ultimately doing next to nothing).

I would argue the point about doing next to nothing. Snaring their front lines in our AOEs, aoe tuanting globs of the enemies nearest to our front line, giving the enemies a target to focus which they either dont kill or takes more time than it should, and stunning their rear to prevent heals and grapples and such all contribute to winning a fight. That being said it would be nice if you didn't have to then run away and hide int he back to regen for more time than you were active.

2- /stuck in Ilum should kill you

I agree, or port you to the rez pad if you are already dead.

3- The stupid Ilum buff should actually apply itself correctly. One shouldn't need to re-zone into the area just to get the buff (after they've zoned into it directly).

I agree. Or you shouldn't get it at all at zoning in and have to cap points to earn it.

5chars

I would argue the point about doing next to nothing. Snaring their front lines in our AOEs, aoe tuanting globs of the enemies nearest to our front line, giving the enemies a target to focus which they either dont kill or takes more time than it should, and stunning their rear to prevent heals and grapples and such all contribute to winning a fight. That being said it would be nice if you didn't have to then run away and hide int he back to regen for more time than you were active.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't critiquing you in terms of being useless so much as melee in general.

On my server, repubs are at a disadvantage. (I have a level 50 Imp and a level 50 Repub, so I've played both sides). When repubs get an ops group going in Ilum, it gets insanely organized. Our group yesterday had every enemy healer marked and we had a kill order on said healers. They were the first to die unless our group snagged some straggler before the group collision.

Is it fair that said healers don't get kill credit because they desperately healed themselves while eating the full brunt of the attack? Is it fair that the tank, like yourself, out controlling a healer or taunting players gets no credit while the group mows down another player who didn't get his heals? Is it fair that the tank bears the brunt of an assault while his team weakens the enemy only to die just prior to the enemy deaths? No.

Most melee on my server dart in then immediately blow cds to try to stay alive long enough to get out. Alternatively they buff spam. It's rather useless in the grand scheme because unless they are tank spec with 20k+ hp, they typically tag and run in order to stay alive. It's stupid. They should actually go in and go nuts trying to damage players and then get credit for any players that die thanks to their assist.

Kill credit in Ilum needs a fix.

Edited by Dosvidaniya

Last wedensday the Republic showed in uncharacteristic force on Ilum on Sword of Ajunta Pall. I have never seen so many - at least 50. No clue how or why, but it was clearly premeditated and at least semi-organized.

That night was super fun and loads of valor for everyone. I recorded as much as I could, unfortunately I wasn't getting the best performance. I put some clips together to try to portray the size of the conflict, but keep in mind there are lots of players not on screen.

I hope you enjoy, and TONS of thanks the Republic of Sword of Ajunta Pall for putting up such a great fight.

<-- watch in 1080hd!

own3d: Ilum Mass PvP

What to expect: Montage of 50 vs 50 fights from a jugg's point of view at 15 fps. Leaps, grenades, stuns, heals, wipecannons, forcepushes, escaping with barely any health and chasing down fleeing floes.

Music: Iron Maiden. You may or may not think you do or don't like Maiden, but this song is undeniable.

Looks like the Pubs did what they should. Most republic players do not understand they only need to premade Ilum with a big enough force to lock the shard and they're fine.

If you have the max number of players blue side, red side can't outnumber you. The extras just get kicked to other shards.

Sadly, doing exactly what they did in your video normally escapes their attention. I guess its better to be sad than use the game mechanics as intended to win. =/

Just for fun count the number of Battlemaster titles you see on both sides.

Huge difference and out come of the battle.

PVP rewards in this game are one sided by population and this just makes it worse to PVP.

Rewarding the winner means as time goes on it gets worse not better.

Would you give the winning Superbowl team a extra player each win?

Would you give the winning NBA team extra points each goal?

Would you give the winning Baseball team a free home run each victory?

Well in SWTOR the winning team gets the advantage over and over. Just stupid!

Edited by Metalmac

Just for fun count the number of Battlemaster titles you see on both sides.

Huge difference and out come of the battle.

PVP rewards in this game are one sided by population and this just makes it worse to PVP.

Rewarding the winner means as time goes on it gets worse not better.

Would you give the winning Superbowl team a extra player each win?

Would you give the winning NBA team extra points each goal?

Would you give the winning Baseball team a free home run each victory?

Well in SWTOR the winning team gets the advantage over and over. Just stupid!

I see one fatal flaw in that logic...

@Dos -I agree with everything you said.

@Metal - Everyone wins in huge battles like this. There were tons of deaths on both sides, valor was free for the taking for anyone there.

Those Harbinger screenshots look pretty massive! Although I maintain if anyones looking for a pvp server Sword of Ajunta Pall is the place to be =D 'Pubs been outnumbering Imps a few times a day lately.

Edited by Foamslinger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.