The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for being aware, and addressing the "Support" keybinding problem in a future patch. I should also add that the key next to 1 and above Tab is also un-bindable on UK keyboards.

Will you also be addressing the problem with mouse pointer clicks being non-responsive when Ctrl is held down?

Edited by Salty_Wagyu

Roleplaying community tend to be forgotten.

Will you add anything special for the roleplayers to experience? For example perhaps housing or even the small detailed things like sitting on chairs around the cantinas? Perhaps chat bubbles? Those small things like chat bubbles would be and awesome improvement for the roleplaying community.

"GeorgZoeller Public Test Server -> Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

Quote:

Originally Posted by questcequecest

Remember, Bioware, MMOs have 2 end games. PVE and PVP. Don't forget that.

'We have no intention of forcing PvP players to do Operations and vice versa.'" (Last sentence was GeorgZoeller)

Now, in order to get biometric crystal alloy you can either do 1 HMS and have a 25% chance of getting 1 of them from the last boss or doing an operation that drops 2 per boss thus enabling you a much better chance of getting the alloy.

My question is, will PURE pvpers be able to craft endgame items without having to do HM-FPs and/or Operations?

Was just wondering due to the fact that when I finally got to level 400armstech and saw that I couldn't craft any of my nifty weapons without PvEing, I got a little distraught at the news.

What time frame are we looking at for the addition of the completely new species (i.e. Gran, Wookies and the like not imperial as republic or non force users as sith etc).

I see in the last Q&A's that this wont be getting new species in Patch 1.2 but it is on the board but unless this can be retroatively applied or PvP tokens and valor can be transfered (or bound raid armour) anything gained now will have to be repeated when these species come in. Which makes for a lot of grinding that is made useless.

When can we expect to see a good flashpoint LFG menu, or a Que system implemented?

I have personally leveled two characters to 50, and about to start another. In my experience, it has definately proven to be a real hassle to form groups for flashpoints with the tools we have available today. Even with a big guild of players, on a server with a good population. An LFG flag that few people ever use, and 'general' chat channels limited to whatever planet you are currently on, are far from good enough.

Ideally, I would LOVE to have a nice conveniant Que system, even if it's server limited. Right now, ANYTHING that helps form up groups and get into flashpoints quicker would be very welcome.

So, is there anything coming down the line to improve this?

Edited by BlackMink

When I went through the story line of my character, I made choices based on 'what would I actually do.' Obviously, some people were destroyed but most people were spared/saved etc. By the time I was on my way to 50 (and reached 50) the only reward I had for being neutral (and eventually more light side) was 2 empty relic spots. Once 50 and light side level 2, I could only purchase low level relics.

Will neutral gear be introduced in the future?

There are a lot of roleplayers wondering when we'll see RP-specific content like expanded character customization options, sitting in chairs, more animated emotes, etc. What sorts of things are in store for content related specifically to roleplay?