Just got my ship - What a piece of junk !!!

Blazer

I disliked the ship when I first got it. It always seemed confusing, especially since I also was leveling a Consular. The layout of the Consular ship is fairly straight forward. You enter the ship just behind the bridge, and the stairs are parallel to the layout of the ship. You enter facing aft. Your cargo hold is of the aft section where the holoterminal and intercom also are are.

By contrast, you board the Trooper ship, and you are entering perpendicular to the layout of the ship, so it feels a bit disorienting. However, once you realize this, you just turn left to get to the crew compartments and bridge, and the only thing you need to go right for is to get to the cargo hold. Once I got over the disorientation from being used to the Consular ship, I actually started appreciating the layout. The only thing I would change is putting the Cargo Hold in the Captain's quarters since there are two "dressers" in there which would function fine for it. However, the crew "crafts" in the room where the Cargo Hold is, so it is logically in the right place from a role playing perspective.

I like the conference room better on the Trooper ship. There are crew quarters with bunk beds. The med center is near by. All in all, it feels roomer than the Consular ship, and the layout makes sense.

The only thing I find odd is that there are fifteen chairs in the conference room. There are something like fifteen or sixteen jump seats where you can strap in if you are going into a hot LZ. However, I only count four bunks or so for the crew (excluding the Captain's double bed and the beds in the medical center. It must get pretty cozy in there on those long voyages. :D

"She may not be pretty, kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Really, has nobody seen the original trilogy? The Thunderclap looks like a Rebel Alliance ship! It's like a B-wing, just a bit bigger and without the gyro in the center! Does nobody has any variety of aesthetic sense anymore? No, never mind, I'm talking to the generation that has totally discarded sailboats and cruiser motorcycles for speedboats and sportbikes instead of enjoying all of it. People should really appreciate more than one thing...

Think of it like food. Fancy yourself educated and intelligent? Try to extend the same sense of adventure and appreciation you give to food to the rest of ... oh heck never mind.

My main character is a commando and the first time I got my ship....I hated the external look because I did not like the b-wing to begin with :p. When I actually got inside...well the interior is ok, it takes getting used to.

I then made an alt mercenary and I liked the slave-1 look much better. When I got inside I love the fact that the ship is so much easier to navigate, I never get lost :D

It's simple, compact, and non-flashy. I like it better than all my other ships, even if it's not the fanciest.

By the way, the bunk beds make sense. You have your own bed, and Forex doesn't need one. I highly suspect that Elara sleeps in the Med Unit because she finds the rest yucky and germy :p

Yeah,its true, its a piece of junk.

I always **** in my pants when I see my agents ship(**** is awesome, It even has laminate on the floor), but when I see that "thunderclap" - more like thunderjunk - I crap my pants at most...

You should probably change your pants... thats an awful lot of soiling you got goin on'. :D

@OP taste differs. I like the Trooper's ship more than I do the BH's.

The only thing I find odd is that there are fifteen chairs in the conference room. There are something like fifteen or sixteen jump seats where you can strap in if you are going into a hot LZ. However, I only count four bunks or so for the crew (excluding the Captain's double bed and the beds in the medical center. It must get pretty cozy in there on those long voyages. :D

I'd like to mention that on military ships, the crew works in shifts. While one group is sleeping, the other two groups are busy operating the ship or having some R&R.

I only realized this after playing Mass Effect again recently, because it was stated somewhere in the codex there, so it would make sense in this universe too.

It's certainly not the worst ship. I personally hate the Bounter Hunter ship, not because of the side pods, but because the main body looks like a massive Toblerone. The only good thing about it is it is easy to get around. I found the Agents ship the hardest to get around, it looks fantastic from some angles but horrible head on.

Unlike the Consular's ship that has only a Captain's bed and a Med Bay bed. You have about 10-12 people living on there at the start of act 2 and only two beds :D.

She'll make point 5 past light speed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself .... but, we're a little rushed, so, if you'll just get on board we'll get out of here.

"She may not be pretty, kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Really, has nobody seen the original trilogy? The Thunderclap looks like a Rebel Alliance ship! It's like a B-wing, just a bit bigger and without the gyro in the center! Does nobody has any variety of aesthetic sense anymore? No, never mind, I'm talking to the generation that has totally discarded sailboats and cruiser motorcycles for speedboats and sportbikes instead of enjoying all of it. People should really appreciate more than one thing...

Think of it like food. Fancy yourself educated and intelligent? Try to extend the same sense of adventure and appreciation you give to food to the rest of ... oh heck never mind.

This. I appreciate my Thunderclap- not as pretty on the outside, but my goodness is she a nice piece of work on the inside.

I didn't like it at first either, but now I like the quick walk to the bridge and I know the layout. I really appreciate the influences; x-wing engines, b-wing pod, ARC lines in places with some y-wing clunkiness too.

It really grew on me. Second favorite after the Phantom.

No complaints...but at times I feel like the Indian Jones guy that "once got lost in his own museum." I always seem to get turned around.

What irks me the most is how it is such an obvious ancient version of the B wing, smuggler has the Yt series...and the trooper in the intro video is just a rendering of the movie version of Jango Fett.