Ilum Buff For Melee Idea: "Total Clusterfrak"

McVade

I'll keep this idea short and simple. Melee in Ilum are great until the screen starts to shake and the framerate starts to drop. In 24 on 24 or more conflict, if you melee someone who wasn't pulled into your zerg via Vanguard wire, you might as well /stuck and deny your enemy the kill you're about to become. Therefore, I propose all melee get a buff under certain conditions. We'll call it "Clusterfrak" and portion it into "Semi Clusterfrak" and "Total Clusterfrak"

Benefit: When there's a Semi Clusterfrak on your screen, single target melee DPS abilities increase by 300%. Much like a Tactical Advantage, a Semi Clusterfrak procs when there's over 20 active enemies within 50 meters.

If this number goes to 30 active enemies, the situation upgrades to a Total Clusterfrak. Once this happens, single target melee DPS abilities increase by 500% damage.

Alternatively, you can have a "Clusterfrak bar" which gets filled up each and every time a melee DPS gets hit by an AoE. Like Resolve, once you hit your Clusterfrak maximum, you get a corresponding buff to melee attacks and enter a flipped out state, where your damage is increased by 300-500% for 20-30 seconds.

That will give melee an actual role in zerg on zerg warfare and something else to think about instead of spamming their class buff and mooching off allied ranged kills. It becomes a viable strategy to try and gank someone in the confusion of massive zerg warfare and then trying to escape the ensuing focus fire.

The Clusterfrak will get downgraded as enemies die, and will flat out disappear when the enemies drop to 19 or lower, as the Clusterfrak has ended.

Feel free to propose other ideas (and names) for a melee buff in zerg on zerg warfare. Because, I gotta tell you, spamming my class buff is getting a little tiring.

Edited by McVade

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to necro here, but I'm all for some sort of situational buff to melee classes (to make them actually feel worthwhile and add some strategy to the current zerg/ranged tagfest that is ilum pvp). I personally was thinking ton the flipside of that i.e. actually turning melee into semi boss style tanks under certain conditions. One condition could be what you said, though, i personally feel it could work better as a buff that's given to melee classes when certain nodes are captured (much like the ilum xp bonuses, just in a more localised area to avoid people having to run halfway across the map just to neutralise the buff). This should at least make melee in mass ilum pvp viable beyond hitting their buff and picking off those stupid enough to jump in solo.

Of course, BW could completely forgo that route and find some way of forcing ranged to push up, rather that sit back and trade aoe...though it'd probably make more sense to give melee more incentive to jump into the fray and keep things moving/fun

Might be on to something but I think melee'ers should get better defenses rather than more damage.

I would like them to have much better status protection than any other classes since they depend on their mobility and melee range. Also some protection against aoe is needed for those who dont have access to it.

But some kind of a kamikaze buff for melee every once in a while could be fun..

Here's something that might actually help in all the lag.

4m range abilities get increased to 10m range when more than 40 players are fighting. Then you might get to hit some people as the action jerks around due to lag and your target isn't as close as you think he is anymore. =P