Light III IA, I want to turn in to the Dark Side. Questions..

SwaggaX

I'm a level 31 Operative right now, have gone with Light Side choices throughout the story till now, I'm at 4777 Light / 0 Dark.

If I went all Dark Side from now on, how would it work, dark points will increase like 4777/+150 and not take away from light correct? If so, I would need 4777 dark points to become 'neutral' and if I went past that I would be Dark I or remain neutral? Its really confusing and very confused, I would appreciate if anyone can clarify.

Also, I wonder how would the story develop from now on, Jadus gone, etc. I don't mind spoilers. :)

Your alignment has little bearing on your character outside of a few select relics, vehicles, and armor. Endgame pvp/pve stuff doesn't have restrictions. You'll not come across any sniper rifles that are restricted to lightside/darkside as you continue to level either. The restricted armoris mostly found on the vendors.

That aside, the decisions you make in the story can have impact on the final scene you get after finishing the level 50 quest. There was a thread a few week backs that gave descriptions of the different endings we can have.

If you're just wanting to get to darkside 10,000 you can have your minions run darkside diplomacy missions, naturally pick all darkside choices when you have the options, and unless fixed...run normal mode Black Talon dozens of times.

Aha ok got it. But in terms of gameplay, would it be possible to achieve that high through questing till 50 from where I am right now? I also have Diplomacy. Thanks.

You probably can't get maxed DS by just questing now but you're lucky to have Diplomacy. I've seen gains of 200 DS points with max level Diplomacy missions so it is relatively painless to get DS points thorugh it once you're high level and can run missions with 5 companions at the same time. The stuff you get from Diplomacy sells in the auction house too so you won't be losing money, it will just take a while as the missions are long.

Yes, running Black Talon is how I maxed out my Light side. As an operative you can just sneak by 95% of the trash and kill the bosses. Since you are going for dark side, if you haven't maxed Kaliyo's Affection, bring her along. If you pick the right responses, you should get about 300 affection a run with her! About 10min a run for 200 Dark pts, and 300 Affection. Remember, you can jump on your speeder anytime in that flashpoint!

As for how alignment works, as you get darkside, your alignment will drop, but you'll keep all of your lightside, UNTIL you reach 10000 darkside. Then every darkside point after that will subtract a lightside point.