Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Petition: Insert Wookie as playable race!

Noirmorris

See...I don't know how adding a wookie would go. When you take into account all the voice over scenes and having the "wookie bark" account for your side every single time, to me would be annoying as hell so I would never play one.

I will however support anyone who would wish to so signed.

And what would be added in for the Empire?

They don't need to add anything to imps. Would be a good incentive to roll Republic, ya?

Sure, there we be the crybabies that would scream for something for the imps, but who cares?

Wookie = Republic

If you didn't know, the imps are a bit speciesists...(new word? lol)

;)

They don't need to add anything to imps. Would be a good incentive to roll Republic, ya?

Sure, there we be the crybabies that would scream for something for the imps, but who cares?

Wookie = Republic

;)

Agree 100%.

Wookie = Republic

;)

Yes, they do need to add something to Imperial side. Don't be ridiculous.

It would also be a good incentive for imp players to quit, since they'll see their side being intentionally short changed.

You can't give something to one side while giving nothing to the other, and expect your playbase not to shrink.

Also, the "incentive" to roll Republic right now is shorter wait times for warzones....

Edited by MikeMonger

Wookie = Republic

;)

If I want a mindnumbing scream in my ears all the time I'd spend more time with my girlfriend and not roll a Wookiee...

Yes, they do need to add something to Imperial side. Don't be ridiculous.

Doesn't the Empire already have one more unique race than the Republic? Republic getting one more sounds fair...although I agree with this:

Just say no to Furries.

Something like Togruta or Kel-Dorr as Republic only would probably encourage a few fence jumpers.

Doesn't the Empire already have one more unique race than the Republic? Republic getting one more sounds fair...although I agree with this:

Something like Togruta or Kel-Dorr as Republic only would probably encourage a few fence jumpers.

Oh yeah. I'd def. play a Togruta or Kel-Dorr.

"George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe. Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction. Kirlocca, Lowbacca, and Tyvokka are the only existing Wookiee Jedi characters (though an unnamed Wookiee in Edge of Victory: Conquest appears to be an unknown Jedi student rather than Lowbacca), as they were developed before this policy was enacted. "

From... wait for it... Wookieepedia :)

I'm pretty sure the Republic gets those blind dudes, while the empire gets Chiss, but other than that they all get the same races.