PVP server immunity

Provos

Im pretty positive when game will go live 20 dec there will be new servers, and most of newcomers will join em. Unlike these ppl i already have my pvp community, they already playing at late 20lvls.Tomorrow they will be 30.

WHILE IM %#^ STUCK WITH GREY PLAY BUTTON!

Then I will just wait till the 20th then and join a new server, pointless to go in at level 1 when people are already level 30.

$60 for standard $80 digital deluxe. Neither of which determined when you got in. The date you entered your pre-order code did that. You paid $20 extra for in game items and nothing else. Be mad at yourself for not leveling up reading comprehension. No, you will not get a grace period to catch up on that either.

You know, I have been warned twice for making less offensive and rude statements than this. I hope the mod does his job here.

You know, I have been warned twice for making less offensive and rude statements than this. I hope the mod does his job here.

The truth can be quite offensive. I hope the mod is a woman and is offended by your gender bias. I registered on the forums a few months late actually, so I have mod warning immunity until my post count reaches the day one folks.

Origin. I paid 80 when I could have waited and paid 60 and started on the 20th.

You don't pay extra to get into EGA, it was more like a deposit. The amount you paid for the EGA is deducted from the cost of the game before they charge you for it.

Is it possible for those of being forced to wait 4 or 5 days to get in to be given an immunity for the same amount of time others are leveling up and passing us? It makes no difference on pve servers but on PVP servers it does. There will be endless ganking and laughing because they are already max level and I just get in and am level 1. We are going in disadvantaged into an already unbalanced playing field before even getting to log on for the first time.

You can't be ganked until after Nar shadaa. Which is the 4th planet and you will be level 25+ by then. Your post is irrelevant

Is it possible for those of being forced to wait 4 or 5 days to get in to be given an immunity for the same amount of time others are leveling up and passing us? It makes no difference on pve servers but on PVP servers it does. There will be endless ganking and laughing because they are already max level and I just get in and am level 1. We are going in disadvantaged into an already unbalanced playing field before even getting to log on for the first time.

Bioware has already provided for carebear concerns of this nature...they are called PvE servers.

Edit: One other point. I have been having more of a blast leveling in this game than any recent game I can recall. There are so many options. The story actually does matter and keeps you engaged. When the PvE gets a bit dry, just go hit a WZ for a fix. Last night I spent 4 hours in WZs and didn't even notice the time tick away. Definitely in no rush to hit level cap. Having tons of fun already.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Don't worry OP. You won't be ganked until you hit about 30 or so, if that. I was level 20 when I left Corr and not once did I ever see an Imperial... Save for the two that bugged into the station, but that was more fun than anything else.

I'm fine with PvP; done lots of it in MMOs like Aion, PWI and of course FPS. Thing is, I see true PvP as going up against players at equal or similar levels (char level).

It is just unfortunate that for some, PvP means trying to prove their manhood (or lack thereof) by ganking - or worse zerging - players several levels lower and crowing about it. That's just sad.

Im thinking about playing this game, but I cant right now. I may get it in January. I also want to play on a PvP server. Can I expect to receive this same immunity? I dont wanna get ganked.

***? Are you serious? What is with you people?

Lvl 50's will tend tobe doing lvl 50 stuff in lvl 50 areas. If they wanna hang around in the lowbie areas ganking people then let them. Its sad and you wont get much valour outta it, but hell some people are just jerks.

On the otherhand if you are a lowbie running around in higher lvl open PvP areas your deserve to be ganked.

And now that I am annoyed at stupid people asking stupid question and making stupid requests pray that I dont find you characters on the server I play or I WILL PURPOSELY hunt you down and gank you!

***? Are you serious? What is with you people?

Lvl 50's will tend tobe doing lvl 50 stuff in lvl 50 areas. If they wanna hang around in the lowbie areas ganking people then let them. Its sad and you wont get much valour outta it, but hell some people are just jerks.

On the otherhand if you are a lowbie running around in higher lvl open PvP areas your deserve to be ganked.

And now that I am annoyed at stupid people asking stupid question and making stupid requests pray that I dont find you characters on the server I play or I WILL PURPOSELY hunt you down and gank you!

That seemed like a bit of sarcasm in the other guy's post.

To the op if you wanted the standard edition then just call up origin they should do it for you. And if they ever did change the price of the game before 16/12 the all would get the new price. But i'm sure it would more likely be 20/12 and they would refund the value (But just as a note the price of each version will not change this year.

Just suck it up and deal with it. You should have joined a guild if you intended on PvPing. This game isn't made for solo PvP

While I disagree with the op and am not complaining about ganking in anyway form or shape, I have to say you are wrong. While guilds are nice to have no one should be forced into having to join one. Especially before the game is out.

Honestly even if you had a 4-5 day grace period on pvp, that would just ensure the earlier waves would likely be into the high 40s or 50 by the time you even hit the pvp areas, which would do absolutely nothing to help your problem

The starter worlds are PvP free zones even on a PvP server. So you won't get ganked there.

Also for most people, like 95% of us in EGA, the most people will have is 2 days of a head start, really for most people it will be only 1. They invited the bulk of pre-orders yesterday and today.

I ordered on Dec 2nd and got in on the 1:15pm wave today, they sent out I think 2 more after that. So pretty much everyone is in at this point.

Finally, if what you wanted were to happen, then shouldn't we give everyone who starts on the 20th a full 7 days of immunity?

Really? I pre-ordered Dec 3. I'm not in yet.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.