Global Cooldown - I like it

-Aarioch-

As another user posted, anyone complaining about the new flashing CD bars needs to get their eyes to cowboy up.

Having 50 different skill effects going off constantly across the whole screen is clearly less disconcerting...

I like the new GCD as well.

I see the ignorant are trotting about again. There is a difference between colored, random patterns of abilities and the rhythmic, pulsating flash that hits from every direction currently. Some people are more susceptible to motion sickness or eye strain than others, and toughing through just makes the illness worse. Your response is about as smart as saying "Well, if flashing strobe lights give you problems, how can you possibly be out in the sun? They both involve lights! Derp."

Anyway, I solved my GCD problem by canceling my sub.

Edited by ToliverGrey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to guess when if you have enough power/energy/ammo? You must not know your class or skills very well at all. I dont have to guess theres a yellow bar right under my health tthat shows exactly how much I have left and I know what skills take what energy.

Get better I say.

You know exactly how much ammo/force/whatever EVERY one of you abilities uses? I think not. And what about reactive abilities, such as high impact bolt? those are grey too. Maybe you should try a class that has something other than a 1 button spam.

Edited by harpuax

You have to guess when if you have enough power/energy/ammo? You must not know your class or skills very well at all. I dont have to guess theres a yellow bar right under my health tthat shows exactly how much I have left and I know what skills take what energy.

Get better I say.

So, you're putting someone else down when you lack the ability to time the GCD in your head, and have to rely on a gigantic strobe light effect to tell you when it's over? Especially when the GCD is always going to be 1.5 seconds long?

Get better, I say.

Is the flash different depending on your settings? I do not really have a flash, or at least it is not much different then before when it ended. I have everything on low, no shadows, and play at 1600x1200. Don't know if it makes a difference but I really don't notice my bar any more than I did before.

You know exactly how much ammo/force/whatever EVERY one of you abilities uses? I think not. And what about reactive abilities, such as high impact bolt? those are grey too. Maybe you should try a class that has something other than a 1 button spam.

Not hard to see when you target is on fire lol..... not hard to know that when you fire a grav round as gunnery spec that hib is triggered..... not hard to look at debuffs on your bar or them enemies bar.....

Most rotations only use around 5 skills steady.... is it that hard for you to memorize them? just because you cant doesn't mean I cant. lol.

Again learn your class...

Not hard to see when you target is on fire lol..... not hard to know that when you fire a grav round as gunnery spec that hib is triggered..... not hard to look at debuffs on your bar or them enemies bar.....

Most rotations only use around 5 skills steady.... is it that hard for you to memorize them? just because you cant doesn't mean I cant. lol.

so why can't you memorize what 1.5 seconds is?

Get better I say.

I assume you play a bounty hunter or some easy-mode class. With warriors, we can run out of our resource in two or three moves. Resource and cooldown management is a constant battle, with every ability requiring careful planning. The new CDs make it impossible to see if you have the required resources for an ability while its covered by the cooldown timer. Still doable, but horrible design. The old system was far superior, allowing us to manage our resources simply by looking at our abilities during the GCD.

It looks like they'll allow that option again in the near future, and I'm excited for it.

Edited by keltonz

You are so clueless. Yes it is possible to learn a class to the point where you would need no indicators. I'm sure you could learn a class so well that no action bar at all would be necessary as long as you have everything keybound.. The entire point of the action bars is to help with these areas and the current UI is lacking.

Your solution to people describing how the current action bar is inadequate is = don't use your action bar... Nice.

Edited by Thesseract

I assume you play a bounty hunter or some easy-mode class. With warriors, we can run out of our resource in two or three moves. Resource and cooldown management is a constant battle, with every ability requiring careful planning. The new CDs make it impossible to see if you have the required resources for an ability while its covered by the cooldown timer. Still doable, but horrible design. The old system was far superior, allowing us to manage our resources simply by looking at our abilities during the GCD.

It looks like they'll allow that option again in the near future, and I'm excited for it.

I play shadow actually.

So your whole post is moot.

You are so clueless. Yes it is possible to learn a class to the point where you would need no indicators. I'm sure you could learn a class so well that no action bar at all would be necessary as long as you have everything keybound.. The entire point of the action bars is to help with these areas and the current UI is lacking.

Your solution to people describing how the current action bar is inadequate is = don't use your action bar... Nice.

Thats not what I am saying at all, but people are overexaggerating the problem.

If you que abilities as melee your fail.

Thats why its important to have GCD visual because if you dont want stuttering and lag as melee you play with 0.0 queing. Which means you need to know when skills are ready when gcd's are ticking down etc etc.

so you can time your bursts and make sure you are dps'ing at full capacity in pvp especially.

I don't think you understand how the queue system works.

If I have a 0.5 second queue set up it means I can press an ability up too 0.5 seconds in advance. If I don't queue something and the GCD is up and I press something, it will execute immediatly. I don't have to wait that 0.5 seconds. There is no detriment to queuing. If I think i will use an ability as soon as the GCD is up I'll queue it 0.5 seconds in advance. If I think the ability I use may change in that 0.5 second time frame then I just don't bother queuing an ability in advance. In fact if I queue an ability at 0.5 second then change my mind at 0.25 seconds, I can press the new ability at 0.25 seconds and it will override the 0.5 second queue.

When everybody playing has a least some ping, everybody should be queueing to some degree. If you wait until the GCD is up visually to select an ability you lose time equal to your ping.

Edited by Thesseract

It was never a matter of like or dislike.

It's a matter of the new UI has made it near impossible for others to play because they're sensitive to the "OMG FLASHY FLASHY WHITE-BLUE BLOB" that happens on every key press.

Causes major headaches and eyestrain and nausea for quite a few people.

If it wasn't so jarring to my peripheral vision, I might like it a little. As it stands it makes my eyes and head hurt a lot.

Why would they postpone fix for this issue till 21st? To charge subscriptions on 19th and get another month of time to full around I guess...

I canceled subscription until this issue fixed

not gonna pay and pray for smart move from devs :p

Edited by DenysY

I don't think you understand how the queue system works.

If I have a 0.5 second queue set up it means I can press an ability up too 0.5 seconds in advance. If I don't queue something and the GCD is up and I press something, it will execute immediatly. I don't have to wait that 0.5 seconds. There is no detriment to queuing. If I think i will use an ability as soon as the GCD is up I'll queue it 0.5 seconds in advance. If I think the ability I use may change in that 0.5 second time frame then I just don't bother queuing an ability in advance. In fact if I queue an ability at 0.5 second then change my mind at 0.25 seconds, I can press the new ability at 0.25 seconds and it will override the 0.5 second queue.

When everybody playing has a least some ping, everybody should be queueing to some degree. If you wait until the GCD is up visually to select an ability you lose time equal to your ping.

I dont think you understand the bug with long animations and queing.... spam something like master strike with ability que on and watch your character spaz out starting the animation over and over again.

My eyes are fine. Your thought process is not. Get that checked out.

Yet the warning on the game says if you experience these issues to see a doctor and stop playing immediatly yet your telling him hes wrong?

wow.

IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE use and consult your physician before resuming gameplay. If you or your child experience any of the following health problems or symptoms:

dizziness

altered vision

eye or muscle twitches

nausea

loss of awareness

disorientation

seizures or

any involuntary movement or convulsion

RESUME GAME PLAY ONLY ON APPROVAL OF YOUR PHYSICIAN.

Think if your getting headaches, sick or twitches you fall under this category in which it states go see your damn doctor lol.

Edited by Barracudastr

I dont think you understand the bug with long animations and queing.... spam something like master strike with ability que on and watch your character spaz out starting the animation over and over again.

Wait so just for me to understand your logic.

1. There is an entirely seperate bug that should have been fixed that prevents you from using ability queuing (and even though I have not experienced this I have no reason to doubt you).

2. People who do use ability queuing are upset because the new UI prevents them from effectively doing so.

3. You for some reasone can remember the force cost of all your abilities, you can recognize procs instantly on screen, but you can't remember that the GCD that occurs every time an ability is used is 1.5 seconds.

4. Rather than post about problem #1, you troll the people with a problem due to #2.

Edited by Thesseract

Wait so just for me to understand your logic.

1. There is an entirely seperate bug that should have been fixed that prevents you from using ability queuing (and even though I have not experienced this I have no reason to doubt you).

2. People who do use ability queuing are upset because the new UI prevents them from effectively doing so.

3. You for some reasone can remember the force cost of all your abilities, you can recognize procs instantly on screen, but you can't remember that the GCD that occurs every time an ability is used is 1.5 seconds.

4. Rather than post about problem #1, you troll the people with a problem due to #2.

I have no issue with ability ques on my sage (I use 0.25), ability ques as melee bug out bad and delay when you press the ability several times like many people do in the heat of a pvp fight.

I remember just fine its just a small visual que that I see out of the bottom of my screen because I generall dont look at my ability bar in the sense that im looking at cd's. I see it dark then I see it flash.

Not sure what your failing to understand about what I said.

Do I need to make a video, because you seem to think im trolling when I am not.

Also this is what trolling is:

Being a ***** on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."

Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

Theres other definitions but I am not trolling.

-----------------------

Edited by Barracudastr

I have no issue with ability ques on my sage (I use 0.25), ability ques as melee bug out bad and delay when you press the ability several times like many people do in the heat of a pvp fight.

I remember just fine its just a small visual que that I see out of the bottom of my screen because I generall dont look at my ability bar in the sense that im looking at cd's. I see it dark then I see it flash.

Not sure what your failing to understand about what I said.

Do I need to make a video, because you seem to think im trolling when I am not.

Also this is what trolling is:

Being a ***** on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."

Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

-----------------------

You are trolling because people have clearly explained the problems they have with the new UI and yet you still imply that they are all idiots who don't know what they are talking about.

You are trolling because you said that "If you que abilities as melee your fail." when the bug you described does not seem to affect everyone (certainly id doesn't impact my play as a melee juggernaut).

People are explaining thier problems with the new UI, and rather than reading and understanding where they are coming form you are implying that their problems are not existant or that it is their own fault.

Oh ya here's some of your quotes that clearly show you are trolling.

"If you que abilities as melee your fail"

Because if we don't experience the same bug you do and can actually queue abilities we must clearly be fail.

"Get better I say"

Because if we think the UI could more accurately describe abilities that are useable we shouldn't say anything but just keep our mouth shut.

"Again learn your class..."

Right, asking the UI to display better information automatically means we are bad with our class.

"people are overexaggerating the problem"

How is this not a troll comment?

If are simply trying to say that you personally like the GCD effect then say so. But to diminish other peoples concerns in the process and insult them makes you a troll.

Edited by Thesseract

I think this is more of a problem for clickers (no offense) who stares at there action bars all the time?

I have every ability hot keyed. I and many others with problems with the new GCD effect have stated we are not clickers. I liked glancing at my action bar to recognize which abilities (mostly proc effects) are available so i can queue them up prior to the GCD being over. The New UI makes it harder (but not fully impossible) to recognize which abilities are available. Not saying the new UI makes the game unplayable (for the reasons I describe above), just unclear and it could be better.

The new UI does however make the game unplayayble for those who began experiencing headaches only after the new UI was implemented.

Edited by Thesseract