To all my fellow operatives

Cwild

Please learn to dispel.

I constantly read about people complaining about dots and how they cant vanish with them on.

DISPEL THEM

please....please....please. lrn2playwiththeskillsyouhave.

ps, stop nerfing us, thanks

You can vanish with dots on, just not for very long.

I actually started experimenting with this ability a lot lately actually, and i can conclude that in general it's a relatively useless ability. It's kind of nice to get rid of something when you're going out of combat, but while fighitng DPS agents need to be blowing all their abilities non stop so don't have time for it, and healers need to be healing. If you stop to remove some effects you soon find that your ally is now nearly dead.

I didn't know I could dispel force-based abilities, thanks.

:rolleyes:

As for "When vanishing," just use Evasion right beforehand. Not hard, anyone complaining about not being able to vanish due to DoTs is doing it wrong.

Edited by Xenthum

I didn't know I could dispel force-based abilities, thanks.

:rolleyes:

As for "When vanishing," just use Evasion right beforehand. Not hard, anyone complaining about not being able to vanish due to DoTs is doing it wrong.

Really?

Because evasion gives you 100% defense against melee/ranged attacks.

Nowhere in there does it say anything about removing dots, dot avoidance, etc.

Further, it gives you no protection against force users. Which makes up the two thirds of players not currently playing their missle spammers.

Really?

Because evasion gives you 100% defense against melee/ranged attacks.

Nowhere in there does it say anything about removing dots, dot avoidance, etc.

Further, it gives you no protection against force users. Which makes up the two thirds of players not currently playing their missle spammers.

Avoidance training, read it. Unless I'm mistaken, it should remove stuff when you pop evasion

Evasion is indeed a dot begone ability, however by time your GCD is up to hit vanish: that sorc has already dropped more dots on you. Only way is to vanish and then hit evasion, then pray RNG flukes out in your favor. But then again, it tends to be buggy and not remove some stuff: it's hit or miss.

Also, our 'cleanse' only effects a small percentage of dots. Pretty much you can dispell another agents junk on you and that's it. Pretty worthless all in all and just another insta heal that can potentially crit for a whole 1k which will be 30-40% less once surge is nerfed next patch, woot!

Edited by fixit

Evasion is indeed a dot begone ability, however by time your GCD is up to hit vanish: that sorc has already dropped more dots on you. Only way is to vanish and then hit evasion, then pray RNG flukes out in your favor. But then again, it tends to be buggy and not remove some stuff: it's hit or miss.

Not on the GCD, try again.

Vanish gives you a gcd immunity to damage ... I have seen dots tick and being hit for damage and stay stealth right after using it. I always Vanish and THEN hit evasion to clear all debuffs. Never have I been knocked out of stealth using this method even with a ton of dots and crap on me.

I love using my Toxin Scan against Lethality ops. Also, if you can clear Flechette/Acid Blade, do it. It's a ton of damage and messes up their laceration/round two procs. Nothing makes me happier than going head to head against an enemy operative/scoundrel and watching them not remove my debuffs.

I love using my Toxin Scan against Lethality ops. Also, if you can clear Flechette/Acid Blade, do it. It's a ton of damage and messes up their laceration/round two procs. Nothing makes me happier than going head to head against an enemy operative/scoundrel and watching them not remove my debuffs.

This. As a Lethality/Med hybrid, enemy Lethality ops/scounds are a joke. Most don't even bother trying to cleanse because they're so used to tunnelling DPS with that nonsense rotation (Lethality is so hard to play right, tbh) that they don't realize their cull and weakenings aren't doing a whole hell of a lot and they slowly tick to their death.

Avoidance training, read it. Unless I'm mistaken, it should remove stuff when you pop evasion

about 1 seconds between evasion and and cloaking screen. (assuming you spam the button)

Affliction. instant cast.

Corrosive dart. Instant Cast.

Plasma Cells from BH (instant cast)

Incendiary Missle Instant Cast.

Force scream (talented for bleed) Instant Cast.

All of these abilities are unaffected by evasion, can be cast before hit cloaking screen, and break you right out of stealth again.

So yeah...

And Avoidance Training offers you no protection against dots being reapplied before you go back into stealth.

So yeah....

Meanwhile... Force Shroud on the otherhand offers 100% immunity for 3 seconds to all Tech and Force abilities, and removes all negative effects.

Mhmmmm.

Edited by pairadox

about 1 seconds between evasion and and cloaking screen. (assuming you spam the button)

Affliction. instant cast.

Corrosive dart. Instant Cast.

Plasma Cells from BH (instant cast)

Incendiary Missle Instant Cast.

Force scream (talented for bleed) Instant Cast.

All of these abilities are unaffected by evasion, can be cast before hit cloaking screen, and break you right out of stealth again.

So yeah...

And Avoidance Training offers you no protection against dots being reapplied before you go back into stealth.

So yeah....

Meanwhile... Force Shroud on the otherhand offers 100% immunity for 3 seconds to all Tech and Force abilities, and removes all negative effects.

Mhmmmm.

vanish isnt on the global cd.

if you cant evade and vanish in under 1 second then the problems you are having are not with anything but your lack of speed and hand coordination skills.

Please learn to dispel.

I constantly read about people complaining about dots and how they cant vanish with them on.

DISPEL THEM

please....please....please. lrn2playwiththeskillsyouhave.

ps, stop nerfing us, thanks

didnt know sorc dot were classed as tech

Edited by evilbond

I don't really want to give you guys a heads up on this, being my counterparts and all, but seeing as I really hate sorcs, I'll let you in on this.

Your Evasion or whatever it is (It's Dodge for me) removes all DoTs and doesn't break stealth. You can vanish and pop it immediately after and have no problems.

I don't really want to give you guys a heads up on this, being my counterparts and all, but seeing as I really hate sorcs, I'll let you in on this.

Your Evasion or whatever it is (It's Dodge for me) removes all DoTs and doesn't break stealth. You can vanish and pop it immediately after and have no problems.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that you have to blow two emergency CDs to pull it off.