Smooth Launch FAIL?

Fllow

When i log SWTOR my que position was 980, waiting like 1hr+ to 190position until go to windows something read on this forum and SWTOR freeze. Must close aplication, run again and what a suprise i stand again on 980 que position.

This is totally awfull. When game release and happen this... good job, this is exactly correspond with your announce with smooth launch!!

EU server: Legions of Lettow

update1: after 2hrs+, 2times que.. in 2nd que almost in game, but error 9000 or something like that - lost connection to server and another que with starting position 700+

update2: after 3hrs+ i am finally in, it doesnt metter how is SWTOR great game, this is epic fail

Edited by Fllow

lol because you play in a heavy server like fatman?

Take it from me...move to another server right now while you can before you commit too much.

Rakatta Mind Prison is a good server that I am on and queues are a BREEZE with not over populating players.

Yeah, this sucks. You pay for something and they only have a handfull of servers. If you ship x numbers of games you better make sure those x numbers of persons can play! Im on Freedon Nadd server. I picked it because it had low traffic before. Edited by fleischer

lol because you play in a heavy server like fatman?

Take it from me...move to another server right now while you can before you commit too much.

Rakatta Mind Prison is a good server that I am on and queues are a BREEZE with not over populating players.

why should i start a toon or another main.. bioware needs to open its servers up quicker

Yeah, this sucks. You pay for something and they only have a handfull of servers. If you ship x numbers of games you better make sure those x numbers of persons can play! Im on Freedon Nadd server. I picked it because it had low traffic before.

You know nothing about the MMO genre, and it shows.

When i log SWTOR my que position was 980, waiting like 1hr+ to 190position until go to windows something read on your forum and SWTOR freeze. Must close aplication, run again and what a suprise i stand again on 980 que position.

This is totally awfull. When game release and happen this... good job, this is exactly correspond with your announce with smooth launch!!

EU server: Legions of Lettow

Sounds like the early days of WoW... Hmmm... Sorry for your pain....

You know nothing about the MMO genre, and it shows.

I got it when I hade issues with Anarchy Online the first year. But now its 2011 and even the Beta test was fine. They know how many preorders they have. They know how many units of the game they shipped. This hould not happen.

I think I know a great deal of this genera. I have played every big on and a lot of smaller ones. From Eve Online to Wow. I started playing this genera when it was new with Meridian 59 and Ultima Online. So I know the problems this type of games have had.

But if you look back to newer MMOs servers issues isnt one of them. So keep your snide comment to yourself.

This is just as annoying as when you get a "server full" message when you bought a game from steam and try to download it.

Edited by fleischer

They are kind of cheaping out on the launch. They're trying to buy the absolute bare minimum amount of server hardware by letting people in through waves, rather than making an estimate based on sales. Something like that wouldn't go over well with people at launch, so that's what the "Early Access" is all about.

The problem with that plan, especially with the EU servers right now, is that people are still creating characters on full servers because new ones still need to be launched. Which would mean that unless the capacity for each server was increased, or enough people decided to move off the full servers, those queues will always be there.

Free server transfers off heavily populated servers might help, if they launch enough servers for the people who didn't preorder the game. :p

I got it when I hade issues with Anarchy Online the first year. But now its 2011 and even the Beta test was fine. They know how many preorders they have. They know how many units of the game they shipped. This hould not happen.

I think I know a great deal of this genera. I have played every big on and a lot of smaller ones. From Eve Online to Wow. I started playing this genera when it was new with Meridian 59 and Ultima Online. So I know the problems this type of games have had.

But if you look back to newer MMOs servers issues isnt one of them. So keep your snide comment to yourself.

This is just as annoying as when you get a "server full" message when you bought a game from steam and try to download it.

No MMO has ever launched with this many people. EVER. The fact that the servers are all standing is a testament to their power. And they're getting upgraded again before launch.

They are kind of cheaping out on the launch. They're trying to buy the absolute bare minimum amount of server hardware by letting people in through waves, rather than making an estimate based on sales. Something like that wouldn't go over well with people at launch, so that's what the "Early Access" is all about.

The problem with that plan, especially with the EU servers right now, is that people are still creating characters on full servers because new ones still need to be launched. Which would mean that unless the capacity for each server was increased, or enough people decided to move off the full servers, those queues will always be there.

Free server transfers off heavily populated servers might help, if they launch enough servers for the people who didn't preorder the game. :p

There's a reason for this. X number of players are going to quit after a month, and then what happens to server populations that were already standard or low? They become ghost towns. Its better to pack them in now so that server populations remain active over the long haul.

No MMO has ever launched with this many people. EVER. The fact that the servers are all standing is a testament to their power. And they're getting upgraded again before launch.

Of course the servers are "standing" they put a CAP on them, not much power there.

What they should have done was to CAP the population on one server so there never could be to many on at a specific time. But they cheaped out on the numbers of servers.

Edited by fleischer

There's a reason for this. X number of players are going to quit after a month, and then what happens to server populations that were already standard or low? They become ghost towns. Its better to pack them in now so that server populations remain active over the long haul.

Or they do like other MMOs does when they lose subscribers over time, they merge servers.

Doesn't seem like a valid point to keep paying players from playing just to keep the servers full in a month?

Edited by fleischer