The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1.1.3 Notes - Surge Rating Nerf & You Now Get Credit For Winning WZ's

Saviorofcamelot

Getting over 100% Accuracy doesn't add armor penetration, it lower's enemies defense. There's a difference, Armor pen is straight reducing straight mitigation. Lowering defense makes them slightly less likely to Block, or Parry but has no bearing on on absorption or the ability to increase your damage for that particular attack. It just lets that particular roll go through where as it might have gotten blocked or parried. Still good, but just makes it to where more attacks actually hit if they have a higher defense rating than most. This mainly applies to PvE content tho for ops bosses and the potential of them having 108-110% defense versus 100

Accuracy is useless in PVP, at least for my class.

And yet again a PVP fix that hurts the PVE game.

They should have concentrated on PVE only, which is what they are good at and left the PVP as some kind of arena fun thing.

PVP with PVP stats and heavy itemizations simply never works well. For that you need a skill based system, where items / stats only marginally influence the outcome.

Just my oppinion but i am sick of games trying to create a milk producing, egg laying woolen cow. Just concentrate on one thing and do that well....

PvE players make me want to vomit. Aren't there enough PvE games out there that you have to ruin the one with light-sabers too? Seriously how many heroic modes and flash point games do you need? How many boss fights where you see mechanics that mirror other games until you've had your fill?

I played KOTOR 1 and I enjoy a good story just like the next guy, but to whine about how it affects PvE is ludicrous.

PvE players make me want to vomit. Aren't there enough PvE games out there that you have to ruin the one with light-sabers too? Seriously how many heroic modes and flash point games do you need? How many boss fights where you see mechanics that mirror other games until you've had your fill?

I played KOTOR 1 and I enjoy a good story just like the next guy, but to whine about how it affects PvE is ludicrous.

Lol, Really?

Well until they release a Crit and Power Enhancement (Unless I'm not aware of one) I would do a mix of Power and Surge, and Crit and Surge. Crit is still good obviously until you hit soft cap and Power to my knowledge doesn't have a soft cap. And Surge is still good, but you will be hurting if it's all that you itemize for. Look at the whole picture when itemizing stats instead of just focusing on one stat. And honestly as long as you have close to 100% Accuracy, 25%+ crit and a decent amount of surge and power the rest will be up to skill vs skill.

Well, you don't HAVE to get the 5K medal every time you play a WZ. So you get 9 medals instead of 10 now.

And keep in mind, the 5K medal will still be there when we get our next tier of PvP gear and 5K will be a laugher as we'll all be rocking 30k hit points.

Can I be honest in saying the thought of yet more gear coming out to grind makes me want to vomit? Seriously...you just made me ill

This will be the 3rd patch in a row where they have claimed to fix Warzone credit.

If you notice though, this time they are more specific about WHY the bug was happening.

And if you think about it, people leave and rejoin warzones all the time. If it was really bugging out every time the first person to join a warzone left (saw it was huttball, immediately drops) then just LOL at Bioware.

"Fixed an issue causing players to not receive Warzone Win mission credit upon winning a Warzone match when the first player to enter the zone leaves the zone before the match concludes."

I'm sure we can all agree that this is a much needed fix. I don't think any of us realized that the wins weren't counting because the initial player was leaving the WZ. I've won 4 or 5 matches in a day where none of them counted...

Thanks for finally fixing this BioWare!

You need to read more critically. It doesn't say they fixed the problem of Warzones not counting in general, they said they fixed the problem of Warzones not counting in one specific case. I know for a fact they haven't counted before even though no one left the Warzone, most often in Voidstar. My wins almost never count in Voidstar. So no, they probably didn't fix the problem.

And yet again a PVP fix that hurts the PVE game.

They should have concentrated on PVE only, which is what they are good at and left the PVP as some kind of arena fun thing.

just because npcs dont complain like real people doesn't mean that something that stands out like a sore thumb in pvp doesnt have implications in pve. Thing is everyone benefits from "overpowered" situations in pve as they're in your group, in pvp they might be on the other team.

can you suddenly not buff the crap out of surge/crit rating in pve anymore? if anything its easier to achieve higher numbers for both these stats in pve then in pvp with gear+relics+consumables, and pve gear is more crit/surge then power/crit in pvp. pve gear im 40 % crit 88%surge before relics/consumables pvp is 34/67 in champions.

i wouldn't necessarily label it as a pvp nerf either, look at pvp gear, its far more devoid of surge rating/crit relative to pve gear. Obviously it varies from class to class but some dps classes that are more crit oriented get stocked up on power/crit form pvp gear.

If they really cared about nerfing burst they would stop allowing us to stack Relics on top of Adrenals.

That's coming as well, I bet!

They nerf things in reverse: symptoms first, causes last :D

Simply briiiillliant, briiiillliant, briiiillliant!

You need to read more critically. It doesn't say they fixed the problem of Warzones not counting in general, they said they fixed the problem of Warzones not counting in one specific case. I know for a fact they haven't counted before even though no one left the Warzone, most often in Voidstar. My wins almost never count in Voidstar. So no, they probably didn't fix the problem.

Yeah, Void Star is really random.

I thought that maybe they sometimes don't count as wins unless you officially make it to the last terminal.

Last night we won without making it to the last terminal and it still gave me credit for the win and thus ruled out my thoughts about how it was bugged.